Solved Missing MSVCP100.dll on Kodi.
I had the same problem on a new installation of Windows. I Googled the issue and downloaded and installed Visual C++ 2010 as recommended by some others and it fixed the issue for me.
(2014-11-03, 17:07)Martijn Wrote: iirc it sometimes happens and has something to do with some wireless implementation?
not sure if it's the same issue but once in a while we have a user that is missing a certain DLL

that was a different dll and winxp only problem iirc
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Found it. It was the wlanapi.dll
So different story.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I noticed this error too on a fresh win 8.1 x64 / Kodi alpha 2-11-14, although kodi still runs. Will try installing the redist packages mentioned in this thread.
The installer already should install those. So maybe we are facing something really strange with win8.1 here?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Mine is W7 ultimate, fresh install
from the blog post
Quote:Trying to install and run Kodi but whenever I run it I get an error message “Un oh, can’t load sqlite3.dll” and “The program can’t start because MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer. Try re-installing the program to fix this problem”

Up until an hour ago I was running XBMC 13.2 with no problems, I uninstalled it and downloaded Kodi instead – can’t start it though.

Any idea’s how to fix this and run Kodi?

*Windows 64 8.1
why are people unchecking options when installing?
seriously we should just force install those deps and ignore all who complains that they can't uncheck it. Just force install all like other platforms.
(or some one needs to care enough for adding a check if it's actually installed already. looked into it but didn't thought it is worth the effort)
The only items I unchecked were the ones I usually do with a windows install - pvr addons that I don't use, leaving only mythtv (in this case I left pvr.mythtv, prior versions I left cmyth.myth). X64 windows seems to be the common denominator.
He refers to the quote from the blog post. Missing MSVCR120.dll indicates that the user didn't install the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (which is part of our installer and can be deselected).
(2014-11-04, 01:05)Memphiz Wrote:
(2014-11-03, 17:07)Martijn Wrote: iirc it sometimes happens and has something to do with some wireless implementation?
not sure if it's the same issue but once in a while we have a user that is missing a certain DLL
that was a different dll and winxp only problem iirc

"Missing wlanapi.dll" usually happens with Windows Server editions, where "Wireless Lan Service" feature is not installed by default. In client editions of Windows it is installed and not even removable.

- Easy fix is to install "Wireless Lan Service" feature. Service (WLAN AutoConfig in Win 2012 R2) doesn't have to be running.
- If that is not possible/wanted, "hacky fix" is to copy wlanapi.dll from another Windows computer to Kodi installation folder. Windows "generations" must match if copying is done from client version of Windows: Win 8 64bit -> Server 2012, etc.. I personally don't like copying extra dll's to %windir%\system32 folder, but that should work too.

(Sorry for of topic discussion, but this has happenend more than a couple of times with me and some of my nerdy friends. Smile)
Kodi @ Windows Server 2012 R2 | Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter
(2014-11-01, 20:07)FernetMenta Wrote: Do you have MSVCP100.dll in c:\Windows\system32 ? If so which version?

No MSVCP100.dll in that dir, or C:\Windows\SysWOW64. Windows search shows it only in Mozilla Firefox and Nvidia Corportaion folders in c:\program files (x86).

Log file of Kodi running after error message: http://pastebin.com/NSc8ANZv

I reinstalled the 4-11 build, selected "Full Install" and during install I saw the installer installing 2008, 2010 + 2013 Visual C++ redistrubutables (I installed twice to be sure I saw them all) but I still get the error. Log file with 4-11 build: http://pastebin.com/CJ8frQnT
Just thought I should mention that I have the same issue when starting kodi.
No MSVCP100.dll in c:\Windows\system32

I have a fresh install of Win 7 Pro 64 bit version.
Selected "full install" during installation (kodi-14.0-Helix beta1.exe).

Everything I've tried so far has been working though. Well, except XBMC backup that is. Neither backup nor restore works.
Yep same issue here with Kodi 14.0 full install, keep getting these errors MSVCR120.dll missing and uh oh can't load sqlite3.dll exiting. Tried two fresh downloads and install but get the same error messages, running win7 ultimate 64bit.
Typo:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...r.nsi#L386
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2014-11-07, 19:22)WiSo Wrote: Typo:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...r.nsi#L386

fixed now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing MSVCP100.dll on Kodi.0