• 88(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
By intro I mean, instead of the standard Jarvis splash screen. Have a small custom video play during boot up.
The confluence skin has an option in the skin settings called "Enable playist at startup" Then you simply click on the video file you want.
Hope that makes sense.
(2016-03-25, 18:42)JuggZaPoppiN Wrote: By intro I mean, instead of the standard Jarvis splash screen. Have a small custom video play during boot up.
The confluence skin has an option in the skin settings called "Enable playist at startup" Then you simply click on the video file you want.
Hope that makes sense.
Sure it does. Honestly, never checked confluence settings ... I didn't use it that much but worth to give it a look. Since it doesn't depend on the designer and relies more to a copy paste feature, I can have look. Just have to ensure it's not intefering with my init code. However, it will be delayed a bit because I installed KRYPTON ATM and mixing 16 and 17 is not working well. I will need to reinstall everything under Jarvis for tests. Cheers
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-03-25, 20:17)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-03-25, 18:42)JuggZaPoppiN Wrote: By intro I mean, instead of the standard Jarvis splash screen. Have a small custom video play during boot up.
Hope that makes sense.
Sure it does. Honestly, never checked confluence settings ... I didn't use it that much but worth to give it a look. Since it doesn't depend on the designer and relies more to a copy paste feature, I can have look. Just have to ensure it's not intefering with my init code. However, it will be delayed a bit because I installed KRYPTON ATM and mixing 16 and 17 is not working well. I will need to reinstall everything under Jarvis for tests. Cheers

Sounds good.
Thank you for looking into this for me. I greatly appreciate it.
(2016-03-25, 17:57)Jayz2K Wrote: Thx. Working with font is not an easy thing. I'm trying to implement this in another project but It's a bit heavy and I don't think it could run fine in KOver.
Best way ATM is to use the alternate font from KODI appearance settings (there's another one available). You can add your own by editing the Font.xml. It's pretty easy to do.

I was intimidated by the "fully customizable" thing, but it did draw me into the skin as I was expecting to be able to do something with it. What I could do with it, however, was something that, although different from what I had intended, was fantastic in its own way. I'm addicted to this skin, lol. I'm reaching a soft spot with it and I'll share pictures soon when I'm ready. I prefer minimalistic look with the submenus taking care of the heavy data, and KOver allows me just that, with a very minimalistic menubar with pure icons as opposed to text. The home menu is, indeed, fully customizable; as customizable as it can be. While exploring the skin I've learned some tricks with it.
(2016-03-25, 17:57)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 14:20)blutstein Wrote: one question: could it be possible to get the customlists for bloc5 too?

You mean for Home viewtypes, right ?

yes exactly!
A request would be to make a "reverse idlefade" sort of thing, instead of making it disappear after a while, make it start invisible then become visible after a couple seconds.
First of all, thanks for a great skin. It's been fun spending a whole evening setting it up and copying the layout effortlessly to three machines.
However I'm experiencing a minor issue with the viewtypes. I have a custom viewtype for Movies, TV Show list and Season/Episode list. Movies and TV Shows are fine, but the seasons and episode settings are not being saved. Every time I start Kodi, I have to change the viewtype for seasons and episodes. The same issue is present when using Twitch and YouTube addons.
(2016-03-26, 22:38)blutstein Wrote:
(2016-03-25, 17:57)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 14:20)blutstein Wrote: one question: could it be possible to get the customlists for bloc5 too?

You mean for Home viewtypes, right ?

yes exactly!

I can see for unlocking this for Home Bloc 5 but I have some feelings it will slow down home menu. Need to make some tests before.

(2016-03-27, 02:00)Zpectre87 Wrote: A request would be to make a "reverse idlefade" sort of thing, instead of making it disappear after a while, make it start invisible then become visible after a couple seconds.

This is something I ha in mind some times ago and maybe talked about that somewhere in the thread. Will add it in next update.

