• 46(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
(2016-01-08, 21:35)BobCratchett Wrote: Not all of them by any stretch of the imagination, but KOver gets a double watch from me - it's still fairly new on the repo (and I do try to keep an eye on new skins as they're released into the wild), and the fact that I really like it Smile
Thx Wink

I will certainly need your help (again) for the alternative Home menu / skin or whatever it's going to be. Tried to play with multiple widgets but I'm stuck (trying weird things again ... :/ ...).
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
I look forward to seeing what you come up with this time, and if I can assist I certainly will Smile
(2016-01-08, 17:16)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 16:52)Shogun Wrote: Done.

Edit:

And a small request...is it possible to add an option for the idlefade function to be disabled if the Busyindicator is visible?
I love the autohide/idlefade for the sidebar (and the blocs), but you can't see if the next page is loaded or not until you push a button (if you use small intervalls like 5 seconds)....

Hmmm, that's something I missed Wink ... good point. I don't really use the IDLEFADE feature, it's more a requested dev and I thought the "loading" time was somehow freezing the window (at least no action is possible). Will try to catch this one, sounds not a big deal Smile

Tried your changes....IDLEFADE doesn't work at all in the menus (doesn't matter if i hide the sidebar or not)...reverted to my backup and it's working fine again (but took your edit to hide the sidebar Big Grin)
@Shogun : Damn, I messed up. Corrected on github.

It's been asked for more arts (at least twice) and icons / improvements in Bloc 2 (infos) ... (@fantasticn Wink ...). I stated that I didn't want to add another bloc because it's heavy to manage and could slow down KODI too much. It's still my decision but ... Big Grin

Bloc 1 allows the option to easily write your own code or add users one to fit KOver's layout ... this rule could also be right for other blocs. My proposal is to activate custom code for another (or more) blocs. You will loose the default bloc content if the option is activated in the designer but it can be replaced by anything you want (ex. replacing the video bloc by a custom code showing another art or extended infos with video aspect icon or whatever). Could this be a deal ?

(2016-01-08, 17:55)Moneybear Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 13:03)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 21:07)Jayz2K Wrote: Thanks for the kind words ...

[quote='Moneybear' pid='2205260' dateline='1452011516']
Apologies if I have missed something

Nope, you didn't ... I DID ...

Was in my TO-DO list a long time ago but seems I missed it. Will add it in next Update Smile

I added on the github version. I cannot test for the moment but I have issues with upcoming recordings ...
Don't know if it's from the demo PVR or a KODI bug, recordings and timers icons work for everything current or previous, not next Huh
Willing to test ?

Thanks Smile I have quickly tested this, and the upcoming recording icons appear ok,

I will have a proper look over the weekend and let you know if there are any issues.

Just to update, all seems ok so far, currently recording programmes have an icon, and future recordings have icons Smile

Programmes which have been recorded earlier in the day do not have an icon, but that does not matter to me.

Another minor issue I have spotted is that in the recordings view, each programme has the correct start time, but the end time of the programme is actually being shown as the current time, not the end time of the recording. (hopefully that makes sense)
Kodi 16 Beta 5, Front Ends: Fire TV & Minix Neo Z64 Win10 Both with KOver Skin, Backend: Win10, Emby & DVBLink PVR With 6 DVB-T Freeview Tuners
(2016-01-08, 23:13)Moneybear Wrote: Programmes which have been recorded earlier in the day do not have an icon, but that does not matter to me.

Another minor issue I have spotted is that in the recordings view, each programme has the correct start time, but the end time of the programme is actually being shown as the current time, not the end time of the recording. (hopefully that makes sense)

Yes, recorded items won't have icons. I can check for timer and currently recording, not recorded ones.

For second point, I'm not sure I can do something for that. I have 2 infos available that are StartTime and EndTime. I know that, when the value is missing, the fallback is the current time so I think KODI doesn't care about the EndTime for recordings. Is it only for current recordings or recorded files ? I may be a KODI bug but have to be sure.

