• 4(current)
New HiMedia Q5
hdmkv, this one could be the box to go for, however nvidia is coming with an android tv box too, perhaps that one is even better?
(2015-03-05, 18:44)Skank Wrote: hdmkv, this one could be the box to go for, however nvidia is coming with an android tv box too, perhaps that one is even better?

the big vantage with Q5 3d4k is:
hisilicon make CPU -> himedia build box -> himedia development app himediaplayer and himedia center , all are huawei company.

this equal to: no sdk prolem, hardware is 100% usage.
All function on datasheet can be use .
the soc Hi3798M are build for multimedia mutch that other.

it 's closed ... ok ... but it's work.

i hope nvidia support X1 with linux Tongue
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2015-03-05, 13:48)looun Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 19:12)Skank Wrote: Can you test bdmv format movies? (around 20 gig)?

with himedia player all full 3d works iso and BDMV folder without problem, support external subtitle and Audio HD 7.1.
IMMO 3d effect is much better than PCH and htpc.

(2015-02-21, 11:42)Caramba69 Wrote: Another test shows that the external player switches to 24p and the fps that is set in the UI. If I set the UI to 60hz everything (even 50hz tv shows) work fine.If I play a 3d iso the external player uses 24p and if I switch to 2D in that movie it uses 60hz instead 24p. But I don't see any stutter or issues as well.
himediaplayer app auto switch:
60 <-> 24 work
50 <->24 work
60<>50 NOT work
50<>60 NOT work
Futeko say can fix in future, i hope .

i have try to modify addon "frequency switcher" change file to with "/sys/class/graphics/fb0/mode", but not work.
i don't found the right file that must to be set.

(2015-02-27, 16:51)Caramba69 Wrote: Does anyone know if SPMC offers any advantage than Kodi 14.x?

no Big Grin

kodi + himedia player is perfect ,a have found olny 2 limitation:
- not support share network with password
- watch status not update after playback

(2015-02-28, 20:17)Nellgrove Wrote:
(2015-01-17, 16:06)malcolmbarr Wrote: 2. I cannot find how to set a default of no subtitles for the external/native player, and turning them off each time playback starts is a pain.
How's the picture quality competed to an openelec solution?

Imprex Processing Engine have great quality and himediaplayer have "LIVE" menu to change enhancement setting. Cool

(2015-03-04, 15:05)hdmkv Wrote: So, where does one get firmware for this player? One site shows latest as 1.0.4, while Futeko site shows 1.0.7, but with a note that reads "THIS FIRMWARE IS FOR EUROPEAN Q5 4K3D (MANUFACTURED AFTER OCTOBER 2014) ONLY. DO NOT TRY AND FLASH IT TO OTHER REGION Q5 4K3D OR ANY Q10 4K3D."

Also, doesn't appear HiMedia has an official English forum? As promising as it looks, these guys need to do better if they want to sell this player outside China. Little concerned as I finally took a chance and ordered yesterday via iandroidtvbox.com. Used PayPal just in case there's a problem. Will report back when/if I get the player and have a chance to put it through its paces.
there is not english forum.
ufficial fourm is chinise: bbs.himedia.cn
there is also Deutsch forum with al lot of support (root, mount CIFS folder) :

To make it clear - I performed several tests with the Q10/Q5 (with KODI (XBMC/KODI-HimediaWrapper (20141214) and the internal media player) and detect some stutter during a movie playback. Sorry, a smooth playback is not possible yet. I can confirm that all HD Audio tracks like DTS HD, Atmos and Auro3D are supported.
(2015-03-05, 19:33)UdoG Wrote: To make it clear - I performed several tests with the Q10/Q5 (with KODI (XBMC/KODI-HimediaWrapper (20141214) and the internal media player) and detect some stutter during a movie playback. Sorry, a smooth playback is not possible yet. I can confirm that all HD Audio tracks like DTS HD, Atmos and Auro3D are supported.

i have try a lot of different 23,976 Fps moving bar clip (black screen with white vertical bar) without any stutter .
Attention 29.97 not work .
which files you have test ?
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
I watched the move Maze Runner (mkv) and detected 3-4 stutter. Furthermore I checked the first 3-4 minutes of Arthur Christmas (3D ISO) and again I saw stutter (5 attempts - 4 times stutter) - same sitation with the HiMedia Player. Then I performed the same test with my zappiti 3D mini Player - no stutter with Arthur Christmas!
Guys, I got my player and installed latest Kodi, but himediaWrapper.apk install fails. I've tried several times, with SPMC and different versions of Kodi w/o any luck. Followed directions to install, then run Kodi, exit, then install the wrapper. No luck. Any ideas?

