Win Kodi 14.0 / 14.1 - very slow start
^^
This is a completely different issue (now solved), on completely different Hardware (Intel Graphics....)
Another hand up here. Kodi Beta 1 is slower to start and slightly sluggish to navigate.
Information 
I think i found the issue, at least for my setup. After the clean install i'm always copying my xml files, Advanced Setting, Sources,.... This time i did not copy the files and the start was as expected, even after a restart of my maschine. As soon as i copied the files the performance in Kodi was poor again.

The issue is caused by the loglevel setting in my advanced setting. I removed the tag and the problem is gone, when i add it it's back again, even with an empty DB. I noticed that there seems to be more than usual logging. Actually i think the root cause is different, because why is Kodi only slow for the first run after my maschine starts and not all the time? Its not just the start, but also the entire GUI Performance.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <loglevel>3</loglevel>
    <videolibrary>
        <dateadded>0</dateadded>
        <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
        <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
    </videolibrary>
    <musiclibrary>
        <hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
        <itemseparator> | </itemseparator>
    </musiclibrary>
    <video>
        <adjustrefreshrate>
            <override>
                <fpsmin>23.00</fpsmin>
                <fpsmax>23.99</fpsmax>
                <refresh>24.00</refresh>
            </override>
            <override>
                <fpsmin>29.96</fpsmin>
                <fpsmax>30.01</fpsmax>
                <refresh>60.00</refresh>
            </override>
            <override>
                <fpsmin>47.00</fpsmin>
                <fpsmax>49.99</fpsmax>
                <refresh>50.00</refresh>
            </override>        
        </adjustrefreshrate>
    </video>
    <videoextensions>
        <add>.mk3d</add>
    </videoextensions>    
</advancedsettings>

I will create a ticket and attach all the logs
Fileservers:
Core i5 2500k, 16 GB RAM, Areca 1280ML 24x RAID Controller, 4x 2TB Samsung HDD, 6x 500 GB Samsung HDD, VM ESXi 4.1, Windows 7 x64
Synology Diskstation 2413+, 6x 6 TB WD RED, 6x 3 TB WD RED

My PC:
Intel Core i7 2600K, 16 GB RAM, 240 GB SSD, Geforce GTX660, Windows 7 x64

HTPC:
Zotac ZBOX ID91, 8 GB RAM, 64 GB Crucial M4 SSD, Windows 7 x64
see what log settings are active in the settings window.
there was an issue with component logging that has been corrected now
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-11-09, 12:42)Martijn Wrote: ...
there was an issue with component logging that has been corrected now

I've disabled component logging, but no difference.
Will test a clean install tomorrow, but without copying "userdata"..
PS: It seems there are different issues.
For me, Kodi starts just very slowly, but the Gui performance is good and far away from laggy/sluggish
I checked the settings: Component logging was enabled incl. CEC logging. I disabled both but is does not help. You mentioned that its corrected now: is it already in the nightlies?. I'm using 14.0-BETA2 Git:20141109-4df0ac9
Fileservers:
Core i5 2500k, 16 GB RAM, Areca 1280ML 24x RAID Controller, 4x 2TB Samsung HDD, 6x 500 GB Samsung HDD, VM ESXi 4.1, Windows 7 x64

My PC:

HTPC:
I had that also up to Beta1 but it seems to work much faster in Beta 2. Nice work Team Kodi.
Here's a new debug log with beta 2 installed, and component logging disabled.

Quote:PS: It seems there are different issues.
For me, Kodi starts just very slowly, but the Gui performance is good and far away from laggy/sluggish

I have the exact same experience as vel2000. All the other posts in this thread seem to be unrelated.
anyone else willing to have a look? all previous versions of XBMC worked as expected, this behavior only started with the alpha's.... although I'm not sure what Alpha at the time I started with, but nonetheless the beta's have the same behavior.
I made a check with my installation. I'm starting Kodi via task scheduler. Everytime my HTPC account logs in Kodi is started. I noticed that the start took 31 sec. (Login-Screen of Windows till Home screen of Kodi). I disabled the task scheduler. I started Kodi manually after the SSD stoppped flashing. Overall time from login in screen till homescreen is 11 sec.

So I would agree, there's an issue, but I'm not sure if its related to Kodi or Task Scheduler.

I'll try to setup and XBMC version and maybe also one of the pre-alpha's

Kodi with autostart (check the timestamps)
http://www.minten.eu/XBMC/kodi_autostart.log

Kodi manually started after login
http://www.minten.eu/XBMC/kodi_manual_st...estart.log

You can see there's a huge difference depending on how Kodi is started.
and i also just noticed when directly starting Kodi manually, my performance issue while browsing the library is also gone. So i'm pretty sure its related to how Kodi is started.
Fileservers:

My PC:

HTPC:
And another update: i disabled the task scheduler and used the autostart folder of Window instead. I created a short cut and its also working now as expected.

Really, really strange
Fileservers:

My PC:

HTPC:
@kopierwitchtel: thats why I don't think your issue is the same as mine.

Furthermore, I can narrow the slow start down between Helix Alpha 3 (starts quick) and Alpha 4 (starts slow). I notice the mirrors only go back to Oct 18th, is there any chance I can grab any nighties before then to narrow down where the issue started?
I also have this problem, when starting kodi manually with a shortcut it starts fast but starting it with eventghost or the taskplaner it takes much longer.

Manual shortcut
http://paste.ubuntu.com/9063393/

Eventghost
http://paste.ubuntu.com/9063394/

Both times with -p switch.
I'm having the same issue; 13.2 starts instantaneously, but 14.0 beta 5 takes about 25 seconds to launch on an i7/16gb/win8.1 x64/nvidia rig in portable mode.

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/0pUQdKen (this was when I tried DirectSound instead of Wasapi, just to rule that out as a factor, which made no difference)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14.0 / 14.1 - very slow start0