• 76(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
@Shogun..., can you share the progress bar mod code ?

(2016-02-27, 03:51)colbert Wrote: Yeah that end time is really neat, I forgot about that since using Kover, would be great in this skin!

and so easy...DialogSeekBar.xml line 50-60

Code:
<control type="label">
                        <left>142</left>
                        <top>20</top>
                        <width>499</width>
                        <height>50</height>
                        <align>left</align>
                        <aligny>center</aligny>
                        <font>Font27</font>
                        <textcolor>$INFO[Skin.String(Color.B1Txt1NF)]</textcolor>
                        <label>$INFO[Player.Time] / $INFO[Player.Duration] ($INFO[Player.FinishTime])</label>
                    </control>

so many options...

clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
(2016-02-26, 23:24)Shogun Wrote:
(2016-02-26, 22:44)Jayz2K Wrote: I really like the idea ! But how are displayed the controls then ?

Have to the change the font for the clock...Big Grin
Hmm, yeah but just realized ... what about vertical OSD ? :/
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-02-27, 01:05)pence Wrote: Hey I just got home. It is fixedlist. I am in designer now. How to I add the air date?

I have to code it and upload the file first. Will get back to you when done.

(2016-02-27, 11:02)Jayz2K Wrote: Hmm, yeah but just realized ... what about vertical OSD ? :/

Lookin into it after the weekend...im working on the Fixed list too (more variety in information (subtitle), lower height)...
(2016-02-27, 11:02)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-02-26, 23:24)Shogun Wrote:
(2016-02-26, 22:44)Jayz2K Wrote: I really like the idea ! But how are displayed the controls then ?

Have to the change the font for the clock...Big Grin
Hmm, yeah but just realized ... what about vertical OSD ? :/

a conditional and adjust the progress bar animation accordingly if is either:
Code:
Skin.String(HOM.View1.BBSidebar,LEFT) | Skin.String(HOM.View1.BBSidebar,RIGHT)
or
Skin.String(HOM.View1.BBSidebar,TOP) | Skin.String(HOM.View1.BBSidebar,BOTTOM)

...I think Wink
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
@reaven : hmm yeah but then progress is vertical (I imagine from bottom to top) ... Isn't it weird ?

(2016-02-27, 18:05)Jayz2K Wrote: @reaven : hmm yeah but then progress is vertical (I imagine from bottom to top) ... Isn't it weird ?

lol, weird as hell but I mostly use top or bottom ! Big Grin

but seriously it can be an option you select to enable alternate progress bar on top/bottom and original one on left/right..., just thinking out loud

..at the end you can always leave it as a MOD, but the less MODs the better as in, it won't interfere with futures skin updates

....the same for the end time thing its an easy MOD, but with futures updates it would be overwritten unless it's in the official repo but again I don't know how much you want to sacrifice your initial/personal vision of the skin to please others and at the same time given the skin is for public consumption.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Quote:I'm totally fine adding more autobuild packages. I didn't reply to your proposal first because I was at the office and have to warn you about requirements and restrictions.

You have to keep in mind that it has to be usable at first start so :

- better to not use addons stuffs (extrafanart, etc.)
- no custom lists can be used (skinning engine doesn't write files, addons neither, it's forbidden inside KODI)
- if you use extra pictures for blocs backgrounds, create a new folder in media with all your pictures and provide the designer a vfs path.
- Home menu has to be 'not included' and first start maps widgets to view 2 (view 3 for TV)
- navigation has to be at it's best

And finally, the most important : take care of you man ! No rush. I'm glad KOver gives you some fun those times but hey ... I don't want you to make it a target, right ? Wink

Cheers

PM me if needed.

Thank you very much, I'm glad to hear that. I'll think to offer to you a pleasant working and tailored to your remarks. Thank you very much, I'll take care of me. I have a great fatigue for a few days, but I'll come back with my work.
(2016-02-27, 20:55)reaven Wrote:
(2016-02-27, 18:05)Jayz2K Wrote: @reaven : hmm yeah but then progress is vertical (I imagine from bottom to top) ... Isn't it weird ?

but seriously it can be an option you select to enable alternate progress bar on top/bottom and original one on left/right..., just thinking out loud

..at the end you can always leave it as a MOD, but the less MODs the better as in, it won't interfere with futures skin updates

....the same for the end time thing its an easy MOD, but with futures updates it would be overwritten unless it's in the official repo but again I don't know how much you want to sacrifice your initial/personal vision of the skin to please others and at the same time given the skin is for public consumption.
Yes, I'm done now with KOver for Jarvis. I won't add more features now and I'm taking time to *think* about where KOver is going.

