Yeelight service / add on
Hello,

is there an Yeelight service addon out there?

Or anyone want to add it to ambilight for example?

http://www.yeelight.com/download/yeeligh...e_v1.0.pdf
+1
Thread moved to add-on requests
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Looking for the same thing here.
I've ordered 2.

Would be awesome if there would be a plugin to use them with cinema automation (movie plays = lights fade out; movie stops=lights fade on)
HTPC
Kodi: 15.1 Isengard
Mainboard with CPU: MSI E350IA-E45,
RAM: Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3 Kit (KVR1066D3S8N7K2/4G)
HDD: 64GB SSD Samsung MZ-7PC064D
Case: C+ CS-160 Mini-ITX
That is possible through python library: https://yeelight.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ , but it would be even more cool if these light could be used as cheap ambilights....
(2017-03-24, 16:04)DaLanik Wrote: That is possible through python library: https://yeelight.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ , but it would be even more cool if these light could be used as cheap ambilights....

Thank you.

How do you want to use them as ambilight? I thought ambilight is behind the tv on every side and the hole lenght.
Using a bulb wouldn't be on the spot.
Please correct me if i am wrong.

I have a windows 10 pc running kodi.
I have heard of python but never did anything with it.
Do i need special tools to run it and do you know how to implement that in kodi?
HTPC
Kodi: 15.1 Isengard
Mainboard with CPU: MSI E350IA-E45,
RAM: Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3 Kit (KVR1066D3S8N7K2/4G)
HDD: 64GB SSD Samsung MZ-7PC064D
Case: C+ CS-160 Mini-ITX
Python is built in Kodi, all addons are in python. So that shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, it is on every side of TV but just by puting a light behind the tv cabinet i.e. you could achieve similar effect, or using 3 bulbs behind TV etc. But yeelight has more products than just a bulb there is yeelight strip which could be used for exactly this pupose.
Ordered one couple of days ago... so I'll be playing with it once it arrives Smile

Sent from my N7100
i follow.... if you put on an addon/program/service or what you want i'll buy a couple ;-)
Peppe
Smile Smile They're pretty cheap and Xiaomi claims they should last 11 years... if they last 5 years for 16$ a piece it is a bargain! Smile According to docs it uses something for communication that really resembles JSON and it that is the case, it shouldn't be a problem to implement an addon. If not, then there's the python library which could be used. We'll see in a couple of weeks..
so you bought the ones with white light. they are about 18€ on amazon.
No, it is the one with color light; 16$ plus 1$ for slightly faster shipping...

I am working on it "blind" we'll see when the bulb arrives... Smile

Looking great Dalibor, looking forward to trying Smile
So the bulb arrived, the real work can begin! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yeelight service / add on1