• 33(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
(2015-11-12, 17:52)Saner Wrote: Yeah it's a pain in the arse that setting.

I like the idea of skins having their own unique settings folder and not cluttering guisettings, but I hope in 17 they can work out a decent way to save on the fly, without causing excessive load (I presume that's the reason why)

Maybe I'm wrong on what's reported, will wait tmaru's comment but if it is what I understand, there's still a workaround which consists applying a ReloadSkin() at Designer unload. But this can result in a quick window flash and have to check if this does'nt break some properties since this function also clears them.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-11-12, 17:16)tmaru Wrote: I've been noticing some bugs popping up related to the fact the settings arnt saving until a clean exit. For instance.. Rename a view.. Then copy to a template. The view name changes back to view1. Change the name and exit first.. Then it works as intended. I've taken to doing a clean exit after most changes but that can get annoying..

I guess it is happening whenever you pull stuff from saved settings when those settings have been changed and not saved yet...

Once again. Took 5mins to test. You mean you rename view2 (let's say 'My new view') for example and export it to Template, then view2's name switches back to 'View2' ? You mean exiting by exiting KODI ?

(2015-11-12, 19:10)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-11-12, 17:16)tmaru Wrote: I've been noticing some bugs popping up related to the fact the settings arnt saving until a clean exit. For instance.. Rename a view.. Then copy to a template. The view name changes back to view1. Change the name and exit first.. Then it works as intended. I've taken to doing a clean exit after most changes but that can get annoying..

I guess it is happening whenever you pull stuff from saved settings when those settings have been changed and not saved yet...

Once again. Took 5mins to test. You mean you rename view2 (let's say 'My new view') for example and export it to Template, then view2's name switches back to 'View2' ? You mean exiting by exiting KODI ?
Yes sorry driving currently but that is accurate..
(2015-11-12, 19:20)tmaru Wrote:
(2015-11-12, 19:10)Jayz2K Wrote:

Yes sorry driving currently but that is accurate..

LOL, np ... not that good writing while driving Wink
Well, this doesn't happen on Windows ... again this has something to do with the weird saving stuff on android. Will check if can apply someway a SkinReload() at renaming.
Not sure I will find motivation today to check that, I'm done with my day at work ... and I will have some free time this WE to test it on my Nexus player so I will be able to see by myself.

Git update :

Moved Designer as optional window (see skin settings)
Moved Color tool as optional window (see skin settings)

Rebuilt Skin settings.
Features :

- Enable / disable Art scrapper for PVR
- Enable / disable KOver Designer and / or Color tool
- Edit Home menu direclty from there
- Auto build feature (coded but not functional, still building the viewtypes, coming soon)
- Many more Import / export / backup options

Fixed the irrelevant position of progress in OSD
Added a ReloadSkin() after view renaming -> @tmaru, can you please test ? Smile
Other bugs found on the way and solved

EDIT : Found a bug in $VAR for Template read / write ... also fixed

(2015-11-13, 13:15)Jayz2K Wrote: Git update :

Moved Designer as optional window (see skin settings)
Moved Color tool as optional window (see skin settings)

Rebuilt Skin settings.
Features :

- Enable / disable Art scrapper for PVR
- Enable / disable KOver Designer and / or Color tool
- Edit Home menu direclty from there
- Auto build feature (coded but not functional, still building the viewtypes, coming soon)
- Many more Import / export / backup options

Fixed the irrelevant position of progress in OSD
Added a ReloadSkin() after view renaming -> @tmaru, can you please test ? Smile
Other bugs found on the way and solved

EDIT : Found a bug in $VAR for Template read / write ... also fixed

Installed it but had to run out for a bit.. before i forget though... when in a view and you select to configure a view from the submenu it now takes you to the new skin settings instead of the editor.. will thoroughly test when i get back.
(2015-11-13, 18:14)tmaru Wrote: Installed it but had to run out for a bit.. before i forget though... when in a view and you select to configure a view from the submenu it now takes you to the new skin settings instead of the editor.. will thoroughly test when i get back.

Hehe well spotted ... window ID changed and totally missed those calls, will fix straight away Wink

EDIT : And it's fixed Wink Thanks for reporting.

(2015-11-13, 18:18)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 18:14)tmaru Wrote: Installed it but had to run out for a bit.. before i forget though... when in a view and you select to configure a view from the submenu it now takes you to the new skin settings instead of the editor.. will thoroughly test when i get back.

