• 5(current)
Sumvision Cyclone X4
You folks have been busy overnight it seems!
Flashed mine last night and it looks very promising! LiveTV, h/w decoding, passthrough audio all working. Blazingly fast too. I started mapping the stock remote and got most of it right but bizarrely cannot get the down key to work! Need to spend more time on it, but this looks like a keeper!
Can I ask what you flashed with eventually?
You need to tell me how you got the stock remote mapping? because once i manage that im gonna flash them all with this Smile

We've used the openelec image here

http://amlinux.ru/img/OpenELEC-4.95.1-tv...2-TEST.zip

and the recovery image here

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...Acemax-MXQ

I used the tv110 image file and it worked a treat
Micky, I haven't had enough time to perfect this so it needs 2 files

/storage/.config/remote.conf
Code:
#*******************************************************************************
#this file is configuration for each factory remote device
#       work_mode         0 :software mode  1 :hardware mode
#       repeat_enable     0 :disable repeat 1 :enable repeat
#
#       factory_code      each device has it's unique factory code.
#                         pattern:custom_code(16bit)+index_code(16bit)
#                         examble: 0xff000001 = 0xff00(custom cod)  0001 (index)
#
#       release_delay     unit:ms.release will report from kernel to user layer
#                         from press or repeat triggered.
#
#       debug_enable      0 :debug disable  1 :debug disable
#
# SW MODE:
#       bit_count         how many bits in each frame
#       tw_leader_act     time window for leader active
#       tw_bit0           time window for bit0 time.
#       tw_bit1           time window for bit1 time
#       tw_repeat_leader  time window for repeat leader
# REG
#       reg_base_gen      set value for PREG_IR_DEC_BASE_GEN
#       reg_control       set value for PREG_IR_DEC_CONTROL
#       reg_leader_act    set value for PREG_IR_DEC_LEADER_ACTIVE
#       reg_leader_idle   set value for PREG_IR_DEC_LEADER_IDLE
#       reg_repeat_leader set value for PREG_IR_DEC_REPEAT_IDLE
#       reg_bit0_time     set value for PREG_IR_DEC_BIT0_TIME
#*******************************************************************************
#amlogic NEC remote
factory_code    = 0xfe010001
work_mode               = 0
repeat_enable = 1
repeat_delay = 40
repeat_peroid = 39
release_delay   =       121
debug_enable    = 1

fn_key_scancode    = 0x04
left_key_scancode  = 0x47
right_key_scancode = 0x15
up_key_scancode    = 0x46
down_key_scancode  = 0x16
ok_key_scancode    = 0x55
pageup_key_scancode = 0x9a
pagedown_key_scancode = 0xcd

key_begin
                0x04 128
                0x16 108
                0x18 31
                0x1A 119
                0x56 125
                0x57 125
                0x1F 125
                0x5B 125
                0x3C 122
                0x4F 123
                0x14 114
                0x10 115
                0x06 102
                0x40 158
                0x46 103
                0x47 105
                0x15 106
                0x55 28
                0x17 46
                0x54 2
                0x48 3
                0x07 4
                0x50 5
                0x12 6
                0x11 7
                0x4C 8
                0x0E 9
                0x0D 10
                0x0C 11
                0x08 113
                0x4B 14
key_end

and /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/gen.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<keymap>
        <!--This file is automatically generated by Keymap Editor, do not edit.-
        <global>
                <keyboard>
                        <key id="61525">down</key>
                        <key id="61576">info</key>
                </keyboard>
        </global>
        <fullscreenvideo>
                <keyboard>
                        <key id="61507">playpause</key>
                </keyboard>
        </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

The old android home key is now "info", the mouse key is now "stop" and the menu key is play/pause in full screen video

I used putty to logon to the box with SSH username root password openelec. I copied the original remote.conf to remote.conf-orig and tested changes with amremote_config remote.conf

dmesg -c allows you to see the key codes when you press the remote

note also that if you power off the box then you can't power it back on with the remote
Exellent, I will be trying this tonight when I get in, did you manage to resolve the down button?
Yes, but only by using the keymap editor in xbmc. For some reason, putting the correct code in remote.conf didn't work, but I didn't really have time to look into it. With those 2 files I posted, all the buttons on the stock remote are working and doing something useful! I'm now at work so I can't really do any more testing.

I must say I am surprised at how well this OpenELEC test ROM is working: The only major problem I've noticed is that the preview window in livetv is off centre, but it's the same in Android and Koying has got a fix for it. Also some addons beginning with an "i" that can't be mentioned here are not yet compatible with some recent Kodi changes. I also read that only 720p is output, not 1080 and dmesg shows a lot of repeated driver errors. If I were you, I'd do a bit more testing before rushing in to flash a whole load of boxes!

Edit: BTW, the files needed to map the remote are available over SMB on Windows at \\openelec\configfiles and \\openelec\userdata\keymaps which might be easier than doing it from PuTTY so just type \\openelec into a windows explorer address bar to see all the shares.
thanks, ive just put those 2 files onto the box, dmesg is seeing the keypresses but kodi isnt.

Is there something ive done wrong?
Did you either restart the box or run "amremote_config remote.conf" from the .config folder?
Hi again. i managed to get that working by installing the Keymap program and mapping them again... so all sorted. messed about for ages and found it to be working pretty well.

Ive then went to flash another one to replicate it and ive now hit a problem, teamwin came up fine, selected the zip no problem, went through the flashing ok, rebooted and now all i have is a grey screen, ive rebooted 100 times, ive tried the hard reset button on bottom to try and reflash but the button has no effect at all, are you aware of a way of getting back to the flashing menu? or bu taking the stock firmware off have we remove that feature alltogether.
Sorry mate I don't know. I think you might be able to create a bootable sdcard, but you'll need to find the details for yourself. Have a look around on the freaktab site and maybe ask there.
Thats no problem mate, just thought id ask
I hope you manage to revive the second box mickypc!

Does the fact OpenELEC will install on this box negate the need for root (Even though we now have it)?
OpenELEC is a Linux type system which doesn't restrict your privileges so you already have root without worrying about it.
@mickypc Did you manage to fix that second box? I've now learned that you can get into recovery from OpenELEC by running "reboot recovery" from the command line. Also Kerber today posted another build with 14.0-RC1. I updated my box simply by putting the tar file in the update folder and rebooting. Seems to be working great and the "no dvfs driver" bug is gone.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sumvision Cyclone X42