• 50(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
@wex101

Thank you very much Smile
It's a real satisfaction having positive feedbacks about the Designer. It was a real concern to manage to provide something complete, upgradable and as easy to use as possible.

Regarding the "not following" background slideshow (for image path), it should be fixed on git Wink

-> Personal message : Thanks Bob for your advice, I didn't thought to use the SkinShortcuts Template to fix that Wink

Using the autobuild to override the background on each view is a really good idea. However, I'm not sure that I can write properties in SkinShortcuts outside of it's own window ... will check Smile

Cheers
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-01-15, 13:22)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 12:34)Moneybear Wrote: This is now working really well for us, the rest of the family find this skin the easiest to use, with the other skins there were always lots of questions, and problems getting stuck in option menus. Not so with KOver. Big Grin

Sent you a small Pledgie donation in recognition of all the time you have put into this, and the fact that this skin brings all the investment in hardware to life, its all useless without a good interface.

Many thanks Blush Really appreciated ... also for helping to improve / fix KOver.

Quote:Could the image in the bottom right corner be Listitem.icon, rather than the channel logo?

Erm ... Also changed it ... so it is. That's what I explained with the ListItem.Icon containing different images depending if they are available or not.
Seems that the xml is valid only for EPG and not sure you have picture available for Channels list (do you in confluence ? Or by opening the info dialog ?).
To detect if there is an available picture, I will make a quick mod allowing you to choose in Designer the Art Type so you can check them all.

(2016-01-15, 13:35)Jayz2K Wrote: I unlocked the Bloc3 type in the Designer. Can you edit the concerned view and try to apply Poster / Thumb / Fanart ? (the others won't return anything). If something found it will display otherwise, the Channel Icon is fallback.

Yes, Sorry I do remember you saying that ListItem.Icon contained different images, I was getting too excited about the images appearing in the guide Big Grin

The channels list in confluence just contains the channel icon, no other images. (Looks like it might be a Kodi thingSad)

I will have a look at the Designer changes this tomorrow, and see what if any difference it makes on the poster/thumb/fanart , and will let you know
Kodi 16 Beta 5, Front Ends: Fire TV & Minix Neo Z64 Win10 Both with KOver Skin, Backend: Win10, Emby & DVBLink PVR With 6 DVB-T Freeview Tuners
@Moneybear : it's already great you have thumb in guide. In most of the case, DVB users don't get any pictures. That's why I use skin.helper art grabber. Not 100% reliable but not that far . I can reactivate this option for channels list if you can't get other arts working Wink ... but you will get different pictures between channels and epg windows.

Very excited to try the theme, on a just-installed kodi-16.0-Jarvis_beta5.exe, am getting this: http://i.imgur.com/5UoA5C1.png Left to right changes colors of the squares but no text Sad

I hit enter until I got to settings (heh) then went to skin settings and auto build, tried a few options went back to main menu same thing, just in case to try. Thanks for any help!

edit: Here's some output from log, as I noticed a little lag when hitting enter on Videos or Music to go into their views:

Code:
00:15:46 T:4736  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
00:15:46 T:4736   ERROR: Unable to activate the previous window
00:16:18 T:4736 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture common/white.png
00:16:18 T:4736   ERROR: Couldn't load font name: FontBanner(dub.ttf), trying to substitute arial.ttf
00:16:53 T:7200  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Parameter string: ?action=backgrounds
00:16:54 T:1056   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video
00:16:54 T:1056   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\music
00:17:01 T:8140  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Parameter string: ?action=backgrounds
00:17:01 T:9136   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video
00:17:01 T:9136   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\music
00:17:33 T:4736 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-viewtype
00:17:33 T:4736 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
00:17:33 T:4736 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
00:17:33 T:4736 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-viewtype
00:17:33 T:4736 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
00:17:33 T:4736 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1

edit2: I tried Nebula and the menus are barely readable as well, something definitely up with my Kodi install as the main fonts are dark here too: http://i.imgur.com/VTqfqF8.png
For the lack of icons, this is a known bug with Skin Shortcuts. Quick fix, you can use the menu customiser to select an icon for each main menu item. If you're feeling brave, you can use the UX branch of the script which has a fix for the issue.

