• 31(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
(2015-11-10, 06:11)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Hi

Im not ruling out user error on my part but I'm unable to change viewtypes. I've been using this skin since it was first available for download and havent encountered this issue before.

I followed the instructions and deleted previous installation before installing updated release.

I've installed latest releases of skin shortcuts, skinhelper and toolbox addons

I can see in the designer view there are a number of predefined viewtypes available for movies and tv but no matter which direction arrow I press I dont see an option to change views.

Is there a config setting to activate these viewtypes like some other skins? I thought they were all available by default.

Thanks in advance and love your work on this Jayz2k its truly innovative.
You get to the submenu to change views by pressing right in the list view when vertical or going to the end of the list and right once more when horizontal. This is the default setting and is controlled by try he "go submenu" setting of bloc 1:list .. In case you changed it by accident. Also make sure bloc 5: submenu is not set as hidden in the view your using.
@Kokonutcreme :

If you see more than one viewtype per section available in Designer after installing KOver BETA (except for Home where there is 3), then I think you missed deleting :
C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.kover folder
Moreover, trying to import viewtypes or demos from previous release of KOver will fail because of many missing settings.
If those are the ones you created, as tmaru said, you have to set bloc 5 visibility to ONFOCUS or VISIBLE since it's the bloc containing the menu
Please not that toolbox is no more needed and you don't need anymore to download skin.helper or skinshortcuts from github with KOver yesterday's build.
If you delete all the folders and install KOver as new, it will auto-install them Wink

@bakito :

Yeah, not easy to switch the new designer when you used the previous one a lot. Also for me ... but now I think this is much better Wink
Will look into the bugs, for Advanced launcher, I made a huge cleanup in my variables ... maybe too much lol.

Thx all for the kind words and reporting Smile
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
you are very welcome !
Thanks Jay and Tmaru for your advice - like I said, I can't rule out user error on my part. Tongue
Some updates on git

@Kokonutcreme :

Glad to hear it's not a new bug Smile Most important is you get it working.

@bakito :

Seems that it's just not possible to launch a window from loginscreen so removed it.
Thanks for reporting. Regarding the Advanced launcher issue, I've not here the requested Library to test, will do that ASAP

@tmaru :

I tried to improve the option menu on addons, let me know if you're fine with it.
I'm trying a new attempt to fix widgets on android. I completely rewritten the overrides for groupings following marcel's titan skin.
Can you please install (by launching a search in settings > addons) Skin Widgets addon and ExtendedInfo Script and then update KOver.
Let me know Wink
For getting Home menu customization, I'm thinking about moving it out of the Designer, what do you think guys ?

(2015-11-10, 14:35)Jayz2K Wrote: Some updates on git

@Kokonutcreme :

Glad to hear it's not a new bug Smile Most important is you get it working.

@bakito :

Seems that it's just not possible to launch a window from loginscreen so removed it.
Thanks for reporting. Regarding the Advanced launcher issue, I've not here the requested Library to test, will do that ASAP

@tmaru :

I tried to improve the option menu on addons, let me know if you're fine with it.
I'm trying a new attempt to fix widgets on android. I completely rewritten the overrides for groupings following marcel's titan skin.
Can you please install (by launching a search in settings > addons) Skin Widgets addon and ExtendedInfo Script and then update KOver.
Let me know Wink
For getting Home menu customization, I'm thinking about moving it out of the Designer, what do you think guys ?

Ok tried a fresh install of the current GIT this morning.. Added extendedinfo and Skin Widgets.
A basic list of widgets is now available for selection. I tried two of them "favorites" and "trakt trending". While i could select them they still do not display.
Gonna run a log for ya in a bit when I get home.

Options for addons looks good.. Im thinking you can probably even get rid of the close button alltogether.. same goes for when your sitting in the settings screen. When ya hit back you should go back to home.. not the close button where you can then hit back or close..

EDIT----

Heres a selection of the log relating to the top250 widget...