Hehe well spotted ... window ID changed and totally missed those calls, will fix straight away Wink

EDIT : And it's fixed Wink Thanks for reporting.
OK well the rename deal is working now although immediately after the skin refresh it pushes me to the audio view editor.. In fact it seems the audio view editor likes to be the default entry point to the view editor...

Also the wide list for bloc 1 shows the show name and episode title when used in a "home view" but only episode title in a "video view"..
First, please forgive me. I have not been active in awhile as I have been busy on other projects.

I've been having problems with KOver lately. Whenever I attempt to use an add-on (Plex), I get an error from Kodi, 'main loop, exiting', followed by an Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error. This does not happen with any other skins. I installed the latest beta of KOver hoping this would fix the problem, and it did not.

Also, when I installed the new version of KOver, everything has changed. Before, when using kodi and selecting an option, I would see the name of the selection, an image, etc. Also, the screen is just blue, no image or anything. Has anything changed and I have to configure something else? If screenschots are required, I will submit those.
Do you start plex via shortcut?
i have the same error message and when i redone my shortcut it was okay... I think it come from shortcut addon or another skin helper add on....
I hope this help
Cheers
(2015-11-16, 03:19)tmaru Wrote: OK well the rename deal is working now although immediately after the skin refresh it pushes me to the audio view editor.. In fact it seems the audio view editor likes to be the default entry point to the view editor...

Also the wide list for bloc 1 shows the show name and episode title when used in a "home view" but only episode title in a "video view"..

For first point, yes. This is a consequence of the ReloadSkin() and that's why I don't like to use it (it closes dialogs, clears window properties and clears the window focus memory). So it goes to the defaults positions.
For second point, it's not a bug, I did that because Home widget shows episodes from different TV shows in the same container. So if you hide the info bloc, it tells you what is showing. In TV shows window, assuming you have to browse through TV show then season, I didn't see any reason to show it again.

(2015-11-16, 14:13)obsidiancomm Wrote: First, please forgive me. I have not been active in awhile as I have been busy on other projects.

I've been having problems with KOver lately. Whenever I attempt to use an add-on (Plex), I get an error from Kodi, 'main loop, exiting', followed by an Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error. This does not happen with any other skins. I installed the latest beta of KOver hoping this would fix the problem, and it did not.

Also, when I installed the new version of KOver, everything has changed. Before, when using kodi and selecting an option, I would see the name of the selection, an image, etc. Also, the screen is just blue, no image or anything. Has anything changed and I have to configure something else? If screenschots are required, I will submit those.

Yes many things changed and can explain your blue screen. Have you checked this ? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2147217
Regarding the Plex error, since I'm not a user of it, I think bakito's option is something you could take a look at Wink

Really getting into the swing of the designer creating viewtypes and now designing layout for home menu.

Jay can you update the video in your first post to the latest available on your Youtube channel, after watching it I was able to get a better understanding of the process.

Is there a skin configuration somewhere to disable watched/unwatched flags?
Jay

I always configure Kodi to show info when pressing play. The navigation on the info dialog isnt intuitive to press right to access the play button, my wife and kids are so conditioned to press play twice for playback that I changed the Kodi video setting to "choose" to make it easier for them.

After the bug hunt has completed for beta release would it be possible to review the navigation perhaps swapping the Menu and Play buttons so the default is playback instead?

I prefer the default selection of the video OSD to be pause when you activate it after beginning playback, not sure how others feel about resetting that - happy to edit the xml file myself if its not an option.
My favourite features of your skin is the designer, the idlefade setting for various elements and designing the video preview bloc so you can still see the view uninterrupted when you escape to library views, it looks wicked when you switch between vertical and horizontal viewtypes.

Will there be a change in the future to enable to scroll in reverse order inside lists? Eg when creating views there are 9 slots available but to navigate to the 9th you can only scroll forward not backward to access faster.
(2015-11-16, 22:26)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Jay

I always configure Kodi to show info when pressing play. The navigation on the info dialog isnt intuitive to press right to access the play button, my wife and kids are so conditioned to press play twice for playback that I changed the Kodi video setting to "choose" to make it easier for them.

After the bug hunt has completed for beta release would it be possible to review the navigation perhaps swapping the Menu and Play buttons so the default is playback instead?

I prefer the default selection of the video OSD to be pause when you activate it after beginning playback, not sure how others feel about resetting that - happy to edit the xml file myself if its not an option.
Sounds like more details to me ATM but I'm fine with this. Let me complete the autobuild feature and will give them a shot. Also, now I have more general settings in skin settings, I can add a button to toggle the watched flag.

EDIT : for scrolling the views list, it's doable. However, you will then only return to main list pressing left otherwise, I won't be able to make it wrap.

• 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18