Yeelight service / add on
Great,

Let me know If You need a beta tester Smile
I made some progress... Smile Finaly all integrated in 1 addon, running live... still a long way to go (I need to implement brightness, i.e.) but a step ahead Smile

A test showing a simple 1 color video and light bulb in the back changing color to the screen. There is a visible delay, but once I make it work I can fine-tune it (I hope so) Smile

Wow man this is great, I think it's already very reactive, but If You can make it faster then it will be awesome. Smile

If I understand correctly, It will use the most common color of the screen.

Can You please show us how it works for example with a movie trailer and maybe use the lightstrip Smile

I noticed that my lightstrip can't do a proper cyan and light blue color, so my question is that the bulb has a better color reproduction?

I ask You because You possess both, so maybe You can check it.

Thank You I really appreciate Your time and effort to make this happen

Keep up the good work Smile
+1 for the trailer Rofl
(2017-05-25, 17:27)FlashD Wrote: If I understand correctly, It will use the most common color of the screen.

Yes

(2017-05-25, 17:27)FlashD Wrote: Can You please show us how it works for example with a movie trailer and maybe use the lightstrip Smile

It doesn't still work very well because there is no brightness factor Smile As soon as I put it in I'll check. Right now when I play a film it is mostly white, except when there's like grass/trees so it goes green or sky so it goes blue, but for normal indor scenes it is mostly white because it is simply too bright.

(2017-05-25, 17:27)FlashD Wrote: I noticed that my lightstrip can't do a proper cyan and light blue color, so my question is that the bulb has a better color reproduction?
I ask You because You possess both, so maybe You can check it.

Sure, as soon as I make more demending stuff Smile

(2017-05-25, 17:27)FlashD Wrote: Thank You I really appreciate Your time and effort to make this happen

Glad someone does Smile

D.
OK, a real video test Smile Pretty useless for the time being Sad It kinda works but I need to make a setup with 2 builbs, at least left/rigtht, when I play a film it always averages to near-white color... got it to look at least a bit OK with this Ambilight test video... but there are huge delays sometimes...

Wow, I must say I'm very impressed!

I never thought that it will be so dynamic. Great job man !!!

Yes, sometimes is stuck in, but if You can resolve that issue, then this will be the best Ambilight addon for Kodi, no doubt about that. Smile

I saw a lot of videos on YouTube with Hue and Lifx addons but none of them was so dynamic.

The colors are pale with almost every movie, You can check original Philips Ambilight TV videos with movies they are show on average pale colors (shade of light blue,violet,green, and earth colors like brown,beige,yellow).

Of course when You play a colorful video for example a cartoon, then it will be more colorful, not just pastel colors.

And the other think is that these Yeelight products doesn't have such a wide color reproduction capability.

I want to use my Lightstrip somehow like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ht6f-KzIJQ

I can't wait for the release of this awesome addon. Smile

Thanks again for Your efforts! Smile

Have a nice day
Hello,

Any update?

Thanks
Nope, I am having problems all of a sudden.... if I may link to another forum...

http://forum.yeelight.com/t/cant-turn-mu...de-on/1277
Ahh That's unfortunate... Sad

I just checked the yeelight forum.

Did the last suggestion by "weiwei" resolved the problem or it's still not working?
Seems it did!!!! Smile Smile Yey! Smile
Hurray Smile

May I ask You about the progression of this project? 20% or 50% maybe 80%? Big Grin

Thanks and have a nice day
Still testing... huge delays... don't know how to improve it. Wish I was more skilled in python Smile
Did you saw this python script?

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/signa.../ambixi.py

Maybe You will find it useful. It's pretty fast as You can see here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvGblW3I3LU

Let me know...
It is getting data differently... from some hardware maybe, that is different....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yeelight service / add on1