(If you're using the UX branch, you would need to switch back between skins that use Skin Shortcuts and edit the menu on each - just move an item and move it back again - when the menu saves it will then save any menu icons that come from that skin in a format where they will work across skins)
@colbert : For the missing icons, yes, as Bob said, it's a know issue from the script I use for menu. This is not just KOver related but could also happen with other skins.

The advices from Bob can be applied, also, if you want start fresh (what you might not want) you can also reset all shortcuts from the Home menu editor to build KOver's default one. Then you will get all with icons.

Regarding the lag, it's something I'm aware of. I maybe already explained it somewhere in this long thread but It's mostly because of the way KOver works.

While others skins use prebuilt viewtype, KOver build them at section opening with the user settings. But this should only happen once per section after a KODI start. Can you confirm ?

Thanks! I did set icons but also afterward did restore all on home menu, and looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/2sSqDE5.png This is correct after restore?

Also few questions since I started editing my own listviews:

1. I made this simple one for horizontal posters: http://i.imgur.com/ROP3I6l.png Is there any way to show the media flags? I mean: 1080/720p, audio (5.1/2.0/etc), numeric IMDB rating, etc. I really miss those I like to see them whenever I scroll to a movie, wondering if possible with this theme (I know I can hit Info and scroll to Details, but then have to scroll right on that so it's a lot deeper, looking for flags on main menu listview).

2. Any way to show the runtime/OSD for Now Playing when having it in either home screen or listviews? Example from my laptop Isengard theme Unity: http://i.imgur.com/ayAQuVS.png You can see from home screen media info and runtime. When on Kover any menu, can not see any OSD for Now Playing.

3. In Kover Designer, for List Type there is Custom 1/2/3, but all appear to be the same, is there somewhere one edits these?

4. There is no flag or way to see which movies have a resume point, any way to do that?

5. Checking through the widgets for home screen, I'm trying to get a Resumable Movies one like I had for Arctic Zephyr. I see ongoing TV shows and that's fine but for movies is it only In Progress Media (which will be TV+movies not movies only)?

Again thank you so very much for this theme, I've used many over the years and nothing has allowed me to finally make my own views and look as great, amazing work!!!
(2016-01-17, 23:40)colbert Wrote: Thanks! I did set icons but also afterward did restore all on home menu, and looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/2sSqDE5.png This is correct after restore?

Yes it is Wink ... You might also want your widgets to show, so you can select a different view per menu item using Home menu editor. There you can choose the default view with "Select view" > "Libraries" . You can also modify it or make a new one like any other viewtype in Designer. Just select it the same way after build by editing the home menu.

Quote:Also few questions since I started editing my own listviews:

1. I made this simple one for horizontal posters: http://i.imgur.com/ROP3I6l.png Is there any way to show the media flags? I mean: 1080/720p, audio (5.1/2.0/etc), numeric IMDB rating, etc. I really miss those I like to see them whenever I scroll to a movie, wondering if possible with this theme (I know I can hit Info and scroll to Details, but then have to scroll right on that so it's a lot deeper, looking for flags on main menu listview).

This has already been requested. Honestly, those sound totally accessories for me. But that's only my personal taste. Also the way KOver works makes things not that easy to include to match the thousands possible combinations. Not telling this won't happen but nothing is planned for now. I'm still in BETA and have some priorities on usability / fixes to go final. Wink

Quote:2. Any way to show the runtime/OSD for Now Playing when having it in either home screen or listviews? Example from my laptop Isengard theme Unity: http://i.imgur.com/ayAQuVS.png You can see from home screen media info and runtime. When on Kover any menu, can not see any OSD for Now Playing.

My answer could be the same as the previous one. However, having some more info when Home viewtype is fullscreen makes more sense. I already thought about adding something in Bloc 4 when it is set as "Playing video" content. It's also the only place I can use for that kind of informations.
About your screenshot of Unity, I don't really understand the need of having OSD in home ? IMO when you're in home, you're going to browse for launching something else, not having control on the actual video ? I'm opened to any suggestion but it's just that I don't get the need of that Smile

Quote:3. In Kover Designer, for List Type there is Custom 1/2/3, but all appear to be the same, is there somewhere one edits these?

Yes, those are somehow "Empty" at KOver install. Custom viewtypes are mostly for advanced users with some coding skills or for import of coded / shared users lists. More informations can be found there :

https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver#exp...stom-lists

And example here :

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252432 (check my bookmark view).