First thing is KOver is more catching interrest to skilled skinners than common users what I didn't expect. It's finally too complicated IMO for someone that just want to use it out of the box.

Second thing is that, even if it allows almost unlimited possibilities, there's still many requests I can't do much about (because stuck with my own rules).

So what to do at this point ? I'm not that guy that give up and I already broke some standards with KOver ... so ... If KOver is made for skinners and if there not enough options, why not trying to transcode the whole skinning engine into a graphical UI ? If Marcel can bring me the constant stuff, let's give it a try. But in that case, I also will have to REALLY improve the import / autobuild stuff for community sharing.

(2016-02-27, 22:39)Jayz2K Wrote:

Yes, I'm done now with KOver for Jarvis. I won't add more features now and I'm taking time to *think* about where KOver is going.

First thing is KOver is more catching interest to skilled skinners than common users what I didn't expect. It's finally too complicated IMO for someone that just want to use it out of the box.

Second thing is that, even if it allows almost unlimited possibilities, there's still many requests I can't do much about (because stuck with my own rules).

So what to do at this point ? I'm not that guy that give up and I already broke some standards with KOver ... so ... If KOver is made for skinners and if there not enough options, why not trying to transcode the whole skinning engine into a graphical UI ? If Marcel can bring me the constant stuff, let's give it a try. But in that case, I also will have to REALLY improve the import / autobuild stuff for community sharing.

I also notice that, KOver is the favorite of modders, I love it, I haven't start moding because I am waiting for the final Jarvis official release.
I am telling you man, building a desktop app as in KOver Designer but for the desktop in Python(for cross platform), would be like the ultimate goal and using KOver skin as a the client, imagine the skin would be lighting fast because it just would have what you wanna use nothing more and you would have unlimited skinning options as it is an external app.., design and import into the skin ! hahahahaha it would be a dream !

I had been having this idea for a long time but although it sounds possible it also sounds time consuming as hell and too big of a project !!!
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
@reaven : in case of a desktop app, KOver is useless. Moreover, I'm not py coder at all, it already took me ages to learn the skinning engine (xml as well, since I'm also not coder at all). I made a strong base in KOver that could be a good start, worth to give it a try. But as I said It doesn't only depends on me because the actual skinning engine doesn't allow to do everything needed.

(2016-02-28, 11:30)Jayz2K Wrote: @reaven : in case of a desktop app, KOver is useless. Moreover, I'm not py coder at all, it already took me ages to learn the skinning engine (xml as well, since I'm also not coder at all). I made a strong base in KOver that could be a good start, worth to give it a try. But as I said It doesn't only depends on me because the actual skinning engine doesn't allow to do everything needed.

I can imagine..., but hey I was just thinking out loud what you create here was/is awesome believe me and I love it Nod
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
(2016-02-27, 12:39)Shogun Wrote:
(2016-02-27, 11:02)Jayz2K Wrote: Hmm, yeah but just realized ... what about vertical OSD ? :/

Lookin into it after the weekend...im working on the Fixed list too (more variety in information (subtitle), lower height)...

Duration has to be vertical, otherwise it looks really ugly...
About the finish time...it is hard to implement (not code wise), because it kinda breaks the intended clock design...
(2016-02-27, 04:51)reaven Wrote: @Shogun..., can you share the progress bar mod code ?

(2016-02-27, 03:51)colbert Wrote: Yeah that end time is really neat, I forgot about that since using Kover, would be great in this skin!

and so easy...DialogSeekBar.xml line 50-60

Code:
<control type="label">
                        <left>142</left>
                        <top>20</top>
                        <width>499</width>
                        <height>50</height>
                        <align>left</align>
                        <aligny>center</aligny>
                        <font>Font27</font>
                        <textcolor>$INFO[Skin.String(Color.B1Txt1NF)]</textcolor>
                        <label>$INFO[Player.Time] / $INFO[Player.Duration] ($INFO[Player.FinishTime])</label>
                    </control>

so many options...

Thanks a lot! I just edited mine, always loved that end time display, very handy.

edit: How to have it show when hitting "i" (info)? It shows when bringing up menu but not the Info dialog progress
(2016-02-27, 22:39)Jayz2K Wrote:

First thing is KOver is more catching interrest to skilled skinners than common users what I didn't expect. It's finally too complicated IMO for someone that just want to use it out of the box.

I would have to agree with you on Kover being complicated. I have just spent 2 hours trying different things and havent made any head way on trying to get the UI i am looking for.

Lets hope its just a matter of getting to understand how it works.
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18