• 52(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
(2016-01-20, 00:06)colbert Wrote: I am using mostly Fixedlist I think, so that would be useful, thanks so much Smile

I'm one day in late but was busy on the Designer Wink

Here you are :

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2221705

Cheers
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-01-21, 19:22)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 00:06)colbert Wrote: I am using mostly Fixedlist I think, so that would be useful, thanks so much Smile

I'm one day in late but was busy on the Designer Wink

Here you are :

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2221705

Cheers

Thanks a ton!!

I use 2 profiles on my laptop: One "Local" for laptop's files (podcasts, youtube, etc.) and one "Shared" (MySQL library for when I'm at home to use home server), and I noticed Kover is lightning fast on my local laptop profile, and has some lag when using the Shared one (similar to some lag I get on my desktop PC which uses the MySQL library). I will upgrade to Jarvis RC today and put some proper debug log if still laggy as my simple hunch is accessing library from MySQL lags the loading of sections (movies, TV, etc.).

Also curious any plan to allow editing of Info OSD during playback? Playing video hit "i" referring to. I am years used to having the time duration in the middle or on the right, keeps throwing me for a loop to see on the left.
@colbert : Honestly, I'm not that much experienced using shared content. This could come from multiple factors. I only shared the content of my main Install to my surface for quick code fixes and noticed it's a bit more laggy (it already is in local but because of the hardware). For sure, KOver + network + library size + hardware can give significant slowdowns. Once again, with KOver, KODI needs to handle between 3000 to 4000 custom values in order to build the views ... what somehow pushes some limits. I'm not sure I can do that much to speed things up ... I already tried many variations of the customization process but always failed. Some entries in the KODI code are missing (like variables for positioning and sizing) so the process is a complex workaround that consumes much power than it should :/

First of all !

Very Elegant and professional looking skin..., I love how professional and polished everything looks and this is your first skin Huh? WOW

A question though, its possible to choose/select/add for the fanarts viewtypes "Landscape" arts ?
I am looking for something like the "Fanart right panel" but instead of the fanart.jpg use the landscape.jpg art.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
(2016-01-22, 20:41)reaven Wrote: First of all !

Very Elegant and professional looking skin..., I love how professional and polished everything looks and this is your first skin Huh? WOW

A question though, its possible to choose/select/add for the fanarts viewtypes "Landscape" arts ?
I am looking for something like the "Fanart right panel" but instead of the fanart.jpg use the landscape.jpg art.

Thanks for the kind words Smile

You mean for list type right ? Replacing fanart by landscape is easily doable ... with custom list as I did for colbert Wink Can do that during the WE when I have 5 mins. Otherwise, for bloc 3, it's already selectable when artwork downloader is installed Smile

(2016-01-22, 21:46)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 20:41)reaven Wrote: First of all !

Thanks for the kind words Smile

You mean for list type right ? Replacing fanart by landscape is easily doable ... with custom list as I did for colbert Wink Can do that during the WE when I have 5 mins. Otherwise, for bloc 3, it's already selectable when artwork downloader is installed Smile

ohhh , i was reading the skin README and I think the correct term would be if it is possible to add .landscape to the ListType and ArtType...,. I think !

and i think we are talking the same thing anyway, lol !!

its wall viewtype possible ?

and again great work man !
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
@Kokonutcreme : latest git version include option to force OSD to stick bottom in skin settings Wink

@reaven : checked the code again and I confirm ArtType in bloc 3 is already selectable in Designer as Landscape. Will do a variation of the FANART ListType in custom 3 showing landscape instead. For Wallpaper, I have to check. Sounds not a big deal as it works the same way as Bloc3 ArtType ... Will also check that.

I want to add that this skin is so great and maybe some people are discourage of using it and see all the potential because is very different in terms of configuration and setup from what people are used to. This can be a new type of base for skins, what can be easier than be able to almost create your viewtypes completely and modify it from within. I give thanks to Aeon creator, great great skin and ALL its incarnations/clones/forks/etc... for all this years but am looking forward to K0ver.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
(2016-01-22, 21:58)Jayz2K Wrote: @reaven : checked the code again and I confirm ArtType in bloc 3 is already selectable in Designer as Landscape. Will do a variation of the FANART ListType in custom 3 showing landscape instead. For Wallpaper, I have to check. Sounds not a big deal as it works the same way as Bloc3 ArtType ... Will also check that.

will do, let me get back to you .
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
No question after ditching MySQL shared library that it's faster, good thing I didn't use shared library much so wasn't important. I'm sure also it isn't Kover but Kodi itself.

Would it be possible to edit the video playback OSD? Or provide option[s] to alter? IMO it's too high taking too much screen real estate, would prefer thinner, leaner OSD and especially (because I'm used to it) the time playback in the middle. Or best would be added into the bottom bar? Please excuse my terrible MS Paint abilities but I made a quick edit of what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/o9weNOk.png

edit: Also, I have 4 home menu items, and I'm trying to set all to use the same folder for background (multi image), but any way to have all of them use the same and not refresh each time I scroll the home menu left/right?
@colbert : you requests are challenging KOver's own skinning engine lol ... Sadly I doubt I can deal with moving the progressbar. It's shared in many dialogs (so the need to rewrite them all) and breaks the vertical sidebar option :/ I can keep this in a corner if I have an idea but have doubts it's doable.

For the backgrounds, are you using latest github version ? Should be fixed as requested by wex.

(2016-01-22, 21:58)Jayz2K Wrote: @reaven : checked the code again and I confirm ArtType in bloc 3 is already selectable in Designer as Landscape. Will do a variation of the FANART ListType in custom 3 showing landscape instead. For Wallpaper, I have to check. Sounds not a big deal as it works the same way as Bloc3 ArtType ... Will also check that.

still seeng fanart Sad

let me see if i get this right cause am still struggling to get the hang of the designer..., I have to edit the Two Third Fanart Inline bloc3 and choose Landscape ? but wouldn't that just change the background and not the thumb in use ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
@reaven : Landscape is actually coded for Bloc3 (art). You're showing Bloc1 (list). The defaults you have right now don't allow to show Landscape in Bloc1. I have to publish a modded code for you to use as CUSTOM1 to 3. Didn't have time to do it yet. Let me come back to you when it's done ...

(2016-01-23, 17:42)Jayz2K Wrote: @reaven : Landscape is actually coded for Bloc3 (art). You're showing Bloc1 (list). The defaults you have right now don't allow to show Landscape in Bloc1. I have to publish a modded code for you to use as CUSTOM1 to 3. Didn't have time to do it yet. Let me come back to you when it's done ...

Thanks a lot !!!Big Grin

This skin really looks great on my 70"

* Its possible to take a default viewtye a copy it to an empty one so it can be edited without affecting the original one ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18