Oh, my player came installed with latest v1.0.7 firmware. And, I did a factory restore of box and tried again... still himediaWrapper.apk install fails Sad. "Unknown Sources" is enabled in Settings.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Strange. The wrapper was preinstalled and worked directly. Even an update to 15 alpha 1 didn't break the wrapper.
(2015-03-06, 18:20)looun Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 19:33)UdoG Wrote: To make it clear - I performed several tests with the Q10/Q5 (with KODI (XBMC/KODI-HimediaWrapper (20141214) and the internal media player) and detect some stutter during a movie playback. Sorry, a smooth playback is not possible yet. I can confirm that all HD Audio tracks like DTS HD, Atmos and Auro3D are supported.

i have try a lot of different 23,976 Fps moving bar clip (black screen with white vertical bar) without any stutter .
Attention 29.97 not work .
which files you have test ?

I also can't see stutter, but I'm not really sure if 23,976 movies are played with 24hz. My Sony TV seems to eliminate these microstutters with the motionflow feature.
(2015-03-09, 20:57)hdmkv Wrote: Guys, I got my player and installed latest Kodi, but himediaWrapper.apk install fails. I've tried several times, with SPMC and different versions of Kodi w/o any luck. Followed directions to install, then run Kodi, exit, then install the wrapper. No luck. Any ideas?

Oh, my player came installed with latest v1.0.7 firmware. And, I did a factory restore of box and tried again... still himediaWrapper.apk install fails Sad. "Unknown Sources" is enabled in Settings.

factory restore or hardreste not wipe SD ,so there is same problem

try this

1. please upgrade the 1.0.7 firmware under recovery mode (power off unit, hold reset button and power on, will enter the recovery mode)
2. Download the apk from this link, install it.
3. Open System Optimization Tools (new app just intall it on step 2).
4. Reboot the system and done

than

1. Run XBMC/KODI, and then exit XBMC/KODI by click the EXIT icon.
2. Download and install http://www.mediafire.com/download/73ydkv...rapper.apk.
3. Run the newly installed app. In the top left corner you'll see 'playercorefactory not installed'. Select the check box below to 'install playercorefactory'.
3. Run XBMC/KODI

(2015-03-10, 09:46)Caramba69 Wrote: I also can't see stutter, but I'm not really sure if 23,976 movies are played with 24hz. My Sony TV seems to eliminate these microstutters with the motionflow feature.
all video 23,976 are output to 24p
(2015-03-09, 20:57)hdmkv Wrote: Guys, I got my player and installed latest Kodi, but himediaWrapper.apk install fails. I've tried several times, with SPMC and different versions of Kodi w/o any luck. Followed directions to install, then run Kodi, exit, then install the wrapper. No luck. Any ideas?

Will you make an extended review? Smile
Will do a snapshot of pros and cons as I have on first post of my VidOn thread, then go cover as much as I can think of (UI, responsiveness, any quirks, remote, etc.).
My Family Room Theater
Especially about if 3d iso can be launched from within kodi, about hd audio , if possible if atmos is able to
etc etc
(2015-03-10, 15:20)Skank Wrote: Especially about if 3d iso can be launched from within kodi, about hd audio , if possible if atmos is able to
etc etc

I can confirm that everything of the above works.
For ATMOS, you need to install the APK patch right? Initially, when I tried playing via internal player (not via Kodi), I got both 5.1 and 7.1 TrueHD and DTS-MA bitstreaming fine, but ATMOS resulted in no audio.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-03-10, 17:24)hdmkv Wrote: For ATMOS, you need to install the APK patch right? Initially, when I tried playing via internal player (not via Kodi), I got both 5.1 and 7.1 TrueHD and DTS-MA bitstreaming fine, but ATMOS resulted in no audio.

no it's firmware patch

http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=63.0

It will be incorporated into the next firmware.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HiMedia Q53