• 17(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
(2015-09-03, 09:04)Toki Wrote: @Jay

Just to re-word my request.

You have default view across all sub-section (video, audio, tv....)
In your screens you have multiple views why not create several views by default (wide, 1/2 screen, side view, thumbs....)
This way users would then apply default view per module/section accordingly and customize it if needed.

Got it ... yes, as I previously said, I willingly did that for alpha because I wanted to throw KOver to people that didn't know how it works. I tried to make it as easy as possible to use with all tha features. If your lost, I'm not that much in the target. Filling all views throught the startup is not the best way in my opinion because it writes a huge amount of strings but import should make it. What do you think about a zip file that fills all the sections with different views at import (like a KOver.demo.zip)? This is easily doable.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
sure would be nice
it can be extracted directly and can be replicated across.
(2015-09-03, 09:20)Toki Wrote: sure would be nice

Will try to build a zip during lunch break. You will just have to import it like any colorscheme or common Template.

Wow mate, didn't even notice there is an alpha. Looking forward to test it.

Cheers
(2015-09-03, 09:20)Toki Wrote: sure would be nice
I uploaded the demo file on git. You will find it in extra/DemoViews folder. Use the import feature for this. Be warned IT WILL OVERRIDE ALL YOUR VIEWS. It should take some time so don't cancel it and wait until it's finished (you will understand why I didn't provided this at startup). Tell me if you're fine with this.

(2015-09-03, 10:34)butchabay Wrote: Wow mate, didn't even notice there is an alpha. Looking forward to test it.

Cheers
Glad to hear that a skilled Skinner is gonna take a look into this Wink Hope to get a feedback from a coder point of view. Thanks butch.

EDIT : FYI, skin.helper has been updated with a workaround to make the backup of marcel's TITAN skin to work (due to JARVIS settings save mod that breaks backup feature). However, this workaround consists of a skin reload and because I use properties for my layout, it crashes KOver. So please don't use export feature until we get an answer or fix from montelesse. Import is fine ...

Sorry, I can't install this skin because this requirement:
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.10.0"/>
I am using the openelec kodi version 15.1,compiled Aug 23 2015.
Do you know any way to install it?
Thanks
(2015-09-03, 23:40)ferent Wrote: Sorry, I can't install this skin because this requirement:
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.10.0"/>
I am using the openelec kodi version 15.1,compiled Aug 23 2015.
Do you know any way to install it?
Thanks
Yes, upgrading to Jarvis Wink

I searched the threads and didn't see where the git repo was. Anyway I can try this as well?
It's in the first post - https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver
IMPORTANT :

I've been warned that my id has to be lowercase in my addon.xml, what I did. That means you need to reinstall KOver to ensure everything is fine. Don't worry, all your settings are kept.

OK I am getting to grips with the designer and the more I play with things the more I am blown away by this skin and your hard work.

A question and a request.

The question, is it possible to have separate backgrounds for separate sections.

Ie. I want fanart on Movies and TV but this leaves settings , live TV, etc blank. I can't see if it's possible to set those background separately.

A request. For the backgrounds on home any chance of cycling fanart / extrafanart
(2015-09-04, 17:50)Saner Wrote: OK I am getting to grips with the designer and the more I play with things the more I am blown away by this skin and your hard work.

A question and a request.

The question, is it possible to have separate backgrounds for separate sections.

Ie. I want fanart on Movies and TV but this leaves settings , live TV, etc blank. I can't see if it's possible to set those background separately.

A request. For the backgrounds on home any chance of cycling fanart / extrafanart

Thanks Saner.

Just trying to understand your request. Regarding fanart, you can set your background type (fanart) for each view. For a whole section, set fanart in all views in Wallpaper submenu.
But I think you mean when you are browsing your movies, accessing the video settings makes the background to disappear. This is because settings window is not a dialog window even if I made it to look like. When you open settings, the video window closes (so you have no more art available) ... this is how KODI works. My workaround was to use the Home section parameters. But I already thought about rewriting this window using previous window configuration I will place in memory. Then I will be able to recall the parent window parameters.

Regarding Live TV there is not much I can do since PVR has no fanart. The awesome feature to get art near the list has been developped by marcelvelt to my request in skin.helper but it's not 100% relevant, can give you low res pictures and unapropriated format (it searches IMDb, Google and then YouTube to return something). Using this as background is not reliable I'm afraid

For Home cycling fanart it should not be a problem and easy to include. Again the awesome script from Marcel does it already. I planned to use it, so will try to take a look this WE.

I think he didn't mean Home cycling fanart but the ability to choose a different image for each section on Home, like one different image background for Movies, Tv, Music, Settings ...etc.
I love it. Keep going man +1000
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18