Code:
08:41:12 T:18446744073142421808    INFO: CPythonInvoker(59, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/plugin.py): script successfully run
08:41:12 T:18446744073138125104   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract filestream details from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=80725
08:41:12 T:18446744073132697904   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract filestream details from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=289079
08:41:12 T:18446744073132697904   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract filestream details from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=288963
08:41:12 T:18446744073132697904   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract filestream details from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=300280
08:41:12 T:18446744073138125104   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract thumb from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=302686
08:41:12 T:18446744073138125104   ERROR: InputStream: Error opening, plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=302686
08:41:12 T:18446744073138125104   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract filestream details from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=286014
08:41:12 T:18446744073138125104   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract filestream details from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=269815
08:41:12 T:18446744073138125104   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract filestream details from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=295068
08:41:12 T:18446744073138125104   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract filestream details from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=71067
08:41:12 T:18446744073138125104   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract filestream details from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=190101
08:41:12 T:18446744073138125104   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract filestream details from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=274874
08:41:12 T:18446744073132697904   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract thumb from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=302547
08:41:12 T:18446744073132697904   ERROR: InputStream: Error opening, plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=302547
08:41:12 T:18446744073132697904   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract thumb from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=299972
08:41:12 T:18446744073132697904   ERROR: InputStream: Error opening, plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=299972
08:41:12 T:18446744073132697904   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract filestream details from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=295640
08:41:12 T:18446744073132697904   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract filestream details from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=261738
08:41:12 T:18446744073132697904   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract thumb from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=301716
08:41:12 T:18446744073132697904   ERROR: InputStream: Error opening, plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=301716
08:41:12 T:18446744073138125104   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract thumb from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=302896
08:41:12 T:18446744073138125104   ERROR: InputStream: Error opening, plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=302896
08:41:12 T:18446744073138125104   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract filestream details from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=276515
08:41:12 T:18446744073138125104   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract filestream details from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=268673
08:41:12 T:18446744073132697904   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract thumb from video file plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=302621
08:41:12 T:18446744073132697904   ERROR: InputStream: Error opening, plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=extendedtvinfo&&tvdb_id=302621
fan art and tile works ok with advance launcher, it is the posters that are missing, if that can help you...
cheers
(2015-11-10, 15:57)tmaru Wrote: Ok tried a fresh install of the current GIT this morning.. Added extendedinfo and Skin Widgets.
A basic list of widgets is now available for selection. I tried two of them "favorites" and "trakt trending". While i could select them they still do not display.

Options for addons looks good.. Im thinking you can probably even get rid of the close button alltogether.. same goes for when your sitting in the settings screen. When ya hit back you should go back to home.. not the close button where you can then hit back or close..

Damn, I had good hopes in the new widgets listing. I think, we have to wait now to hear from marcel about that. While I'm thinking about it, did you applied a viewtype also in skinshortcuts, I mean the default 'Libraries' one for example ?
For the options and settings, I removed the close button in addons and the onback function in settings. Now on git
For the log, this is out of my skills, most python issue I'm not familiar with. Maybe post it in marcel's thread ?

(2015-11-10, 16:10)bakito Wrote: fan art and tile works ok with advance launcher, it is the posters that are missing, if that can help you...
cheers

It can help ... since I can't test by myself ATM, I made a blind attempt on git.

(2015-11-10, 19:22)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-11-10, 15:57)tmaru Wrote: Ok tried a fresh install of the current GIT this morning.. Added extendedinfo and Skin Widgets.

Damn, I had good hopes in the new widgets listing. I think, we have to wait now to hear from marcel about that. While I'm thinking about it, did you applied a viewtype also in skinshortcuts, I mean the default 'Libraries' one for example ?
For the options and settings, I removed the close button in addons and the onback function in settings. Now on git
For the log, this is out of my skills, most python issue I'm not familiar with. Maybe post it in marcel's thread ?

(2015-11-10, 16:10)bakito Wrote: fan art and tile works ok with advance launcher, it is the posters that are missing, if that can help you...
cheers

It can help ... since I can't test by myself ATM, I made a blind attempt on git.

I applied the home view type to the new home menu entries i made that i assigned widgets to... was that a mistake?
(2015-11-10, 19:26)tmaru Wrote: I applied the home view type to the new home menu entries i made that i assigned widgets to... was that a mistake?

