• 45(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
(2016-01-08, 15:53)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: Jay is there a simpler way to put things together? Some of the designer option/template is sometimes a bit over whelming.

I love Kover, and think the concept is awesome. But just wondering as a download and go option, without tinkering in the designer option? Is there such an option? If yes, then I've missed it Smile

You mean this ?

https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver#import

I will try to make one when I have 5 mins Wink

But I can't make a package for installing the code for you since it's not settings. Pure code can't be written by KODI. But overriding a custom list file and importing the Template can do the trick in 2 steps Smile
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-01-08, 16:00)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 15:53)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: Jay is there a simpler way to put things together? Some of the designer option/template is sometimes a bit over whelming.

I love Kover, and think the concept is awesome. But just wondering as a download and go option, without tinkering in the designer option? Is there such an option? If yes, then I've missed it Smile

You mean this ?

But I can't make a package for installing the code for you since it's not settings. Pure code can't be written by KODI. But overriding a custom list file and importing the Template can do the trick in 2 steps Smile
Yeh something like that. I'm not very good at the designer option. So I just want to automatically either import another skin into KOver or have KOver automatically set things up for me.

I'm not lazy, but just don't have alot of time to sit and tinker with it Big Grin lol
(2016-01-08, 13:20)Jayz2K Wrote: @Shogun :

Can I suggest you to rename your skin like KOver-ShogunMOD or something (also in addon.xml). Otherwise, you're going to be overrided with next update Wink
Cheers.

Can't rename it...i will delete it and upload it again with a different name...

Edit:

Seems like i can't fork your repo and rename it at the same time...
(2016-01-08, 16:14)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 16:00)Jayz2K Wrote:

You mean this ?

Yeh something like that. I'm not very good at the designer option. So I just want to automatically either import another skin into KOver or have KOver automatically set things up for me.

I'm not lazy, but just don't have alot of time to sit and tinker with it Big Grin lol

I've uploaded files and added instructions in the corresponding post Smile

EDIT : Also, you have the autobuild feature (https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver#auto-build) that offers you 4 complete sets of views. This is done for who doesn't want to set everything.
Users are also able to share their complete sets with the Import / export function. Hope some will come Wink

(2016-01-08, 16:41)Shogun Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 13:20)Jayz2K Wrote: @Shogun :

Can I suggest you to rename your skin like KOver-ShogunMOD or something (also in addon.xml). Otherwise, you're going to be overrided with next update Wink
Cheers.

Can't rename it...i will delete it and upload it again with a different name...

Edit:

Seems like i can't fork your repo and rename it at the same time...

I think you don't need to reupload it for the Git name. it's mostly the addon.xml id and name.
This way it will be a standalone skin for KODI at install. Otherwise my next update will think it's the same and will just erase your mods ...
You will also have to rename the skin folder with the matching name.
Just wanted to warn you Smile

Done.

Edit:

And a small request...is it possible to add an option for the idlefade function to be disabled if the Busyindicator is visible?
I love the autohide/idlefade for the sidebar (and the blocs), but you can't see if the next page is loaded or not until you push a button (if you use small intervalls like 5 seconds)....
Jay out of interest sake, how heavy resource intensive is your Skin? My Android box only has a gig of ram, so that's another reason I don't want to add too much onto the skin etc
(2016-01-08, 16:58)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: Jay out of interest sake, how heavy resource intensive is your Skin? My Android box only has a gig of ram, so that's another reason I don't want to add too much onto the skin etc

Of course, the way KOver works requires more power than other skins. However, with my tests on my Nexus Player, worked fine. You can feel some delay at entering a section the first time after a KODI launch because KOver builds viewtypes real-time (I put my device to sleep so I rarely have to face to that). But after each section have been accessed one time, it's fine. You won't notice changes adding more viewtypes or importing templates since it's just settings changes already managed.

(2016-01-08, 17:05)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 16:58)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: Jay out of interest sake, how heavy resource intensive is your Skin? My Android box only has a gig of ram, so that's another reason I don't want to add too much onto the skin etc

Of course, the way KOver works requires more power than other skins. However, with my tests on my Nexus Player, worked fine. You can feel some delay at entering a section the first time after a KODI launch because KOver builds viewtypes real-time (I put my device to sleep so I rarely have to face to that). But after each section have been accessed one time, it's fine. You won't notice changes adding more viewtypes or importing templates since it's just settings changes already managed.
Okay thanks, yeh noticed a bit of a delay when accessing things. But will mess around and see how things go. Smile
(2016-01-08, 16:52)Shogun Wrote: Done.

Edit:

And a small request...is it possible to add an option for the idlefade function to be disabled if the Busyindicator is visible?
I love the autohide/idlefade for the sidebar (and the blocs), but you can't see if the next page is loaded or not until you push a button (if you use small intervalls like 5 seconds)....

Hmmm, that's something I missed Wink ... good point. I don't really use the IDLEFADE feature, it's more a requested dev and I thought the "loading" time was somehow freezing the window (at least no action is possible). Will try to catch this one, sounds not a big deal Smile

(2016-01-08, 13:03)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 21:07)Jayz2K Wrote: Thanks for the kind words ...

[quote='Moneybear' pid='2205260' dateline='1452011516']
Apologies if I have missed something

Nope, you didn't ... I DID ...

Was in my TO-DO list a long time ago but seems I missed it. Will add it in next Update Smile

I added on the github version. I cannot test for the moment but I have issues with upcoming recordings ...
Don't know if it's from the demo PVR or a KODI bug, recordings and timers icons work for everything current or previous, not next Huh
Willing to test ?

Thanks Smile I have quickly tested this, and the upcoming recording icons appear ok,

I will have a proper look over the weekend and let you know if there are any issues.
Kodi 16 Beta 5, Front Ends: Fire TV & Minix Neo Z64 Win10 Both with KOver Skin, Backend: Win10, Emby & DVBLink PVR With 6 DVB-T Freeview Tuners
Have to change back the id in "addon.xml" cause of serious issues with script.skinshortcuts (infinite loop of writing menus)....Sad
@Shogun - don't use a slash in your id - skinshortcuts writes files with your skins id as part of the name, and OS's will interpret that slash as a folder deliminator, meaning skinshortcuts can't write its files, meaning it thinks it needs to write the menu again. Hence the infinite loop. Just use a period instead Smile
(2016-01-08, 21:17)BobCratchett Wrote: @Shogun - don't use a slash in your id - skinshortcuts writes files with your skins id as part of the name, and OS's will interpret that slash as a folder deliminator, meaning skinshortcuts can't write its files, meaning it thinks it needs to write the menu again. Hence the infinite loop. Just use a period instead Smile
Hey Bob !
Thanks for support of the script Smile
Are you following all skins with SkinShortcuts integration ?

Not all of them by any stretch of the imagination, but KOver gets a double watch from me - it's still fairly new on the repo (and I do try to keep an eye on new skins as they're released into the wild), and the fact that I really like it Smile
Thanks Bob. That was the issue. Smile
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18