• 37(current)
Sumvision Cyclone X4
Has anyone attempted to install kszaq's MXQ build on a TV110?
(2016-05-30, 10:41)bobones Wrote: I'm pretty sure tar update method will work if you already have OE on the box, so you can just copy tar image to \\openelec\update and reboot
Hi bob, where can we get the Tar file?
Getting:

sh: can't access tty: job control turned off

message when trying to update via Tar.
Never mind, just needed another reboot.

Running 7.0.2.7 and it is very nice and smooth! Big Grin
Liking this LE build very much. Only problem that I care about (and it's very minor), is that the LED does not change colour between on (blue) and off (red) like on previous OE builds.
Hi all,

So I have looked through this excellent and extensive thread..... but I cant get anything to work.... i have downloaded some of the software, put it onto both SD and USB and tried to reboot... opened up the device to press the reset button.... but nothing....

Any other thoughts guys? I plug in the power, it changes from red to blue, and then it just sits at the 'Sumvision' (white writing on black background) screen..... and nothing else will happen.

It seems completely impossible to communicate with it......
Are you hitting the remotes home button repeatedly on startup?
Yup.... tried that I'm afraid.....
Question transferred to Cyclone X4 theread...

(2017-04-10, 23:18)TonyGreenall Wrote: Hello to anyone on here who could possibly point me in the right direction to sorting out my android tv box (sumvision cyclone X 4)
I've had trouble free viewing for almost 2 yrs .. the other day when I switched on all I got is the SUMVISION logo on black screen ... nothing else.
I have unplugged it .. and plugged it back in but its still the same.

you can probably guess from my request that I'm not a Techy...any simple fix or advice would be massively appreceited.

(2016-05-30, 10:41)bobones Wrote:
(2016-05-30, 07:56)Midnight63 Wrote: Wow gr8 find bobones.

Any chance of drop boxing the correct files and a short how to?

Thanks

OK, here's what I use. Copy these files to an SD card and boot box into recovery either by continuously pressing menu button or issuing a 'reboot recovery' from shell. Once in TWRP, go to Install menu and add LibreELEC update.zip AND bootloader.zip as additional file. (You need a USB keyboard/mouse to operate TWRP)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s7teke25tpm9i...AYLZa?dl=0

Once LibreELEC is installed, set up network and copy the remote.conf file into \\libreelec\configfiles or \\IP.address.of.box\configfiles (only needed first time)

Basically, it's the same technique as I use for Kerber's OE.

I haven't tried flashing using the normal method (zip file and aml script) - it may work, but I know the TWRP and original boot loader is safe.

Neither have I tried it on second generation X4, but kszaq has a workaround for disp_cap which should fix black screen problem see http://sx05.eu/utils/disp_cap_hack/

Check here for latest files http://sx05.eu/libreelec/ (use MXQ)

I'm pretty sure tar update method will work if you already have OE on the box, so you can just copy tar image to \\openelec\update and reboot 
Hi Bobones,

Thanks for this, works great. I see there are now later builds available here https://sx05.eu/s805/8.2.1.1/

Should I use the same process to update to the latest build? Or will just copying the MXQ file to the update directory work? I see your image was an update image, but there is not an update image in the directory I posted. Is it OK to use the full image, or do I have to do something special to create an update one?
Smile 
Just done a tar update to 8.2.1.1 and it seems to have worked!
(2017-12-10, 13:29)frediokl Wrote: Just done a tar update to 8.2.1.1 and it seems to have worked!
OK Spoke too soon! No audio from some addons. Youtube works but others not Sad
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sumvision Cyclone X42