(2016-03-28, 03:43)marichuu Wrote: First of all, thanks for a great skin. It's been fun spending a whole evening setting it up and copying the layout effortlessly to three machines.
However I'm experiencing a minor issue with the viewtypes. I have a custom viewtype for Movies, TV Show list and Season/Episode list. Movies and TV Shows are fine, but the seasons and episode settings are not being saved. Every time I start Kodi, I have to change the viewtype for seasons and episodes. The same issue is present when using Twitch and YouTube addons.

Hi, are you using custom lists also ? If it's only about viewtypes, that's weird. I'm able to get KODI remember my setup for all folders. The only difference for shows at seasons / eipsodes level is that it has to be set for each subfolder. But when all are set individually, they're kept in memory.

KOver V1.1.2 on github

- Fix Truncated test in dialog menu
- Added reverse IdleFade
- Unlocked custom lists in Bloc5 (Home)
- Added Font 110B for screensaver plugin

I finally found a skin that I can really live with (awesome job!) and I managed to f*ck it up. Confused

Somehow after accidentally mashing a few buttons on my remote I ended up with a overlay (Volume: Visualisation presets) hanging on top of my screen. This is seen in every screen. A new install of the skin did not fix it. This overlay is not there in all other skins I tried (all standard available ones).

Could someone here help me out? Thank you!

Kodi: 16.1 RC2 (before 16.0)

edit: Apparently didn't have anything to do with my button mashing but with using Yatse and/or Kore. After I changed some settings there it got fixed. Smile
(2016-03-19, 00:12)Shogun Wrote: btw....if someone wants fixed icons on the sidebar (home) edit "home.xml" in line "106" to "control type="list""...

If you have more than 5 icons on your home menu, you have to edit "Designer_Common.xml" and extend the "width" or "height" of your chosen sidebar (ex. you have a vertical sidebar with small icons, edit under "include name="HomeV" your variable "<height>400</height>" to "<height>480</height>" (for 6 icons) or "<height>560</height>" (for 7 icons) and so on....)

Hi. This doesn't seem to work in the new version on GitHub. Suggestions?

Thanks!
(2016-04-03, 00:54)halburrows Wrote:
(2016-03-19, 00:12)Shogun Wrote: btw....if someone wants fixed icons on the sidebar (home) edit "home.xml" in line "106" to "control type="list""...

If you have more than 5 icons on your home menu, you have to edit "Designer_Common.xml" and extend the "width" or "height" of your chosen sidebar (ex. you have a vertical sidebar with small icons, edit under "include name="HomeV" your variable "<height>400</height>" to "<height>480</height>" (for 6 icons) or "<height>560</height>" (for 7 icons) and so on....)

Hi. This doesn't seem to work in the new version on GitHub. Suggestions?

Thanks!
Did you change again the code after new Install ? Please note that installing a new version overrides your mods. Cheers

(2016-04-03, 11:40)Jayz2K Wrote: Did you change again the code after new Install ? Please note that installing a new version overrides your mods. Cheers

Ah, it was my stupidity. The Github version was in a different folder than my previous install and I didn't realize that. All is good now. Thank you.
First time I used KOver I managed to screw it up and gave up. I gave it a second chance yesterday and -wow, I love the included configs.I'm using the Hybrid preset because it gives me the most info, but I have two issues:

-I was using autosub to automatically download subs for videos that didn't have any. It works with my other skins, but with KOver it just presents a blank space and nothing is shown... any ideas?
-the functions panel that comes up to allow you to choose audio streams, subs, offets etcis a bit clumsy - I can't use the subs offset because the panel is over the subs themselves and I can't see what I'm doing Big Grin Can this be fixed somehow?

Thanks for an awesome skin, otherwise!
(2016-04-05, 10:04)krakout Wrote: -the functions panel that comes up to allow you to choose audio streams, subs, offets etcis a bit clumsy - I can't use the subs offset because the panel is over the subs themselves and I can't see what I'm doing Big Grin Can this be fixed somehow?

Yep, already reported this issue Wink :
(2016-03-04, 02:18)djoole Wrote: A small bug : the subtitle/language panel is not displayed during playback :

No problem is it's paused :
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18