This could also be an alternative to your first question about media flags since you can then put any of them you might want Wink

Some news about upcoming update :

I going to rewrite the OSD to stick bottom with some more info on it about the playing video.
Also as a priority and new feature from skin.helper, I'm making a huge refactor of the designer process making the options much easier to select.

Thanks! Yes some of the extra info is just old habit from years of XBMC/Kodi, it's not really important just something you miss when you change Wink

I had edited my post but should have replied, so will just quote my last couple questions:

(2016-01-17, 23:40)colbert Wrote: 4. There is no flag or way to see which movies have a resume point, any way to do that?

5. Checking through the widgets for home screen, I'm trying to get a Resumable Movies one like I had for Arctic Zephyr. I see ongoing TV shows and that's fine but for movies is it only In Progress Media (which will be TV+movies not movies only)?

Also I am getting some lag on home menu just scrolling left to right, checking log I see this:
Code:
00:12:28 T:8216   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video
00:12:28 T:8216   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\music
00:12:30 T:376   ERROR: Control 3 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
00:12:33 T:376   ERROR: Control 3 in window 13002 has been asked to focus, but it can't
00:12:41 T:376   ERROR: Control 3 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
00:12:45 T:376   ERROR: Control 3 in window 13002 has been asked to focus, but it can't
00:12:46 T:376   ERROR: Control 3 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
00:12:51 T:1040  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/" matches rule for function "show_movies"
00:12:51 T:376   ERROR: Control 3 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
00:13:35 T:376   ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
00:13:35 T:376 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
00:13:35 T:928   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting WeatherWidget
00:13:36 T:3424  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Parameter string: ?action=nextepisodes&limit=25&reload=20160118045516
00:17:20 T:8328  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Parameter string: ?action=backgrounds
00:17:20 T:5832   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video
00:17:20 T:5832   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\music
00:17:28 T:376 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
00:17:28 T:4928   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting WeatherWidget
00:17:29 T:8340  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Parameter string: ?action=nextepisodes&limit=25&reload=20160118045516
00:17:42 T:8688  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Parameter string: ?action=backgrounds
00:17:42 T:9176   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video
00:17:42 T:9176   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\music
00:17:52 T:376 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
00:17:52 T:4928   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting WeatherWidget
00:17:53 T:468  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Parameter string: ?action=nextepisodes&limit=25&reload=20160118045516

I see a bunch of errors but not sure what to change, appreciate any help, cheers.
I noticed a strange graphical glitch that may not be fixable. In the home menu, I have widgets set up and the library view type set to show fanart. Each home menu category also has a background image set. When transitioning into, for example, the TV shows section of my home menu, I see a weird fadeout of a fanart image from the widget into my own background image. I'll post a screen when I'm able

@colbert : for point 4, it's doable. Will add a pause icon when ListItem.IsResumable.

For point 5, there nothing much I can do. This can happen depending the device you're using. KOver has an exclusive viewtype management in Home, meaning scrolling the menu is like switching viewtypes in libraries at each icon focus. I can try adding a <preloaditems> for caching the next viewtype but I personnaly never seen real improvements. What kind of plateform is running KODI ?

Regarding the log, all are addons issues. Will investigate if I can do something but my logs were clean and validated by KODI team before repo submit. Maybe recent addons Updates produced those. Can you please upload a complete log ?

@wex101 : I can maybe add a condition to not display the library viewtype when widget background is fading. Will check ... But how is it possible you get icons on top with sidebar bottom ? O.o

Haha so apparently I didn't have the latest git. It presents a different issue now where the widget fanart overrides my user background. I liked it before where the widget fanart would only appear when I would press up to start browsing the widget.

With my update the icons are on the bottom now Smile
(2016-01-18, 20:38)wex101 Wrote: Haha so apparently I didn't have the latest git. It presents a different issue now where the widget fanart overrides my user background. I liked it before where the widget fanart would only appear when I would press up to start browsing the widget.
Ah, this is a bug. I maybe messed up with the layers. Will fix that.

(2016-01-18, 07:22)colbert Wrote: 4. There is no flag or way to see which movies have a resume point, any way to do that?

Added on latest Git

(2016-01-18, 20:38)wex101 Wrote: Haha so apparently I didn't have the latest git. It presents a different issue now where the widget fanart overrides my user background. I liked it before where the widget fanart would only appear when I would press up to start browsing the widget.

Fixed on latest Git

Wink

Everything is working perfect now, thank you!
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18