• 30(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
(2015-11-07, 21:42)Jayz2K Wrote: @tmaru : OK, got 5 mins to install it on nexus player and same issue, skin.helper doesn't fill widgets and backgrounds. Will make some more test on windows platforms to ensure this is android relative and if it doesn't happen, will inform Marcel with debug log.
Yay its not just me.. I've been pullin my hair out. Weird part is it is working partially with that older version of kover from 10/27
(2015-11-07, 23:21)tmaru Wrote: Yay its not just me.. I've been pullin my hair out. Weird part is it is working partially with that older version of kover from 10/27

Reported :

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2154302
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
I'ts time to go BETA Cool
Next step is the autobuilder (WIP) ...

Congrats on the beta status ☺
(2015-11-09, 14:11)Jayz2K Wrote: I'ts time to go BETA Cool
Still really loving this skin.

Does that mean it's working now on Android?

If were moving along ive got a few more bugs to report.. figured id wait to see what the deal was on my platform, hoping maybe some of these might go away.
(2015-11-09, 15:37)tmaru Wrote:

Nope, sorry tmaru Sad . But this is definitely not coming from KOver and I have to look forward while this is fixed.
I still have some features to develop to reach a stable 1.0 and go to repo. I trust into Marcel's skills for the actual issue happening on android and when it will be solved in skin.helper or skinshortcuts (depending from where it comes), it will then work out of box in KOver (or at least with minor changes if something is going to change). However, I planned to test some variations of the overrides in skinshortcuts to see if something can pass through this but it's less convenient for me since I have to switch it to my TV each time while familly is front of it Confused

One more important thing is for a fresh install, you won't need to download skin.helper or skinshortcuts from git anymore. Actual repo versions of them meet the requirements for KOver to fully work so both will be installed automatically. I updated first post this way.

(2015-11-09, 15:58)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-11-09, 15:37)tmaru Wrote:

Nope, sorry tmaru Sad . But this is definitely not coming from KOver and I have to look forward while this is fixed.
I still have some features to develop to reach a stable 1.0 and go to repo. I trust into Marcel's skills for the actual issue happening on android and when it will be solved in skin.helper or skinshortcuts (depending from where it comes), it will then work out of box in KOver (or at least with minor changes if something is going to change). However, I planned to test some variations of the overrides in skinshortcuts to see if something can pass through this but it's less convenient for me since I have to switch it to my TV each time while familly is front of it Confused

One more important thing is for a fresh install, you won't need to download skin.helper or skinshortcuts from git anymore. Actual repo versions of them meet the requirements for KOver to fully work so both will be installed automatically. I updated first post this way.

So a few small bugs i have been experiencing beyond the other issue...

When selecting to configure a view from the view list submenu of video items, the entry point in to the Keditor changes from time to time... sometimes it bring me to the right spot to configure the new view for videos, but others it bring me to music views, or sometimes the home layout library view, very hit or miss.. this same behavior occurs when entering skin settings from the settings menu.

In the Skin settings, there is no "sane way" to get down to home menu without drilling down through the 9 or so views.

There are sometimes still in dialog windows with too many items to fit in the dialog, the selector gets lost. Part of this same issue is often the selector when it appear is on the second list item, and going up will not show the first, till you go down a few times, then going back up will get to the first one.

Returning from a playing video to the list view is allot better at returning to the same video, however every once in a while it is at the next on or previous one.. This does seem to change if we have show parent directory on or off..

Theres a few more i will post later..
(2015-11-09, 16:39)tmaru Wrote: So a few small bugs i have been experiencing beyond the other issue...

When selecting to configure a view from the view list submenu of video items, the entry point in to the Keditor changes from time to time... sometimes it bring me to the right spot to configure the new view for videos, but others it bring me to music views, or sometimes the home layout library view, very hit or miss.. this same behavior occurs when entering skin settings from the settings menu.

In the Skin settings, there is no "sane way" to get down to home menu without drilling down through the 9 or so views.

There are sometimes still in dialog windows with too many items to fit in the dialog, the selector gets lost. Part of this same issue is often the selector when it appear is on the second list item, and going up will not show the first, till you go down a few times, then going back up will get to the first one.

Returning from a playing video to the list view is allot better at returning to the same video, however every once in a while it is at the next on or previous one.. This does seem to change if we have show parent directory on or off..

Theres a few more i will post later..

Thanks, will check them all.
Regarding the lost selector in dialogs, can you please identify which one it is ? It will help me to locate the possible container sharing an existing ID.
For the returning focus that's what I told you a few posts ago. I haven't any solution for this ATM since the parent folder item is identified as '0' and first Library item is '1'. Hiding the "show parent folder" keeps the first Library item to be '1' and the problem is that setting the focus to '0' means the first item, not '0', so it can be '1'. Not sure it's clear but there's a difference between position and item number in the functions that write the value and the one which read it.

Point 1 should be fixed on git

(2015-11-09, 19:27)Jayz2K Wrote: Point 1 should be fixed on git

Heres the two other small things while i remember them..

The recently added addon options is working great and much appreciated (under settings/addons) but once you get in there and back out next time you go to addons in settings it is still in the options mode. It wont go back to regular addon settings till you select close. Backing out should be enough.. the close selector is redundant IMO.

Is there a way to add a setting to the home layout to make the home menu a fixed list?
For first point, noticed that 1 time. Will change the way it works tomorrow.

Regarding the Home menu, it could be something pretty easy to achieve in a 'standard' skin but in KOver, I have to set a new parameter in designer, handle it and rebuild all the default presets and startup to consider it. Is it really something needed, because, honestly right now I'm much into the autobuilder part.

(2015-11-09, 20:45)Jayz2K Wrote: For first point, noticed that 1 time. Will change the way it works tomorrow.

Regarding the Home menu, it could be something pretty easy to achieve in a 'standard' skin but in KOver, I have to set a new parameter in designer, handle it and rebuild all the default presets and startup to consider it. Is it really something needed, because, honestly right now I'm much into the autobuilder part.

Probably not NEEDED, but it would be a shame that so many other things are customizsable but the home menu not so much. Myself i dont really care that much but others in my household (and i suspect broader then that) prefer HOME menu items to be in the same place everytime and find it confusing if they are in a different configuration.
I already have some ideas for new features for Home so I keep this one for later. I have to focus right now to complete it as it is. I admit I'm bit bored right now adding stuffs without seeing the end (it's more than 1 year I'm on it Wink ... ). When I will reach the stable state, and (I hope) the repo, I will try to add more.

Hi

Im not ruling out user error on my part but I'm unable to change viewtypes. I've been using this skin since it was first available for download and havent encountered this issue before.

I followed the instructions and deleted previous installation before installing updated release.

I've installed latest releases of skin shortcuts, skinhelper and toolbox addons

I can see in the designer view there are a number of predefined viewtypes available for movies and tv but no matter which direction arrow I press I dont see an option to change views.

Is there a config setting to activate these viewtypes like some other skins? I thought they were all available by default.

Thanks in advance and love your work on this Jayz2k its truly innovative.
Helo just try the last beta, at first it is a bit fustrating with the view builder but now i get it ?
i think there is two bug, on the quit menu the setting label don t lead ton setting it does nothing... And the view don t work with advance launcher i get just title with black panel instead, i may recall the same bug few version before beta....
Well for now that is all i have seen, other than that it is a really great skin and i imagine a huge work so thanks a lot for that!!
La classe mec!!?
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18