• 53(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
Custom lists are somehow made for that Wink
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Uploaded my AlbumWall view into your custom lists thread...
Updated my repo to be in sync...i don't have much time, i try to work more on the music section next month....

Thank you for your efforts Jayz2K! Smile
(2016-01-23, 20:15)Shogun Wrote: Uploaded my AlbumWall view into your custom lists thread...
Updated my repo to be in sync...i don't have much time, i try to work more on the music section next month....

Thank you for your efforts Jayz2K! Smile

Really good job Wink
I like this view, fits well for music section ! Thanks for sharing.

(2016-01-23, 18:20)reaven Wrote:
(2016-01-23, 17:42)Jayz2K Wrote: @reaven : Landscape is actually coded for Bloc3 (art). You're showing Bloc1 (list). The defaults you have right now don't allow to show Landscape in Bloc1. I have to publish a modded code for you to use as CUSTOM1 to 3. Didn't have time to do it yet. Let me come back to you when it's done ...

Thanks a lot !!!Big Grin

This skin really looks great on my 70"

* Its possible to take a default viewtye a copy it to an empty one so it can be edited without affecting the original one ?

Here you are Wink

Check here :

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2223718

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

EDIT : just realized I maybe were wrong on your question about viewtypes. You mean changing the viewtype like in other skins (view50, view51, etc. ) ? In KOver there's only one, also it's not really a viewtype, it's a whole window used to build itself with the user settings. Everything is made dynamically by KOver. So you can't edit your own aside. It's only possible to change the core one but It uses a large amount of parameters then.

(2016-01-23, 15:28)Jayz2K Wrote: @colbert : you requests are challenging KOver's own skinning engine lol ... Sadly I doubt I can deal with moving the progressbar. It's shared in many dialogs (so the need to rewrite them all) and breaks the vertical sidebar option :/ I can keep this in a corner if I have an idea but have doubts it's doable.

For the backgrounds, are you using latest github version ? Should be fixed as requested by wex.

Yeah sorry lol I'm just so impressed by the skin I can get carried away Cool The progress bar is not a big deal in any way, it's just a remnant from past familiarity with Kodi. I am using 0.70.0 with Jarvis RC 1, basically just letting Kodi auto update, not going externally myself to github. The background isn't important either just a small thing I noticed, skin is brilliant nuff said Smile Smile

edit: Just noticed the resumable flag is visible with the text-only list view that you provided the Custom view for on my request, but the flag is not visible in other views (so far I can see it is visible in Fanart Minimal). Example: Visible: http://i.imgur.com/F6RfcrW.png and not visible: http://i.imgur.com/Os4hlGv.png
(2016-01-23, 20:37)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-23, 18:20)reaven Wrote:
(2016-01-23, 17:42)Jayz2K Wrote: @reaven : Landscape is actually coded for Bloc3 (art). You're showing Bloc1 (list). The defaults you have right now don't allow to show Landscape in Bloc1. I have to publish a modded code for you to use as CUSTOM1 to 3. Didn't have time to do it yet. Let me come back to you when it's done ...

Thanks a lot !!!Big Grin

This skin really looks great on my 70"

* Its possible to take a default viewtye a copy it to an empty one so it can be edited without affecting the original one ?

Here you are Wink

Check here :

EDIT : just realized I maybe were wrong on your question about viewtypes. You mean changing the viewtype like in other skins (view50, view51, etc. ) ? In KOver there's only one, also it's not really a viewtype, it's a whole window used to build itself with the user settings. Everything is made dynamically by KOver. So you can't edit your own aside. It's only possible to change the core one but It uses a large amount of parameters then.

And maybe am getting confused too since terms like Blocs and custom lists are new to me, I know viewtypes so thats what i call them. my question came from the "viewtypes" i want to use in my library and if I "edit" for example 'Two third fanart' it will affect whenever 'two third fanart is in use right ?

right know it doesnt matter cause it wont affect me if i repeat a viewtype, am using it as follows:
TVSHOWS root -> 'Two Third fanart inline" with landscape thumbs
TVSHOWS season level -> Two Third fanart inline" with seasonXX-landscape thumbs
TVSHOWS episode level -> 'fanart right panel' with one column
MOVIES root -> 'Two third poster'
MUSIC -> the SHOGUN one looks cool.

Quote:Here you are Wink

Check here :

let me test it and get back to you ..., million thanks and sorry for the confussion
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Quote:Here you are Wink

Check here :

Its working perfect .!!!Big Grin

I thought I could just add a condition to the code you made, so if the container have seasons instead of using the landscape.jpg, use the seasonX-landscape.jpg but i cant found any 'ListItem.Art' that pull the seasonX-landscape.jpg. maybe with season$INFO[ListItem.Season]-landscape.jpg dont know its been a loooooong time since i mod.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
@colbert : background and flags are already fixed on github Wink The list I provided you without thumbs is a modded version of the github FIXEDLIST, that's why you see the flag in it. If you use the KODI repo version, it will be automatically available with next Update Smile

@reaven :

I sometimes get lost too lol. So it's about the viewtypes in Designer. Then the answer is YES. I already thought about this and use it a lot myself. Nothing is more ennoying than having to rebuild a whole view to just change the ListType for example. Check "Working with templates" in the readme :

https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver/blo...-templates

In the designer Hilight the viewtype you want to copy (let's say Fanart Inline), click it or press enter, scroll up or down to choose template 1,2 or 3 and choose "copy view to template".

