• 29(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
(2015-11-06, 16:48)tmaru Wrote: Excellent.. All my previous bugs seem resolved now including templates/view create-edit
Definitely usable at this point.. thanks so much.

That's good news. Sounds more like an installation issue than a KODI bug since templates also work now.
I keep this one in mind and will wait if someone gets similar problem before submitting something irrelevant.
Until then, I keep my changes active on git to ensure it keeps working.

Thanks for your time in testing.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-11-06, 17:01)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 16:48)tmaru Wrote: Excellent.. All my previous bugs seem resolved now including templates/view create-edit
Definitely usable at this point.. thanks so much.

That's good news. Sounds more like an installation issue than a KODI bug since templates also work now.
I keep this one in mind and will wait if someone gets similar problem before submitting something irrelevant.
Until then, I keep my changes active on git to ensure it keeps working.

Thanks for your time in testing.

Two more small bugs..

1)Sometimes, not all the time when exiting a video, it returns to the view but the selector is in an odd position (not still on the item played not even near it sometimes..)
2)Sometimes the selector gets lost when a dialog with allot of list items pops.. you cant see the selector, but can hear it.. with enough movement it eventually becomes visible.
(2015-11-06, 17:57)tmaru Wrote: Two more small bugs..

1)Sometimes, not all the time when exiting a video, it returns to the view but the selector is in an odd position (not still on the item played not even near it sometimes..)
2)Sometimes the selector gets lost when a dialog with allot of list items pops.. you cant see the selector, but can hear it.. with enough movement it eventually becomes visible.

Yes, I'm aware of those.

The first one is an issue I have to deal with and don't really know how to solve it. In fact the way KOver is coded breaks the cursor memory (because view is built real-time, KODI always think it's a new one). I tried a workaround to get the focus back but it's not that easy. I can still try to improve it a bit but it will sadly never be perfect with the KODI skinning engine feature I have at disposal at the moment.

For the second, I think you found that by browsing the addons for example. Not sure if it comes from KOver and admit I didn't spend much time on this but will. Seems it only happens in the browsing feature AFAIK.

(2015-11-06, 18:27)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 17:57)tmaru Wrote: Two more small bugs..

Yes, I'm aware of those.

The first one is an issue I have to deal with and don't really know how to solve it. In fact the way KOver is coded breaks the cursor memory (because view is built real-time, KODI always think it's a new one). I tried a workaround to get the focus back but it's not that easy. I can still try to improve it a bit but it will sadly never be perfect with the KODI skinning engine feature I have at disposal at the moment.

For the second, I think you found that by browsing the addons for example. Not sure if it comes from KOver and admit I didn't spend much time on this but will. Seems it only happens in the browsing feature AFAIK.
For number 1 perhaps just going to the first item for consistency..

For number two it is only happening in pop-up dialogs where there are too many items to list on-screen... Typically these come from addons.. Not happening on other skins as far as I can tell.
For number 2, I think I got it. Seems like the dialog shared the same ID as the previous list making focus confused. Fixed it on git. Should be fine now at least for addons. If you get it elsewhere, please tell since it's pretty long to check all containers.

For the first one, I will investigate. It worked like this first but was a request to return the focus. At first attempts it selected the correct item when "show parent folder button" was active and the next one when not activated. Have to see what changed.

Updated git for the focus to be correctly set when getting back to the Library window.
Seems that something changed in latest builds so it's a good thing. Works for me, can you please test and report ?

(2015-11-06, 19:38)Jayz2K Wrote: Updated git for the focus to be correctly set when getting back to the Library window.
Seems that something changed in latest builds so it's a good thing. Works for me, can you please test and report ?

Downloading it now..

Since i did a fresh install i seem to be missing fanart options for backgrounds, and also widgets are not displaying and the options are far fewer then they were..
is there dependent addon responsible for this i am missing perhaps?

