• 79(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
(2016-03-01, 19:15)reaven Wrote:
(2016-03-01, 17:31)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-03-01, 15:50)reaven Wrote: @Jayz2K
I dont know if its a bug but is there a way to clear the selected image from any bloc ?

If you go to a bloc and choose image instead of color and then in IMAGE you choose the image but then you go back and choose color again, the image setting still display the image path, technically works but visually can be confusing because you can still see the old setting

Hmmm, yeah, I know that, not a bug. Didn't took much attention to this and was useful for me during test not to have to browse again the complete path (but not really important). Resetting the value is easy in Designer V2 so, if needed, I can add this ? Just would like to know the opinion from users so I won't break others needs.

I mean its not a problem as least for me as I know what am doing Big Grin

I just though of other users. Tongue .....,but really not important

It's not important to me too.
Hi, now that I have Jarvis, I'm playing with that incredible skin. Found three problems :
1. When I press the mute button, the top notification never disappear, and is annoying to have a big rectangle always on the screen.
2. I've selected difetent widgets to use in the home menu, but they never appear, just the default menus work correctly.
3. When I select Edit home menu> films> default widgets, it takes more than one minute to load (the first time took more than 15 minutes)

Thanks!
(2016-03-01, 20:52)ferent Wrote: Hi, now that I have Jarvis, I'm playing with that incredible skin. Found three problems :
1. When I press the mute button, the top notification never disappear, and is annoying to have a big rectangle always on the screen.
2. I've selected difetent widgets to use in the home menu, but they never appear, just the default menus work correctly.
3. When I select Edit home menu> films> default widgets, it takes more than one minute to load (the first time took more than 15 minutes)

Thanks!

Thx.

1. This is a normal behavior of KODI, but makes sense to me to make it disappear after a certain amount of time. I can add a timer for that.

2. I think you missed to set a viewtype. KOver allows for the very first time to set viewtypes like in libraries but this has to be set within Home edition (SkinShortcuts). By default, all items are set to show submenu only (viewtype 1). Try editing Home and within the item you mapped a widget, use also "select viewtype" and choose for example "Libraries" (viewtype 2). You can modify or create new viewtypes in the designer, Home section.

https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver?fil...t-viewtype

3. This is a know a issue and is relative to a script used by KOver (skin.helper.service). The first time you use this fonction, it scans all your library and addons to write a cache file. The more addons you have, longer the file writing will be. That said, there's nothing I can do for that since KOver only launches the script.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-03-01, 13:20)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 20:06)pence Wrote: Digging the progress bars shogun. I'd be interested in the code once you are ready to share! I'm interested in learning more about this myself.

Also if anyone has a quick fix for adding episode air dates to the list view on widgets and/or addon viewing that would be awesome. I am using fixedlist type currently

Thank you guys!

Can you please check this :

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2264655

(instructions at the bottom of the post)

Cheers

That is really good! Can you make for same list view that shows number of unwatched episodes instead of air date? I would like to set view for main TV shows list to show # unwatched, then when I go into the show view to display air date (so I could use this view already there).
Thanks jayz!
Why widgets does not behave like normal views in the media? is it possible to have the "i" for information on widgets?
(2016-03-01, 22:51)Reynald Wrote: Why widgets does not behave like normal views in the media? is it possible to have the "i" for information on widgets?

Nope, because widgets are not the library. Moreover there's no "i" information mapped at Home level. However, I think it's possible by mapping the key (user edited) to a custom dialog like extended infos. But that's too tricky for me to consider adding it.

Wow! Thanks J, that is great. It gives me a real headstart. I will have to look into the custom lists also.

Big Grin

(2016-03-01, 14:17)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 21:18)martinnz Wrote: Yeah, i think it will just take some time to get my head around it all. I just dont have alot of time of will probably take a few weeks.

What i am trying to create is something simple for the wife / kids. This is the kind of main / home screen i was thinking of;

When you move through Movies, TV, kids movies, kids TV the recently added items change based upon the content of the folders where these are stored. You can cursor up to these recently added, or select the menu item. i.e. if you select Movies then you go to the Movies main menu screen which i would like to build something like this;

The same layout can be used for TV, Kids Movies etc.

