• 4(current)
Sumvision Cyclone X4
Just found this post, i am look to aswell try and get a mxlinux flavour onto this box, ive messed around for a while now but could.nt work out how to start the flashing process, the instructions on the webpage dont appear to work though, ive downloaded their firmware just to test the flashing process and that doesnt work either Sad

Could the menu button be mapped to a keyboard key so that you could use a physical keyboard to interrupt the boot process because them remote's are so unreliable to start off with i dont think that helps.

I am willing to break this box in the interest of getting mxlinux onto it if anyone has any suggestion? lol
Right then a willing guinea pig!

The flashing process described on the Sumvision page has worked for me a few times now: just insert the power cable and at the same time keep pressing the menu key until the recovery menu appears. If you have a recovery image on the micro SD card, it will boot to that recovery. This is how you run twrp recovery image or root the box.

There is only one linux based build that I have found which will potentially work on this box and that's this one http://amlinux.ru/img/OpenELEC-4.95.1-tv...2-TEST.zip discussed here http://xbmc.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=4587

It is an OpenELEC port to the TV110 based on Codesnake's work for the M8/S802

Croniccorey's MX Linux will not work on this box and Stane's AMLinux has not been ported to this box either. I think the best hope is for either Stane or Codesnake to put some work into their software specifically for this board.

Now, as far as I can tell, the X4 is very closely related to the TV110 and MQX but I haven't been so brave to try flashing any alternative firmware. If you want to try the OpenELEC image I linked to then put the recovery image used to root the box alongside the zip file on an SDcard (not usb) and try the menu key thing.

Let us know how yet get on!
mickypc, I had to start pressing the button on the remote AFTER applying power to the box. If you start pressing the remote before, it just boots normally.
I sure am a willing guinea pig....... i have a good supplier who will take it back if i screw it up Wink

I will try that build first then, the only other build i was going to try was the one for the ATV1200
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=180446

As for the SDcard not USB, thats exactly what i thought but i was taking sumvisions word for it but ill use the SD instead

Thanks for that D-an-W i will try that right new and post results Smile

Which recovery image are you referring too bobones?
Don't waste your time with the ATV1200 version - it definitely won't work on this box. I'm using it on a Sumvision X2 though and it's pretty great.

The USB is fine for the flashing the factory firmware, but the inbuilt recovery can only be used for images that have been signed correctly. To load an unsigned image you need to load an alternative recovery from the SD. The image used in rooting the box or TWRP for the TV110 here will work http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...Acemax-MXQ

Recovery for rooting box is at http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...post250371
I dont know what i am doing wrong, i made the zip file rom.zip placed the recovery for the tv110 on the sd and the contents of the openelec build.

all i have at the min is a blue teamwin screen and i doesnt to appear to be doing anything, i can reboot the box and it just reverts back to the sumvision screen
You need to have a USB mouse plugged in to use TWRP. Try the other recovery image from freaktab. Format your SD as fat32 and just copy the recovery.img file and the OpenELEC-4.95.1-tv110-20141112-TEST.zip to the SD. Make sure you have a USB keyboard plugged in to move in the recovery menu
Do i need to extract the openelec zip?
No, just select the zip from the ext/sdcard update menu in recovery.
im not getting that with any of the TWRP recovery images you said to download, it just stops on a blue screen and doesnt progress, unless im doing something stupidly wrong here which is probs the case Sad
Must be something wrong with your sdcard: try reformatting it and make sure you clean eject it from your PC. The second recovery I said to download is not TWRP: it is a standard android recovery. If nothing works try a different SD card.
scrap that ive flashed it with openelec.......... and the results are........ openelec xbmc installed, i will now test playback and other features

success...... i have installed, its extreeeeeemly quick, ive added youtube plugin and play a vid and its ran playing a quality amazing........ does anyone know how to map the remote buttons though?
F**k yeah! Awesome!

! I'd start by seeing if I could use the remote.conf file from the android release in the openelec one, but give me a bit of time and I'll have a go myself.

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for this being a viable install as it is just a test release and we really need someone to keep developing it and getting rid of the bugs
yeah, the software itself is pretty stable, was trying to get back yo android just incase and had no luck unfortunately, but not to worry, if i hammer away at this i might get lucky with the remote and it will be fine. i have tried that with no avail Sad
AH another thing...... no wifi!!!

oh.... i lied, found it and working fine Smile
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sumvision Cyclone X42