• 5(current)
Release script.toolbox
(2015-01-14, 15:16)phil65 Wrote:
(2015-01-14, 14:59)Hitcher Wrote: Phil, I know you're busy with the extended info script but I wondered whether it's possible to add the ability to open the video info dialog with this script?

ie

PHP Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.toolbox,info=dialogvideoinfo,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick

Many thanks.

Nope not possible, but you can open extendedinfo infodialog with RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedinfo,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]) for example.

Thinking about this a bit more all I really need is the cast info (the same as list 50 in dialogvideoinfo) when at season or episode level. I already have a list of similar shows in these views using <content limit="10">plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=similartvshowstrakt&amp;&amp;dbid=$INFO[Window(home).Property(TVShowID)]</content> so is it possible to just get a list of the actors using extendedinfo?

Thanks.

PS. Should really have asked this the extendedinfo thread, sorry
Did anything ever come of adding the ability to expose a spincontrol as well?
(2015-03-05, 20:34)Bumpaneer Wrote: Did anything ever come of adding the ability to expose a spincontrol as well?
(2014-10-30, 17:27)phil65 Wrote: you can already "fake" spincontrols by using pure xml.
Example:

Code:
<control type="button" id="1635">
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[31674]</label>
                    <label2>$INFO[Skin.String(TriPanelPosition)]</label2>
                    <include>ViewtypeSettingsButton</include>
                    <onclick condition="Stringcompare(Skin.String(TriPanelPosition),1)">Skin.SetString(TriPanelPosition,2)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Stringcompare(Skin.String(TriPanelPosition),4)">Skin.SetString(TriPanelPosition,1)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Stringcompare(Skin.String(TriPanelPosition),3)">Skin.SetString(TriPanelPosition,4)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Stringcompare(Skin.String(TriPanelPosition),2)">Skin.SetString(TriPanelPosition,3)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Stringcompare(Skin.String(TriPanelPosition),1)">Skin.SetString(TriPanelPosition,2)</onclick>
                </control>

Will see if it is worth it to expose "native" spincontrols to skinners. I´m not a big fan of them though, even for 3 items i would prefer a selectdialog.
(In general I don´t like buttons those more complex buttons. In my opinion pressing left/right/up/down should always move the focus to the next control)

I won´t create a separate add-on for one or two functions, but if more stuff like this is needed I will create a separate add-on.
(2014-10-30, 17:27)phil65 Wrote: Will see if it is worth it to expose "native" spincontrols to skinners.

I know it can be faked with xml, but I was specifically questioning this part of the quote. Sorry for not making it more clear in my initial inquiry.
(2015-03-06, 00:27)Bumpaneer Wrote:
(2014-10-30, 17:27)phil65 Wrote: Will see if it is worth it to expose "native" spincontrols to skinners.

I know it can be faked with xml, but I was specifically questioning this part of the quote. Sorry for not making it more clear in my initial inquiry.

not worth it (if possible at all). In the long term we should completely get rid of them in my opinion.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2015-01-14, 15:29)Jeroen Wrote: Just got into looking into this. Really useful stuff, this will allow me to drop several custom windows. Any estimate on how far we are from availability on the Kodi repo?

+1

This script is fantastic. It provides much needed functionality that will reduce a lot of excessive skin xml code/custom windows and open up a lot of possibilities. Excellent work!
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hello

Is it possible to show text file in kodi, for example readme.txt through the <control type="label">
My text file is located in the c partition and I needs to display text like a plot info in my Custom_GameInfo.xml
(2015-03-11, 13:25)senna99 Wrote: Hello

Is it possible to show text file in kodi, for example readme.txt through the <control type="label">
My text file is located in the c partition and I needs to display text like a plot info in my Custom_GameInfo.xml

atm not, but could possibly add it somewhen. I would tend to use DialogTextViewer for that though, not some custom label control)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Thanks for the reply phil65
Phil65:

For some use cases, it could be useful to have an script to select an node of an treeview for dynamic lists to set the <content>...</content> value.

The skinshortcuts script does it perfectly for adding a new menu item with its dialog to select an category, an addon, and an subdir of the addon for example.
A lite version of this with just fetching the correct path of a node and storing them somewhere (skin setting value, property) would be awesome and we could offer dynamic customs widgets with nearly no limitations.

Maybe... u want to include something like that to your toolbox. It would fit perfectly there.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2015-03-16, 11:50)sualfred Wrote: Phil65:

For some use cases, it could be useful to have an script to select an node of an treeview for dynamic lists to set the <content>...</content> value.

The skinshortcuts script does it perfectly for adding a new menu item with its dialog to select an category, an addon, and an subdir of the addon for example.
A lite version of this with just fetching the correct path of a node and storing them somewhere (skin setting value, property) would be awesome and we could offer dynamic customs widgets with nearly no limitations.

Maybe... u want to include something like that to your toolbox. It would fit perfectly there.

I dont really understand what you mean. Example?
Example use case:

## Dynamic custom widget container
PHP Code:
<control type="list" id="50">
<
itemlayout width="250" height="29">
<
focusedlayout height="29" width="250">
</
focusedlayout>
<
content>%TOOLBOX CONTENT SOURCE%</content>
</
control

The user wants to fill the content of the widget with an subdir of an addon.
Example -> Advanced Launcher -> Category "Emulators" (plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?0df67ef8b67741f86ad5962f58f5bdc5)

A common user doesn't know the correct path and this is where toolbox kicks in and opens an dialog to select the path he wants to have as content for the widget list.

In skinshortcuts the dialog looks like this:

Example skin implementation:
SkinSettings -> <onclick>RunScript(script.toolbox,type=nodeselector&amp;skinstring=CustomDynamicList1)</onclick>
Content List -> <content>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomDynamicList1)]</content>
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Hi Phil,

Just started to play a bit with the script next to a request for my skin.
Is there some documentation on all the features ? I searched for it but didn't manage to find one.

I used RunScript(script.toolbox,info=exportskinsettings) to export my skin setting in a file and works great (found it in Rapier). But I would like to know if we can ask for only a part of the datas to be exported. I would like to output only a specific set of Skin.Strings. I mean :

Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.toolbox,info=exportskinsettings,string="MODEL1")</onclick>

Which only output Strings containing "MODEL1" in name.

Thanx,
Great job on this script !
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-05-19, 09:31)Jayz2K Wrote: Hi Phil,

Just started to play a bit with the script next to a request for my skin.
Is there some documentation on all the features ? I searched for it but didn't manage to find one.

I used RunScript(script.toolbox,info=exportskinsettings) to export my skin setting in a file and works great (found it in Rapier). But I would like to know if we can ask for only a part of the datas to be exported. I would like to output only a specific set of Skin.Strings. I mean :

Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.toolbox,info=exportskinsettings,string="MODEL1")</onclick>

Which only output Strings containing "MODEL1" in name.

Thanx,
Great job on this script !

doesnt make too much sense to me to only export data partially --> sorry, won't add that.
(2015-05-19, 15:35)phil65 Wrote: doesnt make too much sense to me to only export data partially --> sorry, won't add that.

Well the idea was to generate a file to allow users to share their customization (ex : Layout, Color sets, etc.) without having to set everything by their own (by saving a set of formatted Skin.Strings containing a specific name).
Sounded the only and almost straight forward solution using this export.
However, that's right, it concerns only a really few skins.

Thanks anyway Wink
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.toolbox2