• 51(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
(2016-01-15, 22:48)Moneybear Wrote: The channels list in confluence just contains the channel icon, no other images. (Looks like it might be a Kodi thingSad)

I will have a look at the Designer changes this tomorrow, and see what if any difference it makes on the poster/thumb/fanart , and will let you know

Hi Jay

Just to update you, the poster/thumb/fanart options didn't make any difference.

I am going to have a quick look at some other skins on my test PC, to see if they are all the same on the channels view, and will get back to you later in the week.

Thanks

Alan
Kodi 16 Beta 5, Front Ends: Fire TV & Minix Neo Z64 Win10 Both with KOver Skin, Backend: Win10, Emby & DVBLink PVR With 6 DVB-T Freeview Tuners
@Moneybear : That's what I thought. Since I also have a PVR addon active, I know that the guide can be customized with more infos than the aerial ones provided by default (directly in the back-end). But AFAIK, there not such a feature for channels list. While both are not connected, I don't think you will ever get a thumb in another skin. :/
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-01-18, 20:33)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-18, 07:22)colbert Wrote: 4. There is no flag or way to see which movies have a resume point, any way to do that?

Added on latest Git

Thank you!

I actually did a reinstall and checked my logs, it's not pulling those errors. I *think* it might have been because other day when I first installed the Jarvis beta, I installed the theme and then imported my advancedsettings.xml file to use my MySQL shared library, some add-on[s] may have been looking for my local library or something, causing the lag. Now they've been installed post-MySQL, so they know where to look-- just a hunch.

A question about the widget and viewtype on home menu, take this: http://i.imgur.com/KzSaDk0.png From the TV home menu button I hit UP, highlighting "Recent Episodes," then LEFT which seems like it's going to the home art bloc. I can then hit UP/DOWN and nothing happens, nothing is highlighted and there's no visual indication I'm scrolling or doing anything, but I *think* it's scrolling through "In progress media" (my widget). I hope that makes sense, it's as if the widget is there but can't be seen because of the viewtype? Just wondering.

Also, what is the difference between "Choose shortcut" and "Change action" when editing the home menu?

edit: Forgot, other day on my initial Kover setup I had a widget on TV Shows that showed currently resumable/playing episodes, and hitting ENTER on any brought up the submenu to resume, etc. as desired. Now I can't find this, I can see "In progress TV shows" widget but that displays the show itself: http://i.imgur.com/4bxdyNc.png ENTER on any show goes to its view in library (not a link to the episode itself as before). Thanks for any pointer!
@colbert :

For your viewtype, check 2 things. First ensure (if you're using the default viewtypes for Home) you selected "Libraries" viewtype in Home editor :

Skin settings > General > Edit Home menu ... > Tv Shows > Select Viewtype > Libraries

If this is what you already have set, Check In the Designer :

Home Section > Libraries viewtype > Bloc 5 : Submenu > Bloc 5 visibility > ONFOCUS

If Bloc 5 visibility is set to visible, it will always show over the Bloc 1 which is one containing your widget !

For the difference between "Choose shortcut" and "Change action" I think this is a question already asked in the skinshortcuts thread (addon).
AFAIK those are pretty similar, however, (not sure if this is still up to date) I understood that due to some code limitation / process or whatever, you can't choose you're own action without having set a "Choose shortcut" before. Change action also allows you to enter your own KODI command (last option in the popup list). But Bob can explain you that much better than me in the SkinShortcuts thread Wink

About the widgets, I noticed also some changes. Please note that KOver only connect them to addons. They are improved a lot those days so it can introduce changes for KOver's users too. What you're searching for should be now (by editing Home Menu) :

Select widget > Default widgets > Next Episodes ?

@all :

WARNING : Since today, I uploaded a new version of KOVER Designer (V2) using new (not yet on official repo) skin.helper's feature. Designer V2 is set by default and may not work properly if you haven't latest skin.helper's github version installed (manually). Waiting for this to be auto updated soon, please activate Designer Safe mode in Skin settings > General. This will launch the actual version instead. Thanks for your understanding.

