video audio quality question
it seemed a few of my movies had a better picture quality in vlc than it did with xbmc but the audio seemed to be worse.

I was wanting some opinions on how to get the best video and audio quality out of xbmc. i know how to call an external media player within xbmc if need be but i would like to do it all with xbmc. i have an idea on how filters and codecs work I am just lost on what to add or change in xbmc to get the best quality.

any help would be great
i think i figured it out with mpc-hc + madvr.
if something newer and fresher is best practice let me know.
thanks
Quote: xbmc but the audio seemed to be worse

Audio is handled lossless internally without any processing on our side (if you don't use sw volume). Turn on debuglogging play some tracks and tell us the output. If you miss some "DTS" icons on your receiver, configure your audio correctly for passthrough.

mpc-hc + madvr is not considered best practice.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
It's not been said, but from mention of mpc-hc + madvr I guess this is a Windows setup, in which case make sure to use one of the WASAPI device selections for best quality audio, avoid using Directsound if you can.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video audio quality question0