• 35(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
(2015-11-19, 16:00)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-11-19, 14:56)tmaru Wrote: Testing latest GIT from last night.....

Lots of bugs when selecting to configure views from the submenu's.. keep ending up in the wrong list of views..
Addon/Program's seem to be using the video views and offer only those in the sumenu.

For first point, I will have to ask in the skinning section since it works the first time and not the others. The function is intended to set the correct position Inside container but fails most of the time. If I can't get a convenient way to set the focus to the right position, I will end to remove it.

For the second issue I'm not able to reproduce it and sounds quite impossible the way it is coded. Are you accessing a specific addon / program ? Maybe one with video content ? What about the views list when you're in programs / addons root ?

I used the default existing home menu add-on shortcut. Made a home view called addons and set that as the viewtype, added a shotcut to "video addons" to the submenu. The home view when on addons is correct. When i select "video addons" from the sub-menu, the list of video addons shows in the "default list" view type. Accessing the submenu there shows all the "video" viewtypes for selection.
(2015-11-19, 16:11)tmaru Wrote: I used the default existing home menu add-on shortcut. Made a home view called addons and set that as the viewtype, added a shotcut to "video addons" to the submenu. The home view when on addons is correct. When i select "video addons" from the sub-menu, the list of video addons shows in the "default list" view type. Accessing the submenu there shows all the "video" viewtypes for selection.

Tested it and that's right, Video addons shows the video viewtypes. However, there's not much I can do at skin level. The target of this is set by SkinShortcuts or KODI itself. I think this is visible in KOver since you have the control of each sections, in others, there's no difference in views calls excpet they can be hidden or not. Finally, showing the video viewtype is not weird if you consider browsing upper level returns the list for movies and tvshows.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-11-19, 17:15)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-11-19, 16:11)tmaru Wrote: I used the default existing home menu add-on shortcut. Made a home view called addons and set that as the viewtype, added a shotcut to "video addons" to the submenu. The home view when on addons is correct. When i select "video addons" from the sub-menu, the list of video addons shows in the "default list" view type. Accessing the submenu there shows all the "video" viewtypes for selection.

Tested it and that's right, Video addons shows the video viewtypes. However, there's not much I can do at skin level. The target of this is set by SkinShortcuts or KODI itself. I think this is visible in KOver since you have the control of each sections, in others, there's no difference in views calls excpet they can be hidden or not. Finally, showing the video viewtype is not weird if you consider browsing upper level returns the list for movies and tvshows.

So what views will the "addon views" effect? Or are they now deprecated.. in previous versions what i described yielded a list of video addons that were layed out as defined in the "addon views".
If you choose the shortcut in SkinShortcuts the same way but with selecting "Video addons" target under "Add-on" folder instead of "Video-library" folder then viewtype is the addon one

Version bump : 0.51.0

Added Auto Building viewtypes and colorschemes
Added IDLEFADE timer option
Added enhancement scripts manual installation (go to 'Enhancement' in skin settings)
Added option to toggle 'WATCHED' flags
Play/Pause button always set as default when opening the OSD
Skin settings tweaks
Bug fixes

@tmaru : have you still Extended infos widgets missing on android ? If not, can you let me know how you fixed it ?
And FYI, I removed the 'Configure' option from the libraries view selector (I know now why this happens and have no conveninent way to solve it ATM with the skinning engine features).

AFAIK from a fresh install I added extended-info and skin widgets. Then the big one was using any view type other then home... They are working fine.
(2015-11-20, 21:33)tmaru Wrote: AFAIK from a fresh install I added extended-info and skin widgets. Then the big one was using any view type other then home... They are working fine.
Was meaning for Home (when selecting default widgets folder it returned empty) ?

After you pushed an update and told me to install the above mentioned addons I did a fresh install and it worked... ( I actually just deleted addon data and not a real fresh start)
(2015-11-20, 22:25)tmaru Wrote: After you pushed an update and told me to install the above mentioned addons I did a fresh install and it worked... ( I actually just deleted soon data and not a real fresh start)
Damn, I have to investigate further. I have only 3 items for background and none of the widgets from skin.widgets and extended.infos. I only get the common ones from library.data. This Nexus Player is driving me crazy and I have nothing suspect in log.

