• 40(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
@Jayz2K

2 things:

1. For the CustomLists, if I want to change fonts, I have to include new font name in CustomList, Font.xml, and Font directory? Also, does the font have to support unicode?

2. Is there a way to replace the icons on the home layout with text? I didn't know if the space allocated for the icon was a fixed size in width!

Thanks
(2015-12-09, 16:09)minus0 Wrote: @Jayz2K

2 things:

1. For the CustomLists, if I want to change fonts, I have to include new font name in CustomList, Font.xml, and Font directory? Also, does the font have to support unicode?

2. Is there a way to replace the icons on the home layout with text? I didn't know if the space allocated for the icon was a fixed size in width!

Thanks

For point number one, I suggest you to place your font in the skin's font folder and edit the Font.xml by copying / pasting the whole <fontset></fontset> , Changing the id="Default" with id="Myfont" or whatever name you want to give and change the <filename> with the font name you pasted in skin's font folder. This way, you will have your font selectable in Settings>appearance. Unicode is always better.

For point 2, do you mean icons for submenu ? I didn't made it attached to the custom lists since it's Bloc 5. Custom lists work for Bloc 1. Does it really need to be also attached to it ? Not a big change, just asking.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
@Jayz2K

Sorry for not being clearer. I am talking about main navigation icons in home bar.

Thanks for font explanation.
(2015-12-09, 18:13)minus0 Wrote: @Jayz2K

Sorry for not being clearer. I am talking about main navigation icons in home bar.

Thanks for font explanation.

NP. Actually, yes, main menu icons size is frozen to allow switching from horizontal to vertical layout. Using text in place by resizing width directly in the code will give weird results in vertical layout.
That's something I will work on soon as it has been requested many times.

OK Thanks
First post edited with documentation (In progress) ... Finally ! Nerd

>> README

using kover now as my main skin! a few areas need work but its nearly perfect:

a few bugs:

- The contextmenue of the pvr has wrong linkings. Channels links to timeline etc.

- Bloc1 Listing labels and label backgrounds are missing in colormanagement - at least the tiles.

- Visualisation works fine until u use milkdrop. spectrum and wave works - with vortex oder milkdrop 1/2 no artist slideshow.

I added a new font, new material icons and new section grafics... i will upload some shots shortly

One area needs work: the now playing. suggestion: Make the "info" permanent!

if we could make our own now playing screen in the designer..... 'holy chrismas!' Wink
@Jayz2K

Want to say thanks for the excellent documentation for the skin.
Again, thanks.
@blutstein

I just finished the documentation, so I will now investigate the bugs reported.
However regarding Bloc 1 labels and background, please note that Labels and Icons share the same color "List Selected text 1 icon". It maybe should be called "List Selected text 1 + icon".
Labels background are "List Selected items #SECTION". Icons have just an overlay.

Of course, you're more than welcome to share your work Smile

@minus0

YW Wink Hope that helps ...

(2015-12-11, 14:31)Jayz2K Wrote: @blutstein

I just finished the documentation, so I will now investigate the bugs reported.
However regarding Bloc 1 labels and background, please note that Labels and Icons share the same color "List Selected text 1 icon". It maybe should be called "List Selected text 1 + icon".
Labels background are "List Selected items #SECTION". Icons have just an overlay.

Of course, you're more than welcome to share your work Smile

@minus0

YW Wink Hope that helps ...

Hi jayz,
I didnt mean the labels, i talk about The taglines of blc1 tiles-mode....
@blutstein

I made some minor improvements on Atrist Slideshow combined with visualisation and mapped the unselected items colors to the FANART and TILES (Bloc 1 : List type)). I prefer not to add other color entries for those specifics to keep some consistency in the code.

Let me know.

Cheers.

hey jayz,

artist slideshow with visualisation is perfect now, thank you! but my tiles taglines are still black and white.

noticed some weird behaviour: if going back from the homemenue editing, the wrong window loads sometimes. You see the homescreen but on the left are the options like in the setting dialog....

another thing: is there a way to go mainmenu -> submenu -> widget and not main - widget - sub?
@blutstein

The "Taglines" you mean are now linked to Bloc 1 : Unslected Items and Bloc 1 : Unselected text 1 icon. Just checked again with the github version and it works fine for me ?
You mean for you, setting other colors for those still display white text on black background ?

For point 2, could you provide me a follow-up (from which window to which window) of the issue. This way I can reproduce it and check the properties set. Maybe there's some not inializing correctly in a special case.

For point 3, ATM, no. I can check if I find a convenient way to do that but I have some doubts :/ ... building viewtypes management in home was not an easy thing and I didn't think about this option.

1. You are right, was completly my fault. Reason: i setted up a list background and a transparent black over it. The Taglines of the tiles are covering the pic, the taglines from poster etc are covering the background beneath the posters. So the lines in the tiles appearing black.

2. If i run across this issue again, ill do that. Its not really reproducable.

3. Not that bad, can live with it Smile

4. New question: could you implement an 'image' option for the background? i think about things like vignette-effects or gradients. both could give enormous visual designoptions....
2. Yes I imagine it's not easy to get this to happen again. However, since I didn't see this happening, it's also complicated for me to find where to start searching for ... Confused

4. You mean a kind of layer and does it means the layer is user made ?

• 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18