You have then a "background" copy of the view.

To recall it, proceed it the same way :

Choose an empty view, click or press enter on it, scroll up/down to the template number you made the copy and choose "copy template to view". You have now an exact copy you can alter without touching the original one (which may be linked to your library) Wink

... and you're right. Editing a viewtype in the designer will affect all views that are linked to it. In fact, except from the code side, it works like any other skin.

EDIT : Landscape should work the way you did. You might want to use variables instead. I noticed you're tagged skilled Skinner so since Custom_list3.xml is an include you know you can also add <variable> definitions in this same file and replace the $INFO[ListiItem.Art(Landscape)] by a $VAR Wink Just a suggestion Smile

(2016-01-24, 14:20)Jayz2K Wrote: @reaven :

I sometimes get lost too lol. So it's about the viewtypes in Designer. Then the answer is YES. I already thought about this and use it a lot myself. Nothing is more ennoying than having to rebuild a whole view to just change the ListType for example. Check "Working with templates" in the readme :

https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver/blo...-templates

In the designer Hilight the viewtype you want to copy (let's say Fanart Inline), click it or press enter, scroll up or down to choose template 1,2 or 3 and choose "copy view to template".

You have then a "background" copy of the view.

To recall it, proceed it the same way :

Choose an empty view, click or press enter on it, scroll up/down to the template number you made the copy and choose "copy template to view". You have now an exact copy you can alter without touching the original one (which may be linked to your library) Wink

... and you're right. Editing a viewtype in the designer will affect all views that are linked to it. In fact, except from the code side, it works like any other skin.

EDIT : Landscape should work the way you did. You might want to use variables instead. I noticed you're tagged skilled Skinner so since Custom_list3.xml is an include you know you can also add <variable> definitions in this same file and replace the $INFO[ListiItem.Art(Landscape)] by a $VAR Wink Just a suggestion Smile

I will try to play with the code today and let you know how it goes, thanks a lot !

BTW pretty good job on those xml, very clean and lots of comments.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
(2016-01-24, 14:08)Jayz2K Wrote: @colbert : background and flags are already fixed on github Wink The list I provided you without thumbs is a modded version of the github FIXEDLIST, that's why you see the flag in it. If you use the KODI repo version, it will be automatically available with next Update Smile

Oh my bad, that's great will just check it in the next update, thanks again so much!
Hi Jayz2K,

just wanted to report that I now have switched all my 5 Kodi-PC (meaning 3x NVidia Shield TV, 1x iMac running OpenElec and my main Windows-PC) to your skin. It took me the whole weekend to setup all views to my needs but it was worth it. Maybe using the custom views would have given me some more freedome but that would have requiered a lot more time then. So I am totally fine right now and the result is absolutely amazing! The Shield boxes are running the FTV color set whereas the iMac runs the light theme. You really had a good taste when picking the color sets and the letter style - both already makes half of the design. Since I was able to add all the android apps to the right categories I do not need the leanback launcher of the Shield TV box anymore - just running Kodi with your skin :-)

One question: You did not implement an option to have the wallpaper moving. However, when enetering settings the wallpaper suddenly starts moving. Is that a bug or a feature :-)

Regards,

FantasticN

PS: Another time thank you very much for providing us with such a nice piece of art.
Hi Jay

Quick question for you,

When looking at the recorded tv files, if I mark something as watched, there does not appear to be any kind of flag to show that?

Is there supposed to be a watched flag for recorded tv files, maybe I have a problem with my setup

Thanks

Alan
Kodi 16 Beta 5, Front Ends: Fire TV & Minix Neo Z64 Win10 Both with KOver Skin, Backend: Win10, Emby & DVBLink PVR With 6 DVB-T Freeview Tuners
(2016-01-25, 02:01)reaven Wrote: everything working perfect, I use the variable as you suggest and replace by $VAR.., one doubt though maybe is not related but most of the season landscape arts are not scaling doesnt matter if is in focus or not, even when I change it to stretch just to test.

I'm trying to reproduce it but I can't get Seasons landscape to show (tried $INFO[ListItem.Season,season,-landscape.jpg] but no luck).
Mind to share your variable so I can check ? I'm not that much familiar with Artwork.Downloader :/

(2016-01-25, 09:41)fantasticn Wrote: One question: You did not implement an option to have the wallpaper moving. However, when enetering settings the wallpaper suddenly starts moving. Is that a bug or a feature :-)

Thanks for the kind words Smile Glad you found your way in the settings.
Moving background > Easter egg ! ...
No seriously, forgot to remove the code in the background memory, fixed on git Wink . Thanks for reporting.

(2016-01-25, 10:22)Moneybear Wrote: Is there supposed to be a watched flag for recorded tv files, maybe I have a problem with my setup

It is yes. Had a condition problem, fixed on git Wink Thanks

(2016-01-25, 14:16)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-25, 10:22)Moneybear Wrote: Is there supposed to be a watched flag for recorded tv files, maybe I have a problem with my setup

It is yes. Had a condition problem, fixed on git Wink Thanks

Works great now, thanks Big Grin
Kodi 16 Beta 5, Front Ends: Fire TV & Minix Neo Z64 Win10 Both with KOver Skin, Backend: Win10, Emby & DVBLink PVR With 6 DVB-T Freeview Tuners
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18