I have skinshortcuts skin-helper and skin-widgets installed
Requises at least skin.helper 1.0.0 and skinshortcuts 0.6.5 to have them all

(2015-11-06, 19:38)Jayz2K Wrote: Updated git for the focus to be correctly set when getting back to the Library window.

Focus looks good so far..
double and triple checked my dependency versions and i am still unable to get widgets to display and am missing background options etc still..
also skinhelper is showing up under orphaned dependencies..

Not sure what ive done wrong.
Can I suggest you to download skin.helper and SkinShortcuts again from the links in the first post. Then, rename the 2 zip files by removing the "-master" part and install it again under addons in KODI. I've seen one time two entries in KODI addons folder (one with master, other without) and KODI takes priority to the wrong one.

(2015-11-07, 00:02)Jayz2K Wrote: Can I suggest you to download skin.helper and SkinShortcuts again from the links in the first post. Then, rename the 2 zip files by removing the "-master" part and install it again under addons in KODI. I've seen one time two entries in KODI addons folder (one with master, other without) and KODI takes priority to the wrong one.

I tried as you suggested.. both addons in question are installed with no duplicates and the proper version.
Symptoms: Added the Weather widget to the home layout, does not appear, Fanart Background options missing , Widget options missing (ie making a widget from an addon)

There are a few suspects in the log..

Code:
21:02:24 T:18446744073334864176    INFO: Loading skin includes from /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.KOver-master/16x9/includes.xml

21:02:25 T:18446744073334864176   ERROR: Skin includes must start with the <includes> tag

21:02:25 T:18446744073334864176   DEBUG: JSONRPC: JSON schema type definition references an unknown type Setting.Details.Setting
21:02:25 T:18446744073334864176 WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"
21:02:25 T:18446744073334864176    INFO: JSONRPC: Adding type "Setting.Details.SettingList" to list of incomplete definitions (waiting for "Setting.Details.Setting")
21:02:25 T:18446744073334864176    INFO: JSONRPC: Resolving incomplete types/methods referencing Setting.Details.Setting

21:02:26 T:18446744073334864176   DEBUG: POParser: loaded 106 strings from file /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/language/English/strings.po
21:02:27 T:18446744073334864176   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 47 times.
21:02:27 T:18446744073334864176 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1

21:02:27 T:18446744073151248688   ERROR: static bool XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory(const CURL&, CFileItemList&, const XFILE::CDirectory::CHints&, bool) - Error getting WeatherWidget
What you can do at this point is to go to the addon_datas and delete skin.helper and SkinShortcuts folder. Then restart KODI and see what's going on. If this doesn't fix it, I think you will have to get help in those script's thread. They will tell you what to do.

(2015-11-07, 11:13)Jayz2K Wrote: What you can do at this point is to go to the addon_datas and delete skin.helper and SkinShortcuts folder. Then restart KODI and see what's going on. If this doesn't fix it, I think you will have to get help in those script's thread. They will tell you what to do.

So what i did was clear the addon_data for the dependencies and the skin itself.. still exhibiting the same problems..
Since i have other skins that rely on skinshortcuts and skinhelper figured i would give them a go.. No problems..
So I resorted to an older download of KOver from 10/27. Keeping the other addons the way they were i installed it.
On the older version widgets are functioning correctly.. The only thing not functioning now is the FANART backdrops (Global fanart and the IMDB ones).

Starting to think im missing an addon dependency entirely.. is skin-helper responsible for this?
You have to consider SkinShortcuts and skin.helper has evolved a lot since last weeks and KOver now uses the latest features. Skin.helper has a lot of integrations in SkinShortcuts. The backgrounds and widgets are both provided by skin.helper. KOver only allows you to browse them. So you can ask Marcel in skin.helper thread for this.

EDIT : don't know if you are aware about or if this has something to do with it (depending when you downloaded it) but

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid2152789

@tmaru : OK, got 5 mins to install it on nexus player and same issue, skin.helper doesn't fill widgets and backgrounds. Will make some more test on windows platforms to ensure this is android relative and if it doesn't happen, will inform Marcel with debug log.

• 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18