[Feature Request] disable or give control if showing "playback failed"
No prio for helix
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
hi again,
now kodi - helix is out and stable.
can you make this feature for next release?

thanks.
Please make this happen.

I'm using youtube and sometimes i'm trying to play videos which seems to be deleted. I then get this disturbing message and have to get the remote...
It annoys especially when the kids are watching and the playlist stops (they are too small to operate Kodi).

So - please try to implement this one Smile
at least make an option in the advancedsettings.xml file for enabling more then "3" tries.

10x
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
I agree, its should be implemented ASAP.
its could make everything so easier, for instance if you trying to watch an playlist with deleted clips on youtube, you could just keep going and getting to the next one. without any annoying messages.
thanks
Now that helix is released we take a break for a year - how about that? Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
well, I don't mind...I'm sure Plex, SPMC, MediaPortal etc will be happy Smile
(2015-01-04, 18:57)ron1987 Wrote: Please make this happen.

I'm using youtube and sometimes i'm trying to play videos which seems to be deleted. I then get this disturbing message and have to get the remote...
It annoys especially when the kids are watching and the playlist stops (they are too small to operate Kodi).

So - please try to implement this one Smile

yeah picking up the remote is ssooooooooooo much work.

for the kids is the first valid reason i've seen so far.

(2015-01-05, 11:33)ron1987 Wrote: well, I don't mind...I'm sure Plex, SPMC, MediaPortal etc will be happy Smile
comments like these will only make it less interesting for dev to even look at it.
you gain absolutely no ground by saying such thing for getting developers interested in possibly adding this
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-01-04, 19:21)iChrist Wrote: I agree, its should be implemented ASAP.
its could make everything so easier, for instance if you trying to watch an playlist with deleted clips on youtube, you could just keep going and getting to the next one. without any annoying messages.
thanks

why not complain to Youtube itself because it still has those broken videos in the playlist?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
dude I was joking just like he was. no bad intentions here.
anyhow - raising the remote is inconvenient not because of it's physical action (clearly) but because I usually put a playlist and go cooking (then my hand are filthy), having sex (then I don't want to deal with anything), cleaning the house (and i'm not near the remote) etc. You get the point. I'm basically far from the remote.

"why not complain to Youtube itself because it still has those broken videos in the playlist?" are u serious?
What should I tell them exactly? the uploader has decided to remove a video so please remove it from my playlist? in couple of months i will end up with 5 songs in my playlist Smile
I can certainly see the logic for this when used with a playlist. Some way to just keep going if one item isn't playable would be really great.

Although, again, I think this might be something that a specific add-on author might be able to address. Not sure, though, as I am not a coder.
(2015-01-05, 11:51)Martijn Wrote: why not complain to Youtube itself because it still has those broken videos in the playlist?

seriously?
you want me and lot of kodi users complain to any website and tell them 30... times a week that user delete file from your site or they decide to delete this file then remove it from all playlist too? because it's stack my kodi playing this playlist?

or the right thing to do to solve this problem :
give control if showing this message "playback failed" and go to play next video in playlist. don't stop.
I i read the code correct then this should also fix the issue - add it to advancedsettings.xml.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<playlistretries>999999</playlistretries>
</advancedsettings>

With this it should skip failed items until 999999 items in the playlist failed - only then it will show the error dialog.

@NedScott if this works - the defaults in the wiki for those settings seem to be wrong - they are -1 for retries and 0 for timeout
Oops, we already had the feature? :D

I'll put on my to-do list to check the default values for the advancedsettings.xml (wiki) page.
The above didn't work for me. But it solves this bug when I added playlisttimeout:

<advancedsettings>
  <playlistretries>999999</playlistretries>
  <playlisttimeout>7200</playlisttimeout>
</advancedsettings>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] disable or give control if showing "playback failed"1