• 39(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
(2015-12-04, 18:46)Jayz2K Wrote: @fantasticn

Have you check for the -master suffix of skin.helper and skinshortcuts folder (ex. C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service-master) ? This is important since KOver now downloads those from the official repo and can create a second folder of them without this suffix. I already had issues with this and even if the changelog shows the last version, the older one (-master) is used. Again, a debug log could really help. I really don't think it has something to do with previous settings build since import doesn't care about previous settings, it just overrides it.

Hi Jayz2k,

yes, I checked the addon folder but both the addons are just listed once and under their correct names. Here is the log-file: http://xbmclogs.com/p2ssit7vr

Regards,

FantasticN
@fanrasticn :

EDIT : found it. Will check.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
"Invalid path" but path is correct. I suspect a case sensitivity issue. What kind of OS makes this fail ? Mind to try to force rename the colorschemes folder and zip files fully lowercase and try again ?

That could be the problem. It is OpenElec and that is based on Linux - and Linux is case sensitive as to the file system.

Will try...

Edit: Yep, with all letters lowercase its working. So this is something you should maybe check for all files of the skin.
I already lowered all chars, that's maybe why. I also noticed updating git doesn't change the previous char case :/ ... Will delete folders on git and reupload them right.

Perfect! Another stupid bug solved :-) Thanks again!
Indeed.

Coming back to the first part of your ealier post :

(2015-12-04, 18:13)fantasticn Wrote: Hi Jayz2k,

1. Logos: I think there should be an option in the list field to have the logos showing instead of the headline (the names of the movies or tv shows), but fall back to a regulare headline if the respective movie has no logo.

Take a look a few posts before about custom lists (my reply to minus0). This will be easily doable with a simple custom code. Reactivating this feature is my next target.

Quote:2. Cleararts: Making them selectable in the art bloc is fine. However, they are usually meant to be showing on screen (when pressing pause or info during movie playback). This way their transparent background does make more sense. In the art bloc you could use thumbs or fanarts instead, which usually look nicer there.

This is where the Color tool IMO is interresting. Playing with viewtypes and transparency can make things closer to what you're looking for. For pause, see my next reply.

Quote:3. CDarts: I think this something mostly suiteable in the info screen of the respective movie and/or when pressing info or pause during playback. For music it would be nice t have it on the playback screen.

It's in my TO-DO list to work and improve the video/audio fullscreen window and OSD (also used while paused). This is something I already wanted to include.

(2015-12-04, 10:05)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-12-04, 01:04)minus0 Wrote: @Jayz2K

Would you entertain the idea to be able to combine on one screen the combinations of placing two different arts on same view.

Example: discart and or logo or clearart

Not that I can't but I don't want to (at least ATM). I'm at some point where I have to balance the performances over the features.
The more settings I add, the more it will slow down the navigation. I noticed since a little earlier than the Home customisation changes that the designer and viewtypes requires 1-2s to load after a KODI start (seems to be fine going back to). I'm not in the KODI core but I suspect my variables files which reached the crazy size of 1.27Mo ! If you check the file Designer_Variables.xml in 16x9 folder, you can see that after line 40, each line is a setting handled by KOver ... so if removing the blank ones... more that 6K.

I don't say that I won't add more features but I have now to choose which one and Home menu text option is something mostly requested. I have something in mind for this in the future and appears to me as a priority.

Another reason is that I will reactivate soon the custom List Type option. As already announced since a long time, this allows some users with a minimum of coding skills to make their own list types (3 customs types will be available). This way it's possible to code a list type with a second art type for example and could probably fullfill your request (However, it will replace of course the actual ones and won't be able to get WIDELIST + Bloc 3 DISCART + clearlogo somewhere). At launch I could provide you the copy/paste code to stick as close as possible to what you have in mind ?

Comming back to the art bloc topic: I think graphics like covers, fanarts, logos, cleararts, cdarts etc. do all serve different purposes. That is the reason why they all vary significantly as to their size, their format and their opacity. And that is also the reason why we should not make use of them as if they were just alternatives to each other. Therefore it would be wrong to just have one or even two universal art fields where you can only select anyone of them to being displayed. Maybe it could make sense as to the covers, the fanarts or the thumbs, but definitly not regarding the logos, the cleararts, and the cdarts.

