Tuner no longer available
luca_c, do you also have a Windows PC there? Can you try the Kodi on that, and see if you have the same problem?
Well, if you don't mind taking a peek at my logs, I tried it two different ways. I am running Openelec 4.2.1 (which I believe is Gotham 13.2) on an Acer Revo 3360 (dual core/Ion). Forgive me if I should not post this on the Kodi forum.

I was watching tv fine for an hour or so, then after a few channel changes the "no longer available" message began popping up. Initially, the buffering would get to about 8 or 9% and then stop. Symptoms appear to be getting more severe as I really can't play any live tv streams at this point.

I have loaded a few streams in VLC on another machine just fine.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=359540

Thanks

Jason
I went ahead and upgraded to Openelec 5.0 (aka 4.95.5) "Helix" and same situation:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=359564
Shocked 
(2014-11-23, 19:36)sub3 Wrote: luca_c, do you also have a Windows PC there? Can you try the Kodi on that, and see if you have the same problem?
Hi ! I'm sorry for the delay.
Use the same version of "kodi"on my pc and everything goes fine
I also had the same errors tom.wall04 had when attempting to watch Live TV from the nextPVR plugin 1.9.8 interface using Gotham 13.2, hdhomerun ATSC on my Amazon fire tv stick (android). I had a tough time searching for this. Hopefully the keywords I mention here will help others find it.
Quote:21:50:42 T:6044 DEBUG: opening live stream for channel 'Bounce'
21:50:42 T:6044 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: OpenLiveStream(8:Bounce) (oid=7165)
21:50:42 T:6044 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: OpenLiveStream()@1
21:50:42 T:6044 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: OpenLiveStream()@2
21:50:42 T:6044 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: HTTP/1.1 404 Not FoundServer: NextPVR Connection: Close
21:50:42 T:6044 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: Unable to start channel. 404
21:50:42 T:6044 DEBUG: CAddonCallbacksAddon - ADDON::CAddonCallbacksAddon::QueueNotification - NextPVR PVR Client - Info Message : 'Tuner not available'
21:50:42 T:6044 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/1.pvr]
The following fixed this issue for me and is a good workaround:
NextPVR > Settings > Channels > Edit Channel > Set the second channel number to 0
Even though NextPVR allows channels with the same number, you must have unique integer values for channels.
For example, if you have channels 13.1, 13.2 and 13.3 you must renumber them to unique integers 13, 14 and 15.
I reset the PVR database in XBMC and selecting channels under Live TV > TV channels and EPG brought up the live stream.

Good to hear this is corrected for future builds. Thanks!
(2014-12-03, 04:42)vdog90 Wrote: I also had the same errors tom.wall04 had when attempting to watch Live TV from the nextPVR plugin 1.9.8 interface using Gotham 13.2, hdhomerun ATSC on my Amazon fire tv stick (android). I had a tough time searching for this. Hopefully the keywords I mention here will help others find it.
Quote:21:50:42 T:6044 DEBUG: opening live stream for channel 'Bounce'
21:50:42 T:6044 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: OpenLiveStream(8:Bounce) (oid=7165)
21:50:42 T:6044 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: OpenLiveStream()@1
21:50:42 T:6044 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: OpenLiveStream()@2
21:50:42 T:6044 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: HTTP/1.1 404 Not FoundServer: NextPVR Connection: Close
21:50:42 T:6044 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: Unable to start channel. 404
21:50:42 T:6044 DEBUG: CAddonCallbacksAddon - ADDON::CAddonCallbacksAddon::QueueNotification - NextPVR PVR Client - Info Message : 'Tuner not available'
21:50:42 T:6044 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/1.pvr]
The following fixed this issue for me and is a good workaround:
NextPVR > Settings > Channels > Edit Channel > Set the second channel number to 0
Even though NextPVR allows channels with the same number, you must have unique integer values for channels.
For example, if you have channels 13.1, 13.2 and 13.3 you must renumber them to unique integers 13, 14 and 15.
I reset the PVR database in XBMC and selecting channels under Live TV > TV channels and EPG brought up the live stream.

Good to hear this is corrected for future builds. Thanks!

So, in order to satisfy my family I have to change the .digit on about 45 channels to a single number 1,2,3,4, etc? For future builds this is a solution?? NOT! That is called a band aid. So if there is no real solution here, find another PVR that does workHuh?
(2014-12-04, 21:42)Foodog Wrote: So, in order to satisfy my family I have to change the .digit on about 45 channels to a single number 1,2,3,4, etc? For future builds this is a solution?? NOT! That is called a band aid. So if there is no real solution here, find another PVR that does workHuh?
They only added support for subchannels in Kodi's PVR very recently. The NextPVR addon has been updated to add support for this new Kodi feature, and the changes submitted a couple of weeks ago, now we just have to wait for the Kodi powers-that-be to merge it.

If you were using Kodi on Windows, an updated addon was posted a couple of weeks ago for people not wanting to wait.
(2014-12-04, 23:16)sub3 Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 21:42)Foodog Wrote: So, in order to satisfy my family I have to change the .digit on about 45 channels to a single number 1,2,3,4, etc? For future builds this is a solution?? NOT! That is called a band aid. So if there is no real solution here, find another PVR that does workHuh?
They only added support for subchannels in Kodi's PVR very recently. The NextPVR addon has been updated to add support for this new Kodi feature, and the changes submitted a couple of weeks ago, now we just have to wait for the Kodi powers-that-be to merge it.

If you were using Kodi on Windows, an updated addon was posted a couple of weeks ago for people not wanting to wait.

Aha, Thank you, Thank you!
I am having the same problem on Kodi 12.1 running on windows 8.1 along with NextPVR Client tuner not available errors. I have no idea what to do?
Thanks
John
I started having this same issue on Kodi 14.1 Helix (in Windows 8.1, with an HDHomerun Extend over the network). After getting everything configured, it all seemed to be working great at first. Now, I'm lucky if I get any stream to play for more than a few seconds before constantly buffering, and ultimately freezing. If I try to play any of the channels via the Video>Files tab, I get a "Remote Share: Could not connect to network server" error. Not only that, but once I encounter the initial problem, I start having all kinds of issues with my network connection until I restart.

I've spent a lot of time putting this build together and getting everything set up, and this is really frustrating. Do I still need to use the updated add-on linked to upthread? If so, I'm still trying to figure out where I need to extract the files to actually be able to use the add-on. I'm still a novice user, so any detailed explanation would be really really helpful here.
I am still getting this error under certain circumstances. When I view a pre recorded TV show and return to viewing live TV, about 15-30 seconds later I get the error. If I watch a pre-recorded TV show go to Videos>Add-ins and watch something there, I can then return to watching live TV without getting the error. Any ideas? I am running 14.2 on Windows 8.1. I am using HD Homerun Extended. Time shifting is enabled. Thanks
I have the logs but cannot see where to attach the zip files.
John
I've got the same issue with Isengard. I just bought a new HDHomeRun to be compliant with Kodi and the latest release of NextPVR. The streaming seems to be okay, quality is not crisp, but can watch a show. I must, however, restart Kodi in order to change the channel. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks,
Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tuner no longer available0