• 7(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
Thanx all for the kind words.
I'm finally back and no more restricted to post. I'll take back the dev, just the time to get my head back in the code.

(2015-04-12, 22:11)sualfred Wrote: What the.... That's no skin, that's a skin-construction-kit O_o

Jayz2k... I hope u know that you're insane. I take my hat off to you.

Thanks sualfred. Not sure I will be able to go that far by dealing with the code but I would really like to tend to go that way.

(2015-04-15, 16:55)MassIV Wrote: Looking forward to having a look at the code. Very interesting Smile

Thanks MassIV, If you will, I recommend a bunch of aspirin to check all the cross tests and conditions Big Grin I sometime get lost myself Rolleyes

Some more news to come soon Wink
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Impressive work, can't wait to test this.
Vraiment très beau boulot.
(2015-04-29, 21:42)Flubber Wrote: Impressive work, can't wait to test this.
Vraiment très beau boulot.

Merci Wink

Home Menu Customization added :

i really like how you have implemented the font style of the informations (plot,..)
A lot of skins have the problem to present the informations of media in a good and stylish way.
You did a great job regarding this.

--> Can't wait to see this skin live on my screen.
(2015-05-04, 19:19)mydsmbr Wrote: i really like how you have implemented the font style of the informations (plot,..)
A lot of skins have the problem to present the informations of media in a good and stylish way.
You did a great job regarding this.

--> Can't wait to see this skin live on my screen.

Many thanks for the kind words.

Bloc 4 Video Preview added :

Du très bon travail et de très bonnes idées
Good work and good ideas
HTPC homemade - BOX SilverStone Lascala LC17 - CPU Intel Core i3-3220T (2.8 GHz) - CM ASRock B75 Pro3 - HD Crucial M4 64 Go - CG ASUS GeForce GT 610 Low Profile 1 GB - RAM Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue Series 4 Go (2x2 Go) DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 - POWER Be Quiet! Power 7 400 W 80PLUS - REMOTE Harmony 650 - Frodo 12.2 XBMCbuntu Aeon-Nox 4.1.9 - MacPro 2010 - SMB
(2015-05-05, 14:10)bortek Wrote: Du très bon travail et de très bonnes idées
Good work and good ideas
Merci Rolleyes / Thanks.

(2015-05-05, 22:03)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-05-05, 14:10)bortek Wrote: Du très bon travail et de très bonnes idées
Good work and good ideas
Merci Rolleyes / Thanks.
Great work man Smile.
Do you have a to do list we can see so we know when you're closer to an alpha release xD?
(2015-05-06, 14:58)Oath Wrote: Great work man Smile.
Do you have a to do list we can see so we know when you're closer to an alpha release xD?

Well ... I would like to say yes but I just can't. The fact is that since I launched the dev of the designer, I engaged myself in something hard to define in terms of time. It's not like if I skinned windows / dialogs one per one ... when I change a variable or string, I have to modify almost ALL files since the designer spreads everywhere. Moreover, each idea I get is better to implement now so they will be usable later without having to rewrite everything. Sry not to be able to give you the answer you're waiting. All I can say is that the countdown for Kodi 15 has started and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to deliver it in time.

(2015-05-06, 14:58)Oath Wrote: Great work man Smile.

Hmmm ... In fact You made me think about something with your to do list. I'm trying to organize myself since the beginning with the code for not to be lost . And the way I made the designer seems not to be completely the best way, neither for future user. I spent some time to calm down and think about it. I will rewrite a little the designer code to add 1 more menu. The first menu of the designer (the main one) contains everything in line (home, video, music, epg) ... that's a huge mistake ! I will divide it into Menu / Submenu with main containing the section of Kodi to skin (Home, Videos, Music, Pictures, etc) and then a submenu with what you skin in it (most are viewtypes). This will let me organise special sections like dialogs / Home, etc in a more convenient way. The code will be also more flexible.

For end user it's also more clear I think and I will be able to better know when a full section / subsection is done.
One more rewrite ...

Moreover I changed a bit the customization capacities. I was confused with the viewtypes names / style so I can't imagine for someone who doesn't know exactly where is what.
Now it's possible to rename the viewtypes by yourself and whatever the view is, you can set in bloc 1 the type you want. Right now there is 5 :
  • Wide list
  • Tiles
  • Fanart
  • Poster
  • Fixed List

That means for exemple you can set the same list type for each view but with a different window layout. Views act like a "slot" and there is 9 available (this is already coded and functional).

I gotta say, this skin is looking to turn out to be fantastic once released. The Designer is unbelieveable. I have to ask a question though- You have an awful lot of small text in your skin (ie- the "minutes" in the list view). Have you tried using your skin on a television to see if that is readable from 6-10 feet? I have been playing around with some similar styles lately and was wondering about the viability of using labels this size.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

(2015-05-13, 22:08)ZexisStryfe Wrote: I gotta say, this skin is looking to turn out to be fantastic once released. The Designer is unbelieveable. I have to ask a question though- You have an awful lot of small text in your skin (ie- the "minutes" in the list view). Have you tried using your skin on a television to see if that is readable from 6-10 feet? I have been playing around with some similar styles lately and was wondering about the viability of using labels this size.

Thx ZexisStryfe.
I would say it depends to the TV size. I'm actually using it at 10 feet but on a 55" TV, size is fine. Under 40" I have some doubts.

While I'm going crazy rewriting the designer with more options ...

Great Work....Subscribed
That is great to hear. Just out of curiousity, Jayz, what font is that?
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

(2015-05-15, 22:22)ZexisStryfe Wrote: That is great to hear. Just out of curiousity, Jayz, what font is that?
Using material icons and font as standard. Font is Roboto condensed. I've another one ... Rajdhani but not sure it appears on screenshots. Fits good and gives a more "Tech" look.

I have some free time to type a bit a code tomorrow. I've fine tuned the designer but still have to deal with home settings. I have raised the Skin.string number to more than 4500. It was more difficult to handle than I thought but seems to work fine now. Managed to fix some weird scenarios issues detected too. I'll will try to post the new options video this week-end.

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18