Kodi Beta 1 bight areas of screen flicker on playback
I upgraded to Kodi Beta 1 and have noticed on all my videos that there is very noticeable flicker on bright areas of the picture intermittently. Even when video is paused. I am using a sony bravia tv and the other sources are fine so it is not the backlight going. I downgraded back down to kodi Alpha 4 and it is fine again. Could it be to do with the FFmpeg 2.4 upgrade?
I'm having the same issues on Kodi beta for PC. I've tried changing my output settings but it's till a problem. It's HDMI to a receiver then to a Panasonic plasma TV.

Is downgrading to the Alpha 4 the only fix?
Yep me too. It's kind of like a subtle strobe.
anyone have the alpha 4 exe or a place we can get it from

tried beta 1 and still get it' cant find an alpha 4 exe anywhere
same issue here... making me nuts. thought it was just my system...
Just installed last nights nightly and same issue still
why beta1 when beta2 is out and soon beta3? Please test those and report back if still happens
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Wouldn't todays nightly be the newest version?

BTW... came back to post my setup
i7 with a 260x radeon playing into a mitsubishi projector... just wondering if we might have a common hardware issue..
nightly is fine to try yes.
if still happens then please find which build does/doesn't work so they can narrow it down.

also please provide Debug Log on xbmclogs.com in case it happens
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Just for anyone looking in to this I find it most obvious in animated shows. Family guy is a good example.
Update to catalyst 14.9 and issue should go away.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2014-11-18, 22:27)bossanova808 Wrote: Update to catalyst 14.9 and issue should go away.
Cheers for that will give it a go.
Thanks.. that fixed it.. i thought i had the latest drivers in already, i was wrong Smile
I'm still using 13.12 due to poor OpenCL performance on the 14x versions. I guess this can't be fixed?
(2014-11-20, 08:56)StinDaWg Wrote: I'm still using 13.12 due to poor OpenCL performance on the 14x versions. I guess this can't be fixed?

I am also in a similar predicament as my gpu is old and the CCC support stopped at 13. However I have found a workaround: set the video rendering mode to software. So far I haven't had any more issues with flickering and haven't noticed any change in performance. Big Grin
Ya, it works fine in software, but then you lose DXVA-HQ (gpu vector adaptive) deinterlacing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Beta 1 bight areas of screen flicker on playback2