Hide upnp source in latest Helix builds
Please add option to hide upnp sources in file view
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5492
Its not nice to have unwanted upnp sources in file view.
A example is music servers in Videos, Files view. I can see 3 of my Sonos speakers there now and my kids Windows 7 machine Sad

I did try to hide them in advancedsettings.xml but could not find a way.
files is just what it says, files. it's should only be used for accessing/adding new shares or setting content.
many, many people asked it to be added. sorry but adding another option for hiding it makes it way to complex to maintain

that file view window is already on the nomination for a long time to be removed and replaced by something better.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Too bad if i dont wont to scan my library every time i add a new video file. Takes time on Rpi for example
I confirm, it's really annoying, my library is fully organised on the file structure level, thus i only use the file browser, the internal library does not allow the same organisation and the directory/file structure is the only option compatible with differents mediaplayers (i use XBMC/Kodi but also Popcorn, WDLive,... all configured to browse the same NAS and directory/file structure through NFS or SMB).

When you have a lot of computers on the network it's really becomed difficult to use, my real sources are now hidden in the middle of 20+ upnp shares that i do not want, i have new shares appearing under my mouse pointer when i try to click on a share,...

upnp/dlna client should be an option like upnp/dlna server.
That has been added, as noted by the pull request that OP linked to. It's also been mostly documented on the wiki. I say "mostly" because many users are likely to over look that this feature is being described, but all you need to know is there. I don't think there is a way to set this in the GUI, but what you can do is edit the sources.xml file to prevent a source form showing up in UPnP or HTTP: sources.xml (wiki):

EDIT: Never mind, I misunderstood.
Wait, this is on the client side? Wtf?
Yeah, this should not have been added to Helix. Not only are we supposed to be a a feature freeze, but UPnP sources shouldn't be on the root level of the file view. File view is not just for adding things for the library.
I agree... that UPnP sources show up automaticaly on the root level of "Add Source..." or on a specific sublevel "UPnP Sources" would be great, but not on the root level of the file view... the permanent appearing/disapearing of a lot of different useless sources on the root level is really not the way to do it...

It looks maybe correct on a small network, but really not on a large one (i have 5 NAS, each one appearing 3x : 1x as manually added NFS source, 2x as automaticaly added UPnP/DLNA sources + 10 Windows Computers, it means a list of up to 25 sources constantly changing, and for me it's still a small network, not a large one, think about a network with 50+ computers...).

The root level of the file view should remain a file view option and not the root level of the adding source option...
It's been taken out for Helix. Hopefully I didn't piss off Montellese too much and he adds it in for v15, along with a network node to contain it rather than being on the "root" level. It really is a neat feature to have, but it just needed that network node.
And please make a option to hide it in advancedsettings.xml
<excludefromlisting>
<regexp>myUPNP</regexp>

Or something...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide upnp source in latest Helix builds0