Best ZOTAC board/case available in Canada
Read the pinned threads, seemed like the ZOTAC D2700ITXS-A-E / Atom D2700 / Nvidia GT520M ($158) was about the best board out there. But I can't find it anywhere, it was a 2013 post so maybe that's why.

I'm in Toronto, want to have a Liinux distro, something like OpenELEC which I read is great. Looking to have a media server, networked to hook into my flat screen with HDMI.

Money is not really an issue. Anyone suggest a pre-built box, or board that has multiple USB, multiple HDMI, will support 32 gb sdcard, excellent video! Any good places in Toronto area where I can buy one, or Canadian online distributors?
chromebox by asus is available for $200 right now, but other people have said that it comes on sale now and then. It has 1 hdmi port and 1 display-port though.

If the one you want isn't available, it might never come back in stock. So I would just build my own mini itx. You can build an intel NUC usin the DN2820 barebones kit and it would come to around ~$250, but that box does not have multiple hdmi ports.

Since you want multiple HDMI, you can get the asus chromebox (or hp) and then get this adapter: http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/03/zotac...dmi-jacks/

Then you would have a total of 3 hdmi ports.
Have a look at the Zotac mini PC's, although they probably don't have multiple HDMI. I have a Zotac Ion that is a few years old (Atom 1800 + nVidia 9300) and it is fine. Motherboards don't last long on the market, so the one you are looking for is likely sold out. Intel and AMD release chipsets so frequently that the MB manufacturers seem to make a production run and then move on to the next generation.

Multiple HDMI could be a challenge and you my need to build your own. You might be able to find a MB with HDMI, VGA, and/or DVI, but with only one video card on board, you wold likely have the same signal on all three. You could always add a separate video card if you need two different displays.

I am a price conscious shopper in the Toronto area (Ajax). I have shopped online at Newegg, Tiger Direct, NCIX, Fortune, etc., but I almost always found that Canada Computers had the best pricing. I occasionally buy from Tiger if they have something that CC doesn't, but I probably buy >90% of my tech gear from CC. We have several PCs, HTPCs, a media server/NAS, VOIP, and a wireless/gigabit network, HD Homerun, several Android devices, a couple of ebook readers, bluetooth devices, etc., so we buy a lot of tech. I don't really bother to shop any more unless CC doesn't have it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best ZOTAC board/case available in Canada0