var/mnt/mount1 not working in IOS 8.1?
Hi,

Does anyone know what the location is to access an SD card with the camera connection kit in IOS 8.1? I tried var/mnt/mount1 but this doesn't seem to work anymore. Huh

Thanks in advance
Without trying it, adding support for the camera connection kit is not the first priority for the dev team when releasing a new jailbreak. In addition to that, the iOS 8.1 jailbreak is pretty new so you might have to wait until somebody else cares about this problem.
Kodi 15 on:
Kodibuntu with Ubuntu 14.04 (self compiled), Mac OS X El Capitan, iPhone 6, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Nexus 4.
Are you sure the SD Card is being mounted? Normally you either need iFile (which doesn't work on ios 8, unless you used an official patch) or to mount the SD 'manually' in terminal.

Regardless, what format is your SD card? It seems that as of ios 8, only HFS(+) will mount on iPads now. It seems as if exFAT and FAT are both now "implemented in a way that can not be mounted by ios".

Read here for more info: http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/commen..._on_ios_8/

I haven't jailbroken my ipad yet (still on 7.1.2), will do some testing when the English/Cydia built-in version comes out (tomorrow). I expect that Apple have changed FAT to be implemented similar to exFAT, meaning you can 'import' photos with FAT/exFAT but not mount the cards. No one has actually confirmed this yet though...
Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean that there is no support in this version of XBMC? Or with the jailbreak.
Because I thought jailbreaking meant gaining root access. So I tried to look in the file-system for the mount folder trough an SSH session but i couldn't find it.

I posted this question because maybe another user already found a solution for this issue.

(2014-10-31, 00:42)Platypus2 Wrote: Are you sure the SD Card is being mounted? Normally you either need iFile (which doesn't work on ios 8, unless you used an official patch) or to mount the SD 'manually' in terminal.

Regardless, what format is your SD card? It seems that as of ios 8, only HFS(+) will mount on iPads now. It seems as if exFAT and FAT are both " implemented in a way that it can not be mounted".

Read here for more info: http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/commen..._on_ios_8/

It is mounted because i can import files trough the filmrol. Formatted as fat32.

Edit : sorry misread you there i'll go and try HFS+
Yup you were right Platypus2 HFS+ formatted works like a charm!
Now i can use my sd cards on the airplane again Smile
(2014-10-31, 00:43)SyNuS_XL Wrote: Yup you were right Platypus2 HFS+ formatted works like a charm!

Yeah, exFAT on ios 7 was the same. You could import in the photos app, but it couldn't be mounted (in a way that you could then access the drive).

Well I'm glad it worked for you. But it isn't exactly great news that FAT32 implementation has been changed Sad
(2014-10-31, 01:02)Platypus2 Wrote:
(2014-10-31, 00:43)SyNuS_XL Wrote: Yup you were right Platypus2 HFS+ formatted works like a charm!

Yeah, exFAT on ios 7 was the same. You could import in the photos app, but it couldn't be mounted (in a way that you could then access the drive).

Oh right. Well I'm glad it worked for you. But it isn't exactly great news that FAT32 implementation has been changed Sad

Yup that's right.
But thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
var/mnt/mount1 not working in IOS 8.1?0