Hi, I can't provide you exactly what you requested without codig a custom list but I can provide you something like :

watch gallery

1. Download file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0PL_QS...sp=sharing
2. Go to skin settings > import / export > Import ...
3. Browse for the downloaded file "Family views.zip"
4. press ok

This will fill Viewtype 9 for home and viewtype 9 for movies

For movies, just choose the "Familly view" using the context menu
For home, you will have to create your smartplaylists for KIDS, ADULT, etc. then

1. Go to skin settings > General setup > Edit Home menu
2. Then browse and click "Add"
3. Then "Set label" (let's say KIDS)
4. Then Change action > Video Library > Playlist > (choose the playlist you created for kids)
5. Then Select widget > Video Library > Playlist > (choose the playlist you created for kids)
6. You can also choose the icon the same way
@Jayz2K

quick question,
If I go to Settings->Skin Setting->General Setup->edit home menu and under any home menu I press 'select Bloc 4 picture ' but then i go back I cant choose the default ones again(homeart/<section>.jpg), I dont know if they are inside the texture xbt but i cant search for it and the system is not reading them back anyway to reset this ?

also all of the sudden my skin.helper broke: Sad

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'xbmcvfs' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/default.py", line 290, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/default.py", line 242, in __init__
                                                if xbmcvfs.exists(filename):
                                            NameError: global name 'xbmcvfs' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Damn, suddenly I can't get Custom Lists to update, I keep getting a skin helper error: https://anonmgur.com/up/8035b1f28c485543...207c09.png

Code:
00:21:48 T:8028 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
00:22:30 T:7760 WARNING: Previous line repeats 13 times.
00:22:30 T:7760   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\default.py", line 290, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\default.py", line 242, in __init__
00:22:36 T:8028   ERROR: Previous line repeats 5 times.
00:22:36 T:8028 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1

Have wiped Kover files and reinstalled from Git twice, same thing each time fresh Sad
(2016-03-02, 07:33)colbert Wrote: Damn, suddenly I can't get Custom Lists to update, I keep getting a skin helper error: https://anonmgur.com/up/8035b1f28c485543...207c09.png

Code:
00:21:48 T:8028 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
00:22:30 T:7760 WARNING: Previous line repeats 13 times.
00:22:30 T:7760   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\default.py", line 290, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\default.py", line 242, in __init__
00:22:36 T:8028   ERROR: Previous line repeats 5 times.
00:22:36 T:8028 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1

Have wiped Kover files and reinstalled from Git twice, same thing each time fresh Sad

yep same thing happen to me that was what i posted earlier, it happens in two different computers without changing a thing !
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
@all : seems that latest skin.helper release 1.0.56 broke the fileexists check feature.
It's been reported ...
Until it's fixed, please downgrade to 1.0.54 :

Settings > Addons > System > Skin.Helper.Service > Upgrade > Choose 1.0.54

Thanks

Hi there,

I'm starting to get something interesting with this great skin, it's a real pleasure to use the Designer to build view types.

I have a question about the home menu views :

I have a "film" item in my home menu that displays a playlist containing all my unseen movies.
I've made a view type that displays :
- on C-B 1x2 bloc 1 : poster list of the recently added and unseen movies (widget playlist)
- on A-A 2x1 bloc 2 : the info of selected movie from the list
- on C-A 1x1 bloc 3 : the movie fanart
- on A-B 2x2 bloc 4 : the home art
- on C-B 1x2 bloc 5 displayed if I go down from the widget list

When I hit "right", i land on the list zone and the home menu is hidden and replaced by the "A column", letting see the info panel and the movie fanart and the status bar on the left, which contains an important info for me : the number of movies in the playlist

My question is : is it possible to have this information (number of movies in the playlist) in the view when i'm still on the home menu. For instance, add it in the header of the bloc 4 (at the moment it displays the name of the item menu and the name of the widget playlist, ex : Films / Films unseen recently added)

And I have a bonus question, even if I ended doing differently.
At the beginning I wanted to have the bloc 4 (home art) displayed by default, and the bloc 3 (movie art) displayed over it, same zone, but only when i go on a movie from the widget list.
I don't think it's possible?
(2016-03-02, 11:49)djoole Wrote: When I hit "right", i land on the list zone and the home menu is hidden and replaced by the "A column", letting see the info panel and the movie fanart and the status bar on the left, which contains an important info for me : the number of movies in the playlist

In your viewtype, set "Sidebar Autohide" to HIDDEN, then the sidebar won't overprint when you press right.

Quote:My question is : is it possible to have this information (number of movies in the playlist) in the view when i'm still on the home menu. For instance, add it in the header of the bloc 4 (at the moment it displays the name of the item menu and the name of the widget playlist, ex : Films / Films unseen recently added)

ATM, not possible. The only bloc that contains this info is Bloc2.

Quote:And I have a bonus question, even if I ended doing differently.
At the beginning I wanted to have the bloc 4 (home art) displayed by default, and the bloc 3 (movie art) displayed over it, same zone, but only when i go on a movie from the widget list.
I don't think it's possible?

Right, not possible. I add to define layers depth for consistency is Bloc4 is defined over Bloc3 (when video is playing for example).

@reaven, colbert, shogun : I've splitted the custom list dev posts to a new thread in main index.
Thx

• 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18