• 38(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
Git update :

Fixed wrong localized label for B3 Art type
Fixed cast not showing at episode level
Added possibility to customize arrows colors
Fixed Home submenu icons not matching users selection
Fixed missing pictures in some widgets

@fantasticn : do you still have problems with Color and Fullscreen viewtypes inport ?
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-11-26, 11:11)blutstein Wrote: - ArtistSlideshow and the visualisation didnt work together - you see the visualisation quickly fading away after each picture switch from the slideshow

I can't reproduce it. With new settings in Skin settings, you display the Artist Slideshow only or the visualisation over it ... ?

Thanks for the update Jayz2k. Nice that the icon selection is fixed.

FYI: Color picker is back to loading palette very quick.
(2015-12-02, 20:08)minus0 Wrote: Thanks for the update Jayz2k. Nice that the icon selection is fixed.

FYI: Color picker is back to loading palette very quick.
YW.
I thought about something for the palette. Maybe you're not aware of that but skin.helper "build" the palettes at first launch. In fact it creates tiny pictures files in a folder for each Color. Maybe the recent Update of Skin.Helper needed to reset those pictures which requires more time at first launch ? Or is it just by updating KOver ? (That would be weird since I didn't touch any part of the script call).

Question : Why not to push the vice to choose extra fanart in Bloc 3 ?

Update on git Wink

Now available Arts :

- Clearlogo
- Clearart
- Landscape
- Discart

Your on a roll Jayz2k. You keep making great additions to the skin.. More play time for all users.

As always, Thank you.
(2015-12-02, 12:48)Jayz2K Wrote: Git update :

Fixed wrong localized label for B3 Art type
Fixed cast not showing at episode level
Added possibility to customize arrows colors
Fixed Home submenu icons not matching users selection
Fixed missing pictures in some widgets

@fantasticn : do you still have problems with Color and Fullscreen viewtypes inport ?

Hi Jayz2k,

sorry, I could not find the time to test it and reply to your question yesterday. I meanwhile updated KOver to the latest version and suddenly color-set was restored to "default black" (before it was set to "default flat style"). However, I still cannot select any other of the color-sets provided with the skin - at least on the PC which I had previously imported the settings on to (on the other PC it is working fine). So before I was stuck with "default flat", now I am stuck with "default black". But as long I am just testing the skin (and not using it as my primary skin) I am fine with that.

Btw.: Switching forth and backwards with different skins has the menu and submenu entries staying unchanged but not the icons. When I set icons for Arctic Zephyr and switch to KOver all icons are gone there, Same happens the other way round. This is a little bit annoying when you currently use two skins (one for testing and the other for using). i assume this is more likely a matter of skin-helper-addon, right?

Regards,

FantasticN
@fantasticn

At this point, I suggest you to check you have these all 4 zips in the skin extras/colorschemes folder :

https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver/tre...lorSchemes

If so, first check you don't have an older git version of skin.helper. In the KODI addon folder, if you have script.skinhelper-master and script.skinshortcuts-master, delete them. If they don't have -master suffix, then you're fine and let them here. After that, check skin.helper changelog, it's now 1.0.20. If not ... update it. If this still doesn't help, I will then need a debug log.

For a debug log, please go to skin.helper options in addons/system/running in KODI, and activate the verbose thing. Then please share a debug log with KODI Log uploader.

Regarding the icons in menu, I will have to test how icons are handled in Zephyr. Didn't test the skin switching.

(2015-12-03, 19:19)minus0 Wrote: Your on a roll Jayz2k. You keep making great additions to the skin.. More play time for all users.

As always, Thank you.
Thanks, enjoy Wink

@Jayz2K

Would you entertain the idea to be able to combine on one screen the combinations of placing two different arts on same view.

Example: discart and or logo or clearart
(2015-12-04, 01:04)minus0 Wrote: @Jayz2K

Would you entertain the idea to be able to combine on one screen the combinations of placing two different arts on same view.

Example: discart and or logo or clearart

Not that I can't but I don't want to (at least ATM). I'm at some point where I have to balance the performances over the features.
The more settings I add, the more it will slow down the navigation. I noticed since a little earlier than the Home customisation changes that the designer and viewtypes requires 1-2s to load after a KODI start (seems to be fine going back to). I'm not in the KODI core but I suspect my variables files which reached the crazy size of 1.27Mo ! If you check the file Designer_Variables.xml in 16x9 folder, you can see that after line 40, each line is a setting handled by KOver ... so if removing the blank ones... more that 6K.

