• 59(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
Hi,
I dont know if it has been asked before,but is there any way to have a fixlist for the home menu items instead of scrolling over and over again?
I still can not add background Fanart with Block 1, Block 2 and Block 3 in a view. I do not understand why, when I copied your view list with background fanart, it disappears in my new view.
Also, I did not manage to deleted Wallpaper in a view. I added a fanart for a test, and I can not remove. (Toggle the color is only on color, I can not select Image)
I have a problem with the Channels View while on live tv (see the attached screenshot). You can see preview text covers the right part of the channels list. I tried to fix it myself but i think i cant edit this view within kover designer?

Current kodi jarvis version, and your last commit from github.

I do not understand anything anymore . I copied view Fanart minimal in template 1 and pasted on view 8 without anything changed. and they are not the same. how did you do for Fanart full-screen view in fanart.?

http://prntscr.com/a0nb81 your view
http://prntscr.com/a0nbed my view ...... Sad Sad Sad
(2016-02-08, 11:31)koufos Wrote: Hi,
I dont know if it has been asked before,but is there any way to have a fixlist for the home menu items instead of scrolling over and over again?

Not requested but honestly I don't really see the need of it. This needs too much changes in the code for such an alternative, sorry.

(2016-02-08, 18:52)blablub121 Wrote: I have a problem with the Channels View while on live tv (see the attached screenshot). You can see preview text covers the right part of the channels list. I tried to fix it myself but i think i cant edit this view within kover designer?

Current kodi jarvis version, and your last commit from github.

Thx for reporting. Now fixed on git.

(2016-02-08, 19:41)Reynald Wrote: I do not understand anything anymore . I copied view Fanart minimal in template 1 and pasted on view 8 without anything changed. and they are not the same. how did you do for Fanart full-screen view in fanart.?

http://prntscr.com/a0nb81 your view
http://prntscr.com/a0nbed my view ...... Sad Sad Sad

Yep, noticed something wrong when you shared your viewtype. Fixed it this afternoon and made some tests. There was a bug in the template feature. Can you please try again with latest git and report ?

Thx
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Yes , it s fixed now , ouf , I start to go crazy, I thought it was me that got the problem, and I was unable to understand your skin. Thank you very much .
(2016-02-08, 23:15)Reynald Wrote: Yes , it s fixed now , ouf , I start to go crazy, I thought it was me that got the problem, and I was unable to understand your skin. Thank you very much .

Yes, it's the downside using dev builds Undecided
Designer V2 introduces many new variables and a single one in more than 9000 lines can break many things.
I found some others by checking this, hope it's fine now.

(2016-02-08, 09:59)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 09:47)fantasticn Wrote: Ah, perfect. Just chcked it and everything seems to work fine. Thank you very much!

Now I am absolutely fine with my configuration. The only thing would be to think of a way to implement my beautiful cleararts, logos and CDarts for movies, tv-shows and music. Currently I can only set them alternatively as bloc 3 art. But this means losing any other graphics diplayed (e.g. image or fanart). Also as bloc 3 graphic those images are displayed rather big (e.g. logos). And I think cleararts is something for the OSD. I know I could play around with custom views, but that is something I have been trying to find a way around. It is much more complicated than handling the Designer :-)

Have you checked this for Bloc 4 Fallback arts ?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2235068

An option allows to set Bloc 4 to show Fallback only so works as Bloc 3 allowing to show a 2nd arts ...

It's already available in the latest build you downloaded.

Yes, I did, But that is actually not the way of handling the logos, cleararts, CDarts etc if you compare it to other skins. Those images are just some nice "gadgets" or "accessories", not primary graphics. E.g. cleararts should be displayed in OSD (when pressing pause or info key). Logos should substitute the title of the movie (movie section) or artist (music section) in the info bloc and/or the info dialoge of the movie/artist. CDarts should be displayed in the movie/album info dialoge as well and/or while playback of an album. Currently KOver only offers to display them as a separate bloc in the main view types, which is rather large (especially for logos). Also the background will not be transparent then (at least showing it over an Fanart wallpaper has the image not being transparent).

However, this is something I was addressing for quiet some time as you might recall, but it is not essential. I absolutely like the way KOver looks right now. To find a nicer way of integrating those additional graphics would just be the icing on the cake. :-)

Keep up the good work!
I'd like to add my opinion. While most skins use these additional graphic images in a conventional manner, I like the fact that KOver is not like other skins and that we have the option to include logos, clearart, disc art etc if we want to. Used well and judiciously, those graphic images can enhance the interface of a skin.

The strength of this skin is that it already has a lot of "wow" factor without using the additional art and being able to control what elements I want to include keeps the interface nice and clean and uncluttered.

What was a pleasant surprise to me when I installed RC3 and latest GIT commit was the improvements in navigation speed. As much as I wanted to use KOver as my primary skin, the delays in entering home menu items compared to other skins was enough for me to keep it for my own personal use and not the family.

Beauty of KODI and various skins available is that we all enjoy using them, but we all have different feelings and preferences.

I echo fantasticn's last comment Jay, keep up the good work.
Kover is really most impressive skin that I have seen in KODI, there is all the possibilities of the views that I create in my skin Cinemax, but all is tidy and orderly. I just regret that it lacks the ability to added an extra block.
it would be best to have a view can add (Fanar background (wallpaper) + Poster + Landscape + Infotext + Clearlogo (or art).
And even more impressive if we could have short info text with rightly and lasted.
Continue your work, it're the best skin for all years.
Hmmm ... like this ?

I have a new bug (maybe you have already aware of this). I created a new view for the Home (TvShow) and when I clicked Finish, the skin has been freezed. Then everything was reset and I lost all my personal setting.
Nope, never happened to me.
What you mean clicking finish ?
Also, full debug log could help.

Thx

http://xbmclogs.com/pcp3tldik

sorry, not Terminer , but Close( Fermer)
(2016-02-09, 14:58)Jayz2K Wrote: Hmmm ... like this ?

Yes like this . Smile How are you doing ?
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18