• 13(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
That looks great!
I keep watching that to-do list Big Grin still looking fantastic (the skin, not the to do list)
Wondering what you have for the start screen ;-)
I need this skin in my life ASAP!! It's beautiful and I can't wait for the release.
Brevity should never equate to rudeness.
Fantastic work, it's just awesome!

Do you want us to post issues here or on github?

I made a fresh install with KodiSetup-20150826-4342f59-master.exe.
Installed script.skin.helper.service from zip
Installed script.skinshortcuts from zip
Installed skin.KOver from zip
Updated all addons

When i try to switch to the skin i get the following in the log and then i get back to the previous skin.

Code:
06:19:31 T:1844   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10019
06:19:31 T:1844   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (SettingsCategory.xml) ------
06:19:31 T:1844    INFO: Loading skin file: SettingsCategory.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
06:19:31 T:1844   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(DialogVisibility)
06:19:31 T:1844   ERROR: Misplaced [
06:19:31 T:1844   ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(DialogVisibility) + !Container($PARAM[Id]).OnNext + !Container($PARAM[Id]).OnPrevious + Skin.String(HOM.View1.BBSizeX,3COLUMN) + Skin.String(HOM.View1.BBSizeY,3ROW) + Skin.String(HOM.View1.BBSBHide,ENABLED)
It's happening!!!!!!!

Smile Smile Smile

:edit: same error here
Code:
22:34:41 T:4988   ERROR: Skin includes must start with the <includes> tag
22:34:41 T:4988   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(DialogVisibility)
22:34:41 T:4988   ERROR: Misplaced [
22:34:41 T:4988   ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(DialogVisibility) + !Container($PARAM[Id]).OnNext + !Container($PARAM[Id]).OnPrevious + Skin.String(HOM.View1.BBSizeX,3COLUMN) + Skin.String(HOM.View1.BBSizeY,3ROW) + Skin.String(HOM.View1.BBSBHide,ENABLED)
Manually set it via guisettings.xml

You know how you wait and wait and wait for something, and when you get it, it fails to meet expectations. Well this skin is not like that, it really is beautiful and revolutionary

// although I can't get background fanart to work in the home menu, it works fine in TV and Movies etc
Come on train hurry up and get me home
Erm, I thought about that yesterday night but was way too tired to get in this. I know from where it comes from. In fact the first skin install doesn't start with startup windos so I have to set some fallbacks entries, Please wait until midday I get into this, I'm actually busy at work.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-08-28, 06:32)TRiX Wrote: Fantastic work, it's just awesome!

Do you want us to post issues here or on github?

I made a fresh install with KodiSetup-20150826-4342f59-master.exe.
Installed script.skin.helper.service from zip
Installed script.skinshortcuts from zip
Installed skin.KOver from zip
Updated all addons

When i try to switch to the skin i get the following in the log and then i get back to the previous skin.

Code:
06:19:31 T:1844   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10019
06:19:31 T:1844   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (SettingsCategory.xml) ------
06:19:31 T:1844    INFO: Loading skin file: SettingsCategory.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
06:19:31 T:1844   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(DialogVisibility)
06:19:31 T:1844   ERROR: Misplaced [
06:19:31 T:1844   ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(DialogVisibility) + !Container($PARAM[Id]).OnNext + !Container($PARAM[Id]).OnPrevious + Skin.String(HOM.View1.BBSizeX,3COLUMN) + Skin.String(HOM.View1.BBSizeY,3ROW) + Skin.String(HOM.View1.BBSBHide,ENABLED)

Updated Git
Please completely delete C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.KOver-master folder
and
C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.KOver folder

Reinstall KOver zip from updated git and let me know if it's ok

(2015-08-28, 08:27)Saner Wrote: // although I can't get background fanart to work in the home menu, it works fine in TV and Movies etc

Yes, not yet done for this first upload. It's on my to do list.
Since you already got it working, thanks for reporting if things seem to go fine Wink

KOver is finally available in Alpha stage.

Please note that you are going to use unfinished releases of KODI / ADDONS / SKIN, so you know where you are going Cool
Since it's my very first skin, please don't blame me if you encounter many bugs. Feel free to report, Alpha is done for that and will try to do my best to get everything fixed.

Read carefully instructions in first post. KOver Alpha is provided with minimum configuration requirements. I did that for you to build by your own the viewtypes and color schemes (it's better for scenarios bugs check).
If you make nice config, please share Wink

If skilled people want to look at the code, help me in debugging / maintaining / improving KOver, you're welcome !

Enjoy !

Some people asked me where the donate button was ... Now there's something to play with, I've added one at the bottom of first post. If you want to support my work this way, it's gratefully accepted Smile

(2015-08-28, 12:40)Jayz2K Wrote: Updated Git
Please completely delete C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.KOver-master folder
and

Nice, thanks for fast update!

It works, i'm super stoked to test this out!
(2015-08-28, 13:27)TRiX Wrote:
and

Thanks for reporting, glad it works.
Just noticed I had to active debug labels to check the window priorities to fix this and forgot to remove them.
If you downloaded before the fix and see the debug in the upper corners, I fixed it on git, you will have to delete C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.KOver folder again Rolleyes and install the new version (no need to delete the skin folder this time). Sorry for that.

(2015-08-28, 13:33)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 13:27)TRiX Wrote:
and

Thanks for reporting, glad it works.
Just noticed I had to active debug labels to check the window priorities to fix this and forgot to remove them.
If you downloaded before the fix and see the debug in the upper corners, I fixed it on git, you will have to delete C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.KOver folder again Rolleyes and install the new version (no need to delete the skin folder this time). Sorry for that.

Ooops, no worries!
glad we get the chance to test your awesome work.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18