• 63(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
Small question:

I already read your instructions about the customlist.xmls...as far as i understand i can't use many $INFO or $VAR strings....
I tried to integrate Artworklogos into fanarts (using $VAR[Thumblandscape]) by using this command: "<texture>$INFO[Skin.String(artworklocation)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist,,/logo.png]</texture>".
It works for bloc 3 (Art), but not for bloc 1 (list). Redirecting to a regular texture (ex. common/test.png) works flawlessly, but not for my artwork command.
Any possibilites to avoid this problem?

Thank you in advance.
(2016-02-11, 22:06)Shogun Wrote: Small question:

I already read your instructions about the customlist.xmls...as far as i understand i can't use many $INFO or $VAR strings....
I tried to integrate Artworklogos into fanarts (using $VAR[Thumblandscape]) by using this command: "<texture>$INFO[Skin.String(artworklocation)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist,,/logo.png]</texture>".
It works for bloc 3 (Art), but not for bloc 1 (list). Redirecting to a regular texture (ex. common/test.png) works flawlessly, but not for my artwork command.
Any possibilites to avoid this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Did you try to use the texture directly in the itemlayout instead of placing it in VAR and see how it goes ? You can use any infolabels or vars you want in custom lists. Custom files being an include, you can place in it your own variable and / or copy paste ThumbLandscape VAR to mod it to your needs (allowing also to share this way your own vars embedded in the file).

However, regarding your code, I have some doubts about one point : it's already known window properties don't work inside lists and I think skin.strings too. Try to hardcode the plain path and see if it works ...
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
I'm using Jarvis RC3, not sure if updated in skin already this issue but some add-ons have the text garbled: https://anonmgur.com/up/e5eb22094efa8b2f...8acc94.png (This is upon finish of running Artwork Downloader.)
(2016-02-12, 00:58)colbert Wrote: I'm using Jarvis RC3, not sure if updated in skin already this issue but some add-ons have the text garbled: https://anonmgur.com/up/e5eb22094efa8b2f...8acc94.png (This is upon finish of running Artwork Downloader.)

have you updated with the latest Github? he corrected the problem.
Oh sorry, I'm just using the stable updates within Kodi, I'll get the github latest thanks Smile
he will make a deposit on the repo Kodi when a large and stable version will be released. Just be patient, work hard to give us the best skin. You can read previous posts to see all the new update done. And all the new improvements.

Thx Smile
hey jayz,

question about costumlists: how can i make a fixedlistcontainer within the item- and focuslayout? want to scroll the list, not the item.
and a second thing: it would be nice, if the bloc4-layer would be on top. now the list-layer (bloc1) are on top of the bloc4....

@reynald: welcome to the enthusiasts-group Smile
Thx, I just installed from github. Is there a way to have home menu vertical style like the Auto Build for PVR Vertical, but everything else same horizontal as fullscreen hybrid/classic? I tried Designer editing Home menu viewtypes but when I select on Orientation nothing happens, it goes into what feels like a menu but no arrows or anything show any activity, can only hit esc/back to get to designer again.

edit: I mean this https://anonmgur.com/up/a51366995489e5d9...315cc3.png Hitting enter on List Type and you see List Type on the left show up, arrow keys and enter do nothing, it's as if there should be a menu there but I can't select anything, only hit esc/back and back in Designer.
Search in this thread, Jay published a video showing how to change home menu to vertical orientation (I'm using it myself) there is a skin setting option to keep the video OSD fixed to a horizontal position.

EDIT: Never mind I found it https://plus.google.com/1023314611843415...yJPYiRoeJZ
@colbert :

Skin settings > General > Run Designer V1

V2 should be available in few hours with skin.helper script Update (pushed yesterday)

(2016-02-12, 08:04)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Search in this thread, Jay published a video showing how to change home menu to vertical orientation (I'm using it myself) there is a skin setting option to keep the video OSD fixed to a horizontal position.

EDIT: Never mind I found it https://plus.google.com/1023314611843415...yJPYiRoeJZ

definitely this need video tutorials ! Big Grin
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
(2016-02-12, 02:24)blutstein Wrote: hey jayz,

question about costumlists: how can i make a fixedlistcontainer within the item- and focuslayout? want to scroll the list, not the item.
and a second thing: it would be nice, if the bloc4-layer would be on top. now the list-layer (bloc1) are on top of the bloc4...

Fixed lists, you can't. I think I know what you're trying to achieve but the mechanic of KOver is built around panels (faking lists when it has 1 column or 1 row). Also, it's not possible to code panels with a <focusposition>.
Bloc 4 has always been Under Bloc 1. Not a huge deal to change (definitely) the layer position but I need a good reason to do so. What have you in mind ?

(2016-02-12, 09:06)reaven Wrote:
(2016-02-12, 08:04)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Search in this thread, Jay published a video showing how to change home menu to vertical orientation (I'm using it myself) there is a skin setting option to keep the video OSD fixed to a horizontal position.

definitely this need video tutorials ! Big Grin

Definitely needs to be stable before Wink
Also, if someone has some video building skills, it's very welcome Tongue
Some videos in the corresponding section (official page) :

https://plus.google.com/communities/1013...1707123426

INFO : Designer V2 Test Launch ! (KOver >= 0.80.0 Github only !)

Skin.Helper updated on git.
Please ensure it's been auto updated : Settings > Addons > System > Running > Skin Helper Service > Update 1.0.40

If not available : Settings > Addons > Options > Check for updates (wait unitl "Skin Helper Service Updated" pops up !!!)

Restart KODI !

Activate Designer V2 : Skin settings > General > Uncheck "Run Designer in safe mode (Designer V1)

Thx in advance for your feedbacks.
This announce repo push in the next days Smile (when bugs free)

Need to try it now! Thx Jay
Cool , looking forward to putting it through its paces. Will report back my experience
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18