(2015-11-20, 22:29)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-11-20, 22:25)tmaru Wrote: After you pushed an update and told me to install the above mentioned addons I did a fresh install and it worked... ( I actually just deleted soon data and not a real fresh start)
Damn, I have to investigate further. I have only 3 items for background and none of the widgets from skin.widgets and extended.infos. I only get the common ones from library.data. This Nexus Player is driving me crazy and I have nothing suspect in log.

I only get 3 for the background as well.. i had none before i installed extended-info.. should there be more?
I get allot of widgets and assume all..
hey Jay,

the skin grows up and I can't switch to my old one - its too amazing! Smile

a few aesthetical thoughts:

- ArtistSlideshow and the visualisation didnt work together - you see the visualisation quickly fading away after each picture switch from the slideshow
- Block3 Art: In case of music-files, there is nothing displayed here - would love to see the embedded mp3 cover instead of a fanart - maybe make the content of the window configurable in the designer?

see here, this marked thumb:

but displayed is:
- Block4 Homeart: no way to adjust the font and the background-color marked here:

- the background of the settings dialog is affected by the designers background options - if you set it to transparent your options are barely visible

- the possibility to add a second widget on homescreens would be amazing!

- now playing info in the OSD would be nice!

- Scrolling indicators on each block - if set to vertical then bottom and top arrows, if set horizontal right and left!

Looking forward what ideas you further want to implement!
@blustein

For the 2 first points, please be advised that visualisation may cause problems in bloc4. I recommend not showing it if you don't use the DIRECTX plugin one because every others don't resize and I can't handle it in the layout. This is not KOver mistake, it's just the way other visualisations are showing. For the bloc3, I prefer to keep it as fanart since it's what is is intended for. However, I'm more thinking of a new list type in bloc 1 that resises to fill the whole bloc. This way you could get what you want.

For coloring, I can add more options to customize what you want. Not a big deal.
Scroll indicators and now playing is something I have already in mind since a long time but were more additions I postponed after bug tracking.

I will try to add them all but please wait a little more, the time for me to finish full extended.infos script integration I'm working on Wink It's going to be finished soon ... (ANNOUNCEMENT ? :p ... )

I just recently came across your skin, and I must say, exceptional concept for a skin. Love the addition of the Designer, and 2/3 screen options. Will be looking forward to the future of this skin. Keep up the great work.
(2015-11-26, 19:45)Jayz2K Wrote: @blustein

For the 2 first points, please be advised that visualisation may cause problems in bloc4. I recommend not showing it if you don't use the DIRECTX plugin one because every others don't resize and I can't handle it in the layout. This is not KOver mistake, it's just the way other visualisations are showing. For the bloc3, I prefer to keep it as fanart since it's what is is intended for. However, I'm more thinking of a new list type in bloc 1 that resises to fill the whole bloc. This way you could get what you want.

I dont show the visualisation in block 4, its the fullscreen music playback - every other skin does it fine. Visualisation is running and the artists sliding in as semitransparent overlay. Only in KOver: new pic slides in - Visu is visible for 2 sec while fading out and theres only the image slide left. regarding bloc3: i have a huge musicdatabase and use kodi for listening, sorting and presenting. the way its handled now with bloc3, this bloc is completely useless for music-purposes at least for me.

(2015-11-26, 19:45)Jayz2K Wrote: For coloring, I can add more options to customize what you want. Not a big deal.
Scroll indicators and now playing is something I have already in mind since a long time but were more additions I postponed after bug tracking.

no problem, like i said, its mostly cosmetical (ive my family in mind - no one would scroll if there are no indicators that you CAN scroll... Wink ) more customization is always welcome!

(2015-11-26, 19:45)Jayz2K Wrote: I will try to add them all but please wait a little more, the time for me to finish full extended.infos script integration I'm working on Wink It's going to be finished soon ... (ANNOUNCEMENT ? :p ... )

yeah sure i wait! This skin is goin to be my lifetime kodi skin!
@minus0 : Thanx for the kind words Smile

@blustein : have you a skin in mind working the way you say ? I can check it then ...

• 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18