I don't say that I won't add more features but I have now to choose which one and Home menu text option is something mostly requested. I have something in mind for this in the future and appears to me as a priority.

Another reason is that I will reactivate soon the custom List Type option. As already announced since a long time, this allows some users with a minimum of coding skills to make their own list types (3 customs types will be available). This way it's possible to code a list type with a second art type for example and could probably fullfill your request (However, it will replace of course the actual ones and won't be able to get WIDELIST + Bloc 3 DISCART + clearlogo somewhere). At launch I could provide you the copy/paste code to stick as close as possible to what you have in mind ?

(2015-12-03, 20:52)Jayz2K Wrote: @fantasticn

At this point, I suggest you to check you have these all 4 zips in the skin extras/colorschemes folder :

https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver/tre...lorSchemes

If so, first check you don't have an older git version of skin.helper. In the KODI addon folder, if you have script.skinhelper-master and script.skinshortcuts-master, delete them. If they don't have -master suffix, then you're fine and let them here. After that, check skin.helper changelog, it's now 1.0.20. If not ... update it. If this still doesn't help, I will then need a debug log.

For a debug log, please go to skin.helper options in addons/system/running in KODI, and activate the verbose thing. Then please share a debug log with KODI Log uploader.

Regarding the icons in menu, I will have to test how icons are handled in Zephyr. Didn't test the skin switching.

Hi Jayz2k, thanks for your reply. I will test today and report.

Btw.: I just realized that you have integrated logos, cleararts, CDarts etc. in your latest release. Wow, you are my hero!!!!! Thank you so much! It was these small things that kept me from already switching to KOver for it would have ment "losing" some of the nicer gadgets. But now there is no reason anymore to not use KOver permanently on my 5 Kodi-PCs :-)
@Jayz2K. Thanks for the explanation. I surely would not want performance sacrificed for some extra art.
Hi Jayz2k,

been playing around with your latest additions. But I am not quiet sure if logos, cleararts and CD-arts now are implemented the right way:

1. Logos: Having logos in the art bloc makes them much too big and prominent and means losing the option to have another fanart or thumb showing as well. I think there should be an option in the list field to have the logos showing instead of the headline (the names of the movies or tv shows), but fall back to a regulare headline if the respective movie has no logo. (Arctic Zeyphyr even has an algorithm for creating fake logos itself but I think it would be too hard to implement something like that as well). Also you could add the same option (to show logos instead of the headlines) in the info screen (meaning the dialog screen showing the infos for the respective movie).

2. Cleararts: Making them selectable in the art bloc is fine. However, they are usually meant to be showing on screen (when pressing pause or info during movie playback). This way their transparent background does make more sense. In the art bloc you could use thumbs or fanarts instead, which usually look nicer there.

3. CDarts: I think this something mostly suiteable in the info screen of the respective movie and/or when pressing info or pause during playback. For music it would be nice t have it on the playback screen.

But that is just suggestions, no critism!

As to my other PC (which has the problems in selcting the color sets): I checked and skin.helper is 1.0.20. Also the skin-folder is named "skin.KOver" and the color-sets are present in the subfolder "extras/ColorSchemes". So everything should be fine. But still nothing happens when I select any of the color-sets. However, I think I will first try to create a perfect layout of your skin on the one machine where it is currrently running fine. After I am done with that and everything looks nice (main menu, views, including the logos and cleart things) I will distribute the result to all my other PCs and thereby I will just wipe the current skin setup on the problematic machine.

Well, once again thank you very much for your hard work and especially for implementing those logos, cleararts and stuff. Please keep up the good work!
@fantasticn

Have you check for the -master suffix of skin.helper and skinshortcuts folder (ex. C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service-master) ? This is important since KOver now downloads those from the official repo and can create a second folder of them without this suffix. I already had issues with this and even if the changelog shows the last version, the older one (-master) is used. Again, a debug log could really help. I really don't think it has something to do with previous settings build since import doesn't care about previous settings, it just overrides it.

• 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18