Where are the rest of the America/* time zone names?
The Olson database timezone name for my locality is America/Shiprock.

But that's not an option when I go to Settings->Appearance->International->Timezone. Only the more common America/* Olson TZ names are listed, like America/Denver, which is close but not the same. Also, NONE of the US/* time zone names are listed, such as US/Mountain.

Why is the GUI time zone list abbreviated so as to prevent my selecting the right time zone name?

May I try to fix that list, and also submit a patch to the developers to help myself and others in the future, too?

Thanks!
There are 4 timezones in the continental USA, can you not find one that is right? or is an issue with DST?
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
For most people, of course -- answering "which one of the four" is plenty good enough.

But no two of the Olson zones are actually duplicates, even if many are "essentially the same" to most people. I just happen to care about the difference.

Besides, I see that Kodi already lists many, many more zones for its "United States" menu than just the four. I can't imagine that including the remaining ones would break anything.

In any case -- no worries either way, friend. I'm not here asking for anybody to do anything. I'm just hoping to learn whether the rest of the zone names really are in there somewhere, or if there's something else going on to contend with.

Thanks for responding nevertheless!
Found it! In guisettings.xml, setting
Code:
<timezone>America/Shiprock</timezone>
seems to work just fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where are the rest of the America/* time zone names?0