• 75(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
(2016-02-25, 21:30)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-02-25, 21:07)colbert Wrote: Is it possible to:

1. Hide the home menu entirely (icons I mean, like I have vertical home layout and would like to hide the home menu icons on the left: https://anonmgur.com/up/7c244da0af2dc32b...26b7b5.png)

2. Have the home menu layout be vertical but the video playback menu be horizontal? I can't get that to stick. Here is my preferred OSD so I can see all info without scrolling as needed when horizontal dialog: https://anonmgur.com/up/81f42b28f9f396b0...44466d.png But then my home menu is also horizontal.

@colbert :

1. From a code / option side : yes. From a security / ergonomy side : no. Hiding the menu is reliable only and really only when bloc 4 is visible with header text. Assuming bloc4 can be hidden, then you're lost. I will never allow stuffs for only a few configs if it can break many others. Sorry.

2. I think you mean sidebar horizontal and dialog panel vertical, right ? "Force OSD to bottom" makes both of them to stick to bottom. I had reasons to do that but I don't remember why (overriding my own rules is not that easy). Will check the code again to see if it's possible.

1. Understood, makes perfect sense!

2. Yes, that's what I mean, sorry. The Force OSD to bottom is good, but again I find the vertical OSD so much better and easier to read (details, plot, etc.), but I really prefer the menu to be horizontal as in vertical, you can't even see all the buttons and have to scroll up/down (horizontal they're all there).
(2016-02-26, 19:52)Reynald Wrote: And there may be some interesting things to do with it. If it is possible (with your agreement otherwise nothing is possible of course). Integrate lot of more configuration model. And that was my proposal. I like, no it's not the right word. I love more than anything Kover, as it allows to change skin without changing the skin. It helps to have a great fexibility in personnsalisation. And this even without using photoshop. if we just add some Png in basic code , and use to create even more views and rendering. I work every day to develop views and original Home menu . (When my health permits, I can not move much, and I tired quickly in front of screen. I can not doing coding, too tiring, but create a view, or set configuration in Kover yes, because he construction tool to do it, that does not make me sick and not overexert.) think about this idea to develop even more in the possibiliter Kodi user with Kover have all skins, all views in a single skin. And this in a single click. ! It would be awesome and amazing. I'm in your debt and if you want to respond favorably to my proposal, I would honor him to do this with you ..but if you wish not to change anything now, it's okay, I understand Smile
Cheers

I'm totally fine adding more autobuild packages. I didn't reply to your proposal first because I was at the office and have to warn you about requirements and restrictions.

You have to keep in mind that it has to be usable at first start so :

- better to not use addons stuffs (extrafanart, etc.)
- no custom lists can be used (skinning engine doesn't write files, addons neither, it's forbidden inside KODI)
- if you use extra pictures for blocs backgrounds, create a new folder in media with all your pictures and provide the designer a vfs path.
- Home menu has to be 'not included' and first start maps widgets to view 2 (view 3 for TV)
- navigation has to be at it's best

And finally, the most important : take care of you man ! No rush. I'm glad KOver gives you some fun those times but hey ... I don't want you to make it a target, right ? Wink

Cheers

PM me if needed.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
I have installed the ExtendedInfo script from the settings menu. I would like to have the episode air date listed next to each episode title/number in list view(for widgets or addons or w/e).

Could someone please direct me as to what the next step is? I am loving this skin so far!

Thanks a bunch yall!
Reworked the Progress Bar....

Added a now playing window (visible with idlefade (if set), else in menus or home)

(2016-02-26, 20:39)colbert Wrote: 2. Yes, that's what I mean, sorry. The Force OSD to bottom is good, but again I find the vertical OSD so much better and easier to read (details, plot, etc.), but I really prefer the menu to be horizontal as in vertical, you can't even see all the buttons and have to scroll up/down (horizontal they're all there).

No worries. I checked it quickly today and it seems I encountered problems with "PUSH" and "OVER" system for dialogs.
Or at least didn't spent time searching to bypass the rules because it hides / moves the OSD controls ... what makes it weird.
I have to get deeper into this ... no promises.

(2016-02-26, 22:32)Shogun Wrote: Reworked the Progress Bar....

I really like the idea ! But how are displayed the controls then ?

(2016-02-26, 21:30)pence Wrote: I have installed the ExtendedInfo script from the settings menu. I would like to have the episode air date listed next to each episode title/number in list view(for widgets or addons or w/e).

Could someone please direct me as to what the next step is? I am loving this skin so far!

Thanks a bunch yall!

Easily doable with a custom list. What list type you're using now for this ? FIXEDLIST ?

(2016-02-26, 22:46)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-02-26, 21:30)pence Wrote: I have installed the ExtendedInfo script from the settings menu. I would like to have the episode air date listed next to each episode title/number in list view(for widgets or addons or w/e).

Thanks a bunch yall!

Easily doable with a custom list. What list type you're using now for this ? FIXEDLIST ?

I believe I was just using home, and filelist or library or something. Not at home currently so hard to say.
How do you edit this into custom lists?
Thanks man!
(2016-02-26, 23:13)pence Wrote:

Thanks a bunch yall!

I believe I was just using home, and filelist or library or something. Not at home currently so hard to say.
Thanks man!
By coding it. But if it is only an info addition to an existing one, it's pretty straight forward. So I can provide you the file and you can map it in the designer and you're done.

Hey that would be great!
(2016-02-26, 22:44)Jayz2K Wrote: I really like the idea ! But how are displayed the controls then ?

Have to the change the font for the clock...Big Grin
(2016-02-26, 22:43)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-02-26, 20:39)colbert Wrote: 2. Yes, that's what I mean, sorry. The Force OSD to bottom is good, but again I find the vertical OSD so much better and easier to read (details, plot, etc.), but I really prefer the menu to be horizontal as in vertical, you can't even see all the buttons and have to scroll up/down (horizontal they're all there).

No worries. I checked it quickly today and it seems I encountered problems with "PUSH" and "OVER" system for dialogs.
Or at least didn't spent time searching to bypass the rules because it hides / moves the OSD controls ... what makes it weird.
I have to get deeper into this ... no promises.

Great! Anything is appreciated Nerd
(2016-02-26, 23:24)Shogun Wrote:
(2016-02-26, 22:44)Jayz2K Wrote: I really like the idea ! But how are displayed the controls then ?

Have to the change the font for the clock...Big Grin

Oh my gaaaahd that progress bar and osd rework is incredible, *mouth watering* LoveLove
(2016-02-26, 23:13)pence Wrote:

Thanks a bunch yall!

Thanks man!

Hey I just got home. It is fixedlist. I am in designer now. How to I add the air date?
(2016-02-26, 22:32)Shogun Wrote: Reworked the Progress Bar....

Added a now playing window (visible with idlefade (if set), else in menus or home)

You should start a new thread with the MOD !

I always liked to view the end time instead of the duration on the progress bar, because you already seeing the progress in the bar so it help to see the time at when the media is ending.

for example (starting and ending time..):
*this is very old, way back when i came up with the clearart idea.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Yeah that end time is really neat, I forgot about that since using Kover, would be great in this skin!
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18