So, as I just mentioned before, the logos should be an optional substitute for the headlines (titles) of the movies (infos bloc in movie section) or artists (info bloc in music section), whereas the clearts may be displayed when pressing info or pause on the video screen. And the cdarts are something special that maybe you can also add to info bloc of the movie or music album (maybe "popping" out of the covers or something), or to the video screen (when presssing pause or info there). This would lead to only having like three additional options in the "Enhancement"-section: Display logos, display cleararts, display cdarts. If those options are set these graphics will automatically be displayed in the aforementioned areas. I think we do not actually need a more detailed customization through the KOver Designer for them. And I think it also would be too hard to offer a larger kind of freedom for the user to create individual scenarios when and where to add those graphics.

But, again, that is just a suggestion. You may go with whatever idea you have for your skin and we will surely embrace it :-)

Regards,

FantasticN

Edit: Ah, just have seen you were comming back to this topic at the same time. So our postings seem to overlap :-)
@fantasticn

Not sure about what you mean by info bloc ? Sounds like more like the Dialog Panel (showing detailed item info) the way you explain it ? Otherwise, info bloc (Bloc2) can't be modified without having to change many things and settings in the designer's code.

Ah, sorry. You are absolutely right. I am mixing up the terms. I meant the Dialog Panel!

Edit: Well, as to the clearts I actually meant the info bloc.
(2015-12-04, 10:05)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-12-04, 01:04)minus0 Wrote: @Jayz2K

Would you entertain the idea to be able to combine on one screen the combinations of placing two different arts on same view.

Example: discart and or logo or clearart

Not that I can't but I don't want to (at least ATM). I'm at some point where I have to balance the performances over the features.
The more settings I add, the more it will slow down the navigation. I noticed since a little earlier than the Home customisation changes that the designer and viewtypes requires 1-2s to load after a KODI start (seems to be fine going back to).

I don't say that I won't add more features but I have now to choose which one and Home menu text option is something mostly requested.

Thanks for the explanation J I've also noticed a slight lag in reponses to navigation and not just after starting Kodi.

I'm experiencing a 1-2 second delay when entering home menu items, and slight delay when navigating the home menu itself - its less than a second but you notice the difference when switching skins. Navigation doesn't have the same speed of flow from the alpha release and the early preview videos.

I like the recent changes particularly with the art bloc so that I can display a larger sized poster, not really fussed about the other image types but they do look nice. One minor quibble - now that you can select poster as an art type, it doesn't fill the entire bloc and the tagline is wider than the poster.
(2015-12-06, 23:09)Kokonutcreme Wrote: One minor quibble - now that you can select poster as an art type, it doesn't fill the entire bloc and the tagline is wider than the poster.

Yes, poster is set to keep its aspectratio inside the bloc. Otherwise, it's always cropped and doesn't look really good. I'm thinking about to remove the tagline when content is not set as default, fanart or thumb.

(2015-12-06, 23:49)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-12-06, 23:09)Kokonutcreme Wrote: One minor quibble - now that you can select poster as an art type, it doesn't fill the entire bloc and the tagline is wider than the poster.

Yes, poster is set to keep its aspectratio inside the bloc. Otherwise, it's always cropped and doesn't look really good. I'm thinking about to remove the tagline when content is not set as default, fanart or thumb.

suggestion: make it color configurable - so if anybody doesnt want a tagline, set 00ffffff Smile
(2015-12-07, 00:48)blutstein Wrote: suggestion: make it color configurable - so if anybody doesnt want a tagline, set 00ffffff Smile

Yes thought about that too. The downside of this is that it will then hide Tagline in "ALL" viewtypes.

Version bump and BETA 2 0.60.0

- Reactivation of the custom lists in Bloc 1
- Bug Fixes

Custom lists are available for users with some coding skills. Wrong code will result in an empty / not showing list.
3 'CUSTOM' entries are now available in the designer Bloc 1 list type (CUSTOM1, CUSTOM2, CUSTOM3).
Selecting those without changes will result in a really simple list but code can be modified in KOver's 16x9 folder by changing those files :

CUSTOM1 entry : Designer_CustomList1.xml
CUSTOM2 entry : Designer_CustomList2.xml
CUSTOM3 entry : Designer_CustomList3.xml

Some informations about available variables, strings and the way you can manage the dynamic sizing are available directly Inside the files.
If you made something ... please share your files Wink

WARNING !!!

With the next updates, files will be overwritten. Always backup your custom files in a separate folder to paste them back

(2015-12-07, 00:48)blutstein Wrote: suggestion: make it color configurable - so if anybody doesnt want a tagline, set 00ffffff Smile

Done

• 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18