Or I can explain here if you'd prefer...?

Change Shortcut (due to be relabelled in an upcoming version of the Skin Shortcuts script to 'Replace menu item' or similar) sets the action, the label and the icon of the menu item. Change Action just changes the action.

Edit:- No longer necessary to 'Choose Shortcut' first if you want a custom action, now you can go straight to 'Change Action' > 'Custom Shortcut'.
(2016-01-19, 23:05)BobCratchett Wrote: Or I can explain here if you'd prefer...?

Sure ! You're always welcome Wink

Thanks! I got those widgets working, it was indeed Next Episode. That makes sense about Change Shortcut vs. Action.

Is there any possibility to alter the List view to have text only? Not the small thumbnail besides. I have tried both Fixedlist and Widelist, both show image.
(2016-01-19, 23:23)colbert Wrote: Thanks! I got those widgets working, it was indeed Next Episode. That makes sense about Change Shortcut vs. Action.

Is there any possibility to alter the List view to have text only? Not the small thumbnail besides. I have tried both Fixedlist and Widelist, both show image.
Fixedlist and widelist are almost the same. Difference is wide list resizes to the bloc width while fixedlist has always 1 bloc width.

Removing picture is possible using custom list. I will upload one if you want so you will just have to override the custom file in KOver 16x9 folder and select it in the designer.

(2016-01-19, 23:30)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 23:23)colbert Wrote: Thanks! I got those widgets working, it was indeed Next Episode. That makes sense about Change Shortcut vs. Action.

Fixedlist and widelist are almost the same. Difference is wide list resizes to the bloc width while fixedlist has always 1 bloc width.

Removing picture is possible using custom list. I will upload one if you want so you will just have to override the custom file in KOver 16x9 folder and select it in the designer.

That would be great if you could, much appreciated! Smile
(2016-01-19, 23:52)colbert Wrote: That would be great if you could, much appreciated! Smile
NP, pretty easy to do since they are already coded. I just have to remove the thumbnail part and move the text. Will do that tomorrow and post it in the custom lists thread when available.

EDIT : Which one you want then ? Widelist or fixedlist ?

I am using mostly Fixedlist I think, so that would be useful, thanks so much Smile
(2016-01-19, 23:04)Jayz2K Wrote: @all :

WARNING : Since today, I uploaded a new version of KOVER Designer (V2) using new (not yet on official repo) skin.helper's feature. Designer V2 is set by default and may not work properly if you haven't latest skin.helper's github version installed (manually). Waiting for this to be auto updated soon, please activate Designer Safe mode in Skin settings > General. This will launch the actual version instead. Thanks for your understanding.

Only to understand what you mean. In the official repo, your skin has a version2 KOver designer using new features from skin.helper.script. But the skin.helper.script is only at latest version on github, but not in the off. repo? It could be a problem if i don´t work in safe-mode..is this allright? When will the script updated in the repo?
@Barney :

If you're using the KODI repo version of KOver, then you're safe. This is only for who downloaded KOver from my Github. Of course, I won't request a KODI repo push for things not working with plugins also on the official repo Wink

KOver Designer V2 BETA is functional and available on github.
I will still have some minor additions to work on.

You won't see visual changes because I'm fine with the design and it appears clear enough IMO for the users.
Most of the job has been done in the process from a code side and I tried to optimize the amount of clicks.

Explaination :

Moving / sizing blocs : The 4 options (Move x, Move y, Size x, Size y) have been combined into a single Move & Resize icon. This will popup a dialog to resize / move the blocs using directions keys, pressing ENTER or SELECT switches between resize / move. BACKSPACE / RETURN goes back to option list.

Selection of settings with more than 2 options : Shows now a list popup for choosing immediately the wanted one.

Will probably sounds minor adjustments to you but the Designer is "my baby" and what makes KOver different Wink It makes it easier to use and faster to change the viewtypes.
Skin.Helper required features will hit the official repo during the week-end (Marcel told me). I will keep you informed. Until then, use the Designer safe mode (in skin settings) to run V1.

watch gallery

• 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18