• 142(current)
v21 fTV
lovin the skin. good work. is this still being supported? are there any plans to support more view options eg. Banner View?
Yes (as the post before yours shows) and no to more views.
Hitcher,

I am making slight modifications to your skin (Krypton version) to simplify it for my personal taste. I have removed movie and TV show rating, etc. from the MyVideoNav.xml. I also removed movie/TV show names/season info from the plot, limiting that it two lines.

Now, I would like to do the following but I can't figure out how:

1) For movies, under the heading (e.g. All Movies, In Progress Movies, Recently Released Movies, Recently Updated Movies, Movies By Year or Top Rated Movies), I would like to have a subheading with the name of the movie.

2) For TV shows:

* under the heading (e.g. All TV Shows, In Progress TV Shows, Recently Updated TV Shows, TV Shows By Year or Top Rated TV Shows), I would like to have the name of the TV show

* For a given TV series, I would like to list the season name in the subheading.

* For a given TV seasons, I would like to do the same (TV show in heading, season moved to subheading).

Could you please give me guidance?

3) Separately, I see that the plot is truncated in movies. This doesn't appear to be the case for TV show plots.

Thank you
I have gotten further along...

I created the subheadings in MyVideoNav.xml as follows:

Code:
            <!-- Subheading: Movie / TV Show / SeasonTitle -->
            <control type="label">
                <include>VisibleDelayFadeAnimation</include>
                <left>198</left>
                <top>210</top>
                <width max="1610">auto</width>
                <height>64</height>
                <aligny>top</aligny>
                <wrapmultiline>true</wrapmultiline>
                <font>Med32</font>
                <autoscroll>false</autoscroll>
                <textcolor>ffbebebe</textcolor>
                <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
                <visible>Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)</visible>
            </control>
            <!-- Subheading: Season Number in Episode View -->
            <control type="label">
                <include>VisibleDelayFadeAnimation</include>
                <left>198</left>
                <top>210</top>
                <width max="1610">auto</width>
                <height>64</height>
                <aligny>top</aligny>
                <wrapmultiline>true</wrapmultiline>
                <font>Med32</font>
                <autoscroll>false</autoscroll>
                <textcolor>ffbebebe</textcolor>
                <label>$VAR[SeasonValue]</label>
                <visible>Container.Content(episodes)</visible>
            </control>

And I removed the viewtype status, moving the pagination to that space. The >> now redirect to DialogVideoInfo.xml.

I still need to figure out how to shorten the episode listing from Season X Episode X to only Episode X. And I need to relayout the DialogVideoInfo.xml page to show all of the plot in a scrollable box. Something that looks more TVOS like....
I would like to replace the ratings and metadata graphics with a slightly rounded border, some filled and others border only. Similar to Netflix.

Can you recommend a way to do this?
Skinning for Kodi
Question 
@Hitcher,

Are you aware of any way to fix the widgets (both either using the up or back buttons) from going to the parent folders even though the option is definitely set correctly to be disabled?

Thanks again for your good work
None of my widgets do that; which ones are you having trouble with exactly?
(2017-11-05, 15:23)Hitcher Wrote: None of my widgets do that; which ones are you having trouble with exactly?

Just about all of them actually, if it was created to a Super Favorite then it first goes back to the main Super favorites and then I have to press back/ up again before going to the home page, same with YouTube it goes to the main app first, etc...
You'll need to add
Code:
,return
to the actions.

As for "Recently Updated" addons - that's nothing a skin can control as it's filled by Kodi.
(2017-11-05, 16:55)Hitcher Wrote: You'll need to add
Code:
,return
to the actions.
@Hitcher
Do you know of any other possible solutions? Thanks
No, sorry. All mine work so maybe it's a Super Favourites problem.
(2017-11-08, 18:45)Hitcher Wrote: No, sorry. All mine work so maybe it's a Super Favourites problem.
  • 142(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fTV42