By default, you can select 3 viewtypes presets : Home, Libraries, TV. You can also modify them or create new one but the 'Home' named (the first one) by default only shows the submenu (it is intended for). The default 'Libraries' one is intended to show widgets.

(2015-11-10, 19:37)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-11-10, 19:26)tmaru Wrote: I applied the home view type to the new home menu entries i made that i assigned widgets to... was that a mistake?

By default, you can select 3 viewtypes presets : Home, Libraries, TV. You can also modify them or create new one but the 'Home' named (the first one) by default only shows the submenu (it is intended for). The default 'Libraries' one is intended to show widgets.

Well now we are getting somewhere LOL.. Widgets are now showing if i apply the library view... This is VERY un-intuitive as assigning a library view to weather just to show a widget seems odd..
Dont get me wrong, the flexibility is awesome.. just a not very straight forward.

New bug now that that i assigned Library view to one of my home shortcuts, the submenu links no longer work. Applying "Home view" the submenu links work fine.
Now if we could just make a widget from an addon...

As an aside what use case scenario did you have in mind for the "home" view not showing the widgets..

EDIT----
Wiped my data for skinshortcuts and kover and started fresh.. Now that i know what im doing the submenu links are working in the library view and widgets working as well.. Addon widgets working too.
Still not sure why just the one view named home doesnt show widgets even though you can only show widgets on the home screen.
VERY excited!
In the grand scheme.. will there be a way to edit the widget layout? (ie poster or list etc)
UN-INTUITIVE ... I agree ... But that was the only way to make Home flexible as it was requested and from my coder point of view to be as close as possible to the common KODI view change. This sadly is the cost for adding more features. I explain : Home hasn't native viewtype in KODI and widgets are 'options' provided by scripts. Those have to be considered since default means you start like if there's nothing set and just showing submenu. For example, if you don't load Skin.Widgets, Extended Infos or just a Weather plugin and I set a widget viewtype as default, it will return empty. You or users will then think something failed. If I set a widget viewtype as default and you delete it (except the first one)… widget will disappear and you or users will think something failed.

I considered many scenarios before doing that and choose to set an 'always showing something relevant' default.

That said, this is done for what you are finally talking about : in designer, section Home, views 1 to 9 are made to build / change the layout of any Home items / widgets. Take a look at the video a few posts ago where you will see how I build one Wink

(2015-11-10, 21:20)Jayz2K Wrote: UN-INTUITIVE ... I agree ... But that was the only way to make Home flexible as it was requested and from my coder point of view to be as close as possible to the common KODI view change. This sadly is the cost for adding more features. I explain : Home hasn't native viewtype in KODI and widgets are 'options' provided by scripts. Those have to be considered since default means you start like if there's nothing set and just showing submenu. For example, if you don't load Skin.Widgets, Extended Infos or just a Weather plugin and I set a widget viewtype as default, it will return empty. You or users will then think something failed. If I set a widget viewtype as default and you delete it (except the first one)… widget will disappear and you or users will think something failed.

I considered many scenarios before doing that and choose to set an 'always showing something relevant' default.

That said, this is done for what you are finally talking about : in designer, section Home, views 1 to 9 are made to build / change the layout of any Home items / widgets. Take a look at the video a few posts ago where you will see how I build one Wink

Totally get it now... Even more impressed.

Im mostly for the forums so i never get to see the pics or videos lol.
thank you for this upcoming masterpiece!

Question: If using ArtistSlideshow with visualisation, the visualisation fades away and only the slideshow-picture remains. How can I make the slideshow as transparent overlay, is it possible atm?
(2015-11-11, 21:43)blutstein Wrote: thank you for this upcoming masterpiece!

Question: If using ArtistSlideshow with visualisation, the visualisation fades away and only the slideshow-picture remains. How can I make the slideshow as transparent overlay, is it possible atm?

Thanks.
Not at the moment but while I'm working on a new setting window for the autobuilder, I can add this here.
To be honest, completely forgot about this plugin while busy rewriting Home but pretty easy to do, so if you can wait a few days, it should be there Wink

• 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18