• 64(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
(2016-02-11, 22:25)Jayz2K Wrote: Did you try to use the texture directly in the itemlayout instead of placing it in VAR and see how it goes ? You can use any infolabels or vars you want in custom lists. Custom files being an include, you can place in it your own variable and / or copy paste ThumbLandscape VAR to mod it to your needs (allowing also to share this way your own vars embedded in the file).

However, regarding your code, I have some doubts about one point : it's already known window properties don't work inside lists and I think skin.strings too. Try to hardcode the plain path and see if it works ...

Yes, it tried ex. "<texture>C:\Users\XXX\Music\Adele\logo.png</texture>" and it works, but not the specific command...have to try to find a way around...
(2016-02-12, 12:09)Shogun Wrote:
(2016-02-11, 22:25)Jayz2K Wrote: Did you try to use the texture directly in the itemlayout instead of placing it in VAR and see how it goes ? You can use any infolabels or vars you want in custom lists. Custom files being an include, you can place in it your own variable and / or copy paste ThumbLandscape VAR to mod it to your needs (allowing also to share this way your own vars embedded in the file).

However, regarding your code, I have some doubts about one point : it's already known window properties don't work inside lists and I think skin.strings too. Try to hardcode the plain path and see if it works ...

Yes, it tried ex. "<texture>C:\Users\XXX\Music\Adele\logo.png</texture>" and it works, but not the specific command...have to try to find a way around...

Since, I'm using skin.helper service, here you go Wink

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...de-a-panel
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Hey ho, me again.

Any news on a krypton version?

I know, I know I'm a pain in the arse
Hey Saner Wink Was a longtime ...

Yes, I'm thinking about it. I want to solve last bugs here, push to repo and enter feature freeze for Jarvis ASAP.
Then I will open a new thread for KOver 2 (I will bump KOver n° at new KODI releases).

Nice, cheers.

Smile
(2016-02-10, 04:59)Reynald Wrote: Your skin nourished my inspiration.

need to work image bloc background for best final render

(2016-02-10, 17:42)Reynald Wrote: New View :

you like this ?

Hmm so people are getting view effects like this by building bloc backgrounds in photoshop and loading them into the builder?
Yep
I made a tutorial to show the use background in KOVER. with the help of photoshop. I'll give it to Jay and he will post if he agrees.
(2016-02-12, 09:30)Jayz2K Wrote: Fixed lists, you can't. I think I know what you're trying to achieve but the mechanic of KOver is built around panels (faking lists when it has 1 column or 1 row). Also, it's not possible to code panels with a <focusposition>.
Bloc 4 has always been Under Bloc 1. Not a huge deal to change (definitely) the layer position but I need a good reason to do so. What have you in mind ?

i thought about an costum background with the img-background on the blocs-background and sort of an overlay (like a mask) with the bloc4 over all other blocs. Bloc4 offers the most picture-based possibilities.
btw reynald is the first one who realizes the possibilities of my request with individual background pics instead of only colors.

another 3 questions/requests:

- it is possible to add more custom lists?
- pics-background for the mainmenu-bar.
- it would be perfect if we could align some blocs content, for example infobloc or bloc3 alignment right, left, center. the centered poster if you choose a 2x1 bloc 3 poster artwork hindered me positioning the poster directly on the left or right.

cheers and thanx again for this masterpiece
(2016-02-12, 20:54)blutstein Wrote: - it is possible to add more custom lists

doable, how much ? Not too much please Wink

Quote:- pics-background for the mainmenu-bar

doable but for KOver 2. I'm going to stop additions for bugs tracking in this release.

Quote:- it would be perfect if we could align some blocs content, for example infobloc or bloc3 alignment right, left, center. the centered poster if you choose a 2x1 bloc 3 poster artwork hindered me positioning the poster directly on the left or right.

Not doable. Too much additions to keep skin speed fine.

Quote:cheers and thanx again for this masterpiece

YW Smile

@Reynald : feel free to post any videos you want in the dev thread (in a "not spamming" dosage Wink ). I'll be more regarding for a tutorial dedicated thread later Smile

Info : managed to speed up size / move designer feature. Much faster than my remote in fact.

Here is a little tutorial video I made to show you the ease and simplicity of Kover and using Photoshop to create an overlay effect on the background. I did this quickly, but it could be improved by making several tests and adjustments. You can do exactly the same for all blocks and types of views you want to create. If you need help creating an overlay and a new tutorial, feel free to ask me, I would do it with pleasure.

Thx Jay Smile

File psd matrix : https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4avr4vjbs14hg...d.rar?dl=0
(2016-02-12, 21:48)Jayz2K Wrote: doable, how much ? Not too much please Wink

the more - the better Smile how about 3 more?

Quote:doable but for KOver 2. I'm going to stop additions for bugs tracking in this release.

i'm perfectly fine with this *pins-the-memo-on-the-refrigerator*

Quote:Not doable. Too much additions to keep skin speed fine.

pity! maybe for the bloc3 only? Allignment of artworks would be a milestone Smile
(2016-02-12, 22:28)blutstein Wrote: pity! maybe for the bloc3 only? Allignment of artworks would be a milestone Smile

I will see if KRYPTON speeds things up. No promises.

(2016-02-12, 22:25)Reynald Wrote: Here is a little tutorial video I made to show you the ease and simplicity of Kover and using Photoshop

Thx Jay Smile

File psd matrix : https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4avr4vjbs14hg...d.rar?dl=0

Thx Reynald and thx Jay.

I've experienced no problems to date using KOver Designer 2 and I love it. It's a definite improvement on v1, especially with presenting the menu of options to select for different elements like list types, artwork etc instead of cycling through and the clear definitions of what the options mean for those who are unfamiliar with the skin. Noticed the speed improvement in using it to create views and now with Reynald's inspirational use of creating bloc backgrounds to achieve differing effects - the possibilities are endless.

I was also wondering about providing another couple of custom lists as now the 3 are already in use and I can't expand any more.

EDIT in case latecomers who havent been following this skins development closely aren't yet aware you can also use additional artwork as fallback items in bloc 4 as well as whatever art you select in bloc 3 eg combining landscape/poster together with logo on fanart background.

Or if you're like me and you prefer to not replicate the video title more than twice in a particular viewtype to keep it clean you can set bloc 1 to hidden and just use the info bloc as your list type.
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18