• 5(current)
New HiMedia Q5
(2015-03-10, 17:24)hdmkv Wrote: For ATMOS, you need to install the APK patch right? Initially, when I tried playing via internal player (not via Kodi), I got both 5.1 and 7.1 TrueHD and DTS-MA bitstreaming fine, but ATMOS resulted in no audio.

Why are you doing this to me.
Please tell me this player not good, because once you approve this device,you know i have to buy one.

Sad
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Is HD audio working fine from within Kodi with the vanilla version?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-03-10, 17:54)Martijn Wrote: Is HD audio working fine from within Kodi with the vanilla version?

NO ...Audio HD, FULL 3D and Auto-switch fps work only with himediaplayer app.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2015-03-10, 17:49)movie78 Wrote: Why are you doing this to me.
Please tell me this player not good, because once you approve this device,you know i have to buy one.
Sad
LOL, not so fast. Not convinced yet. From my initial test using HiMedia player, for motion bars clips, only 1080p/60 and 1080p/59.94 played smoothly. 23.976 and 24, bars didn't pan across smoothly. Also, ATMOS didn't work, but I haven't applied the patch available on Futeko forum yet. Once I get a little time today, I'll do a factory reset, apply system fix APK, install Kodi and see if I can finally get the external player APK patch to take.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-03-10, 18:39)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-03-10, 17:49)movie78 Wrote: Why are you doing this to me.
Sad
LOL, not so fast. Not convinced yet. From my initial test using HiMedia player, for motion bars clips, only 1080p/60 and 1080p/59.94 played smoothly. 23.976 and 24, bars didn't pan across smoothly. Also, ATMOS didn't work, but I haven't applied the patch available on Futeko forum yet. Once I get a little time today, I'll do a factory reset, apply system fix APK, install Kodi and see if I can finally get the external player APK patch to take.

Glad you testing ATMOS..

Can't wait for your update.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
For those in the know, what is the right way to test FPS and motion bars? Check that all bars in each clip pan across smoothly vs. jumpy? Or, is it supposed to be judged in a different way?
My Family Room Theater
(2015-03-10, 19:36)hdmkv Wrote: For those in the know, what is the right way to test FPS and motion bars? Check that all bars in each clip pan across smoothly vs. jumpy? Or, is it supposed to be judged in a different way?
You're looking for "smooth" consistent even motion. If the bar's movement has intermittent glitches / pauses / hesitations in the motion something isn't working correctly. Obviously though a 24FPS clip won't be as smooth as a 60FPS one.
This is frustrating... himediaWrapper.apk will NOT install. I get a "App not installed" error. looun, I followed your steps on previous page exactly. New firmware installed from recovery fine, as did Open System Optimization Tool apk, as did Kodi 14.2 beta 1, but just not himediaWrapper.apk. I tried to install from File Manager as with others.

So, I even went into advanced (Android) settings, did a force stop of Kodi, then tried to install the wrapper APK... no luck.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-03-10, 19:36)hdmkv Wrote: For those in the know, what is the right way to test FPS and motion bars? Check that all bars in each clip pan across smoothly vs. jumpy? Or, is it supposed to be judged in a different way?

try motion bars with countdown.
Usually if you see a shutter every about 41 second, soc not support 23,976.

remember himedia player:
no switch 50<->60
no support 29,97
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
At this point, the unit I have won't take himediaWrapper.apk, so no point going further. I have another unit coming next week from a different source. Accidental order I will keep now. Hope it won't have the same issue. On my present player, I'm going to try downgrading to 1.0.4 and see if I can apply the wrapper, and if not, going back up to 1.0.7 and trying again. Wonder if there is some hardware revision issue; there's no manufactured date on the unit or box.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-03-11, 13:15)hdmkv Wrote: At this point, the unit I have won't take himediaWrapper.apk, so no point going further. I have another unit coming next week from a different source. Accidental order I will keep now. Hope it won't have the same issue. On my present player, I'm going to try downgrading to 1.0.4 and see if I can apply the wrapper, and if not, going back up to 1.0.7 and trying again. Wonder if there is some hardware revision issue; there's no manufactured date on the unit or box.

it's very strange, with Optimization Tool apk i have fix my 'loop boot' problem.

In europe all buy iìfrom futeko it's olny store have this box.
from futeko site:
Code:
Q: Hardware Revision? This listing is for the latest hardware revision quad-core Q5 4K3D, manufactured after October 2014. There was an earlier version released only in China with lower specification and a different firmware. Please do not install firmware for earlier versions on our Q10 4K3D. Install only firmware found on our support page.

do you have open case? there is thermal pad? Big Grin
(2015-03-11, 13:15)hdmkv Wrote: At this point, the unit I have won't take himediaWrapper.apk, so no point going further. I have another unit coming next week from a different source. Accidental order I will keep now. Hope it won't have the same issue. On my present player, I'm going to try downgrading to 1.0.4 and see if I can apply the wrapper, and if not, going back up to 1.0.7 and trying again. Wonder if there is some hardware revision issue; there's no manufactured date on the unit or box.

Copy file manual to user folder

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx63o79b...Eh1TndUbUk
Great, thanks. How'd you get playercorefactory.xml file? Hmm, I may even alter it later to have Kodi player certain items, and HiMedia player others.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-03-12, 02:43)hdmkv Wrote: Great, thanks. How'd you get playercorefactory.xml file? Hmm, I may even alter it later to have Kodi player certain items, and HiMedia player others.
copy with root explorer free in /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
Appreciate your help, but did not work... my Q5 4K unit has slightly different internals than pic you posted above. No thermal pads, heatsink looks little different, plus a couple of other minor differences. Must be an older (or different) hardware revision. This is why HiMedia and other Chinese companies suck big time... not only is there a Q5, a Q5 II and a Q5 4K (also referred to as Q5 III or IV), but at least two different Q5 4K variants!!! Talk about confusing customers, forcing them to rely on forums like this to fend for themselves (with no official support), and with APK's and ZIP's littered on different sites to get the player to even work as advertised! HiMedia may just have a good player in whatever variant of Q5, but I'm already pissed at this company!

So, with the hardware version I have, the wrapper APK refuses to install no matter what I try, and manually adding the playercorefactory.xml file to Kodi does nothing. It breaks playback altogether, where neither Kodi's player nor the HiMedia player launched. Why? Because the XML references com.himedia.xbmcwrapper, which failed to install in the first place. The Dolby Atmos patch won't install either, probably due to hardware revision issue as well.

I had mistakenly double-ordered this player (2 different China sources, iandroidtvbox.com and niking-niking (ebay)). Should have the one from that ebay source next week. I'm already fretting what hardware revision it will turn out to be... this must be what it's like to play Russian Roulette lite. Maybe the only way ensure getting the proper Q5 version is Futeko via UK.

Update: About to toss in the towel on the Q5 unit I have, I stumbled upon a different himediaWrapper.apk on a Chinese forum. Had to used Google Translate. Figured why not and tried it, and it worked! HiMedia player now launches when playing videos from Kodi! The Dolby ATMOS patch is still a no-go, but this isn't a dealbreaker for me.

BTW, there are 3 different versions of the himediaWrapper APK. The version that worked for me is himediaWrapper_user.apk. Found it here.

Anyway, I can finally begin testing... will report back tomorrow!
My Family Room Theater
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HiMedia Q53