(2016-01-08, 23:35)Jayz2K Wrote: For second point, I'm not sure I can do something for that. I have 2 infos available that are StartTime and EndTime. I know that, when the value is missing, the fallback is the current time so I think KODI doesn't care about the EndTime for recordings. Is it only for current recordings or recorded files ? I may be a KODI bug but have to be sure.

That explains things, it seems that there is no EndTime available.

Is there a recording date available?

Just thinking that instead of [StartTime] - [EndTime] it would be nice if possible, to see [RecordedDate] - [StartTime] as this would help work out which recording is which when viewing a folder of the same show.
Kodi 16 Beta 5, Front Ends: Fire TV & Minix Neo Z64 Win10 Both with KOver Skin, Backend: Win10, Emby & DVBLink PVR With 6 DVB-T Freeview Tuners
@Moneybear : there is 3 ListItem.StartDate - ListItem.EndDate - ListItem.Date (the last one shows date, starttime and endtime). I can try them but have to find a boolean condition that is able to check it's a recorded item.

EDIT : Added on github. You will have then the date and startTime showing for recorded items Wink

Registered just to post for this skin, I absolutely love everything about it. While I am inexperienced with a lot of this type of heavy modifiable stuff, I really look forward to figuring out the things I can do with this skin. I want to give major props to Jayz2K for making this beautiful skin.

I like the sidebar's auto hide feature, and the overall idle hide feature as well. But is there a way to remove or permanently hide the sidebar? I really like some of the views for the fanart, and the overall clean look of the whole skin. But it just feels like it really distracts from browsing my library.

Here's a pic just to make sure I'm actually talking about the side bar Tongue

http://imgur.com/CSZ62hL
(2016-01-09, 09:57)comcrap Wrote: But is there a way to remove or permanently hide the sidebar? I really like some of the views for the fanart, and the overall clean look of the whole skin. But it just feels like it really distracts from browsing my library.

Here's a pic just to make sure I'm actually talking about the side bar Tongue

http://imgur.com/CSZ62hL

Jay has updated latest GIT with option in Kover Designer to hide the sidebar for viewtypes that are using 3x3, like the screenshot you've posted.
Thanks! I had an older version .60 something from the official repository. Installed the newest one from github and got it hidden in a few minutes!
(2016-01-09, 00:03)Jayz2K Wrote: @Moneybear : there is 3 ListItem.StartDate - ListItem.EndDate - ListItem.Date (the last one shows date, starttime and endtime). I can try them but have to find a boolean condition that is able to check it's a recorded item.

EDIT : Added on github. You will have then the date and startTime showing for recorded items Wink

Thank you for the update Big Grin This works really well, and helps me see at a glance what date the episode was recorded, as well as the time.

I think I have spotted a minor cosmetic issue...

In the guide, when you select a programme, and then choose 'Add Timer' from the context menu, the pop up screen shown to set the recording options, has a title of 'Search Guide' and the buttons are Search and Cancel, everything works ok, it is just that I guess it should say Add Timer, and not search.
@Moneybear : Seems it's a built-in control. Will check if this one can be set with a different label.

(2016-01-08, 22:51)Jayz2K Wrote: It's been asked for more arts (at least twice) and icons / improvements in Bloc 2 (infos) ... (@fantasticn Wink ...). I stated that I didn't want to add another bloc because it's heavy to manage and could slow down KODI too much. It's still my decision but ... Big Grin

Bloc 1 allows the option to easily write your own code or add users one to fit KOver's layout ... this rule could also be right for other blocs. My proposal is to activate custom code for another (or more) blocs. You will loose the default bloc content if the option is activated in the designer but it can be replaced by anything you want (ex. replacing the video bloc by a custom code showing another art or extended infos with video aspect icon or whatever). Could this be a deal ?

Hmm, customizing the views via the designer is complicated enough for me. I will not try editing the scripts :-) I was hoping for kind of a button to select wether you want regular text for the headlines (movie titles) or logos. Also it would not affect cleararts since they would have to be displayed on the video screen (when pressing pause or info). But Shogun stated he would have implemented those graphics in his mod. Maybe I will give it a try then.

Still the small main menu keeps me from using the skin permanently on all my machines. My wife said it is to small for her and she cannot tell just from the icons in what section she is in.

Regards,

FantasticN
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18