No media info (Movie/TV) in Custom Favourites for local folders
Hi,

another bug/pb with xTV-SAF 1.4.8 (same in 1.3.5) :

I moved all my medias files localy in my HTPC (previously they were in my home network) and customised my home screen with Customs Favourites for each of my medias folders but, when i browse in, there's no infos on my medias (like in library view) only a screenshot picture for each file.

I try a lot of things to ge back this (WAF) infos wih no succes until i remenber i had no pb previously with my folders shared.
So i shared my (local) medias folders on network and added them through smb and it worked.

So :

If i add a local video source (ex F:/Movies) and put it in a Custom Favourite i get a list of my files, in file mode, with no media info.

If i add the same local video source through smb (ex : smb://LocalPC/Movies) and put it in a Custom Favourite i get a list of my files, in film mode, with media infos (fanart, synopsis & Co).

Thanks.

Halbach.
(2014-11-09, 12:50)Halback Wrote: Hi,

another bug/pb with xTV-SAF 1.4.8 (same in 1.3.5) :

I moved all my medias files localy in my HTPC (previously they were in my home network) and customised my home screen with Customs Favourites for each of my medias folders but, when i browse in, there's no infos on my medias (like in library view) only a screenshot picture for each file.

I try a lot of things to ge back this (WAF) infos wih no succes until i remenber i had no pb previously with my folders shared.
So i shared my (local) medias folders on network and added them through smb and it worked.

So :

If i add a local video source (ex F:/Movies) and put it in a Custom Favourite i get a list of my files, in file mode, with no media info.

If i add the same local video source through smb (ex : smb://LocalPC/Movies) and put it in a Custom Favourite i get a list of my files, in film mode, with media infos (fanart, synopsis & Co).

Thanks.

Halbach.
Halback,

Sorry neither this or your previous issue is a skin bug as such. Basically you are swimming against the tide as far as using using 'File' mode instead of 'Library' mode. 'File' mode in fact is just a node of XBMC's database that shows you files at the filesystem level, so 'File' mode is just a sub type of 'Library' mode anyway.

In the case of the previous 'Issue' you pointed out, XBMC is not storing anything in the image part of the video database and so when it comes time to show an image in the file selector dialog there is nothing to show, so XBMC helpfully uses the Default image for image files (the two photo's icon).

The second issue in this post is basically the same problem. XBMC does not store any of the video info data for the local file system but does for the network file system, thus why you see video info for the smb video source , but not for the local video source.

So you could possibly call this a XBMC bug, although I'm not sure if the devs would feel the same way about that. All I can suggest is that you ask NICELY in a 'feature request' post in the appropriate forum if someone can/will be able to do something about this.

Best of luck
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Hi,

thank for the explanation.

Perhaps xTV-SAF could use the Movies or TV view when i enter my Folder(Local) through a Custom Favourites menu entry like it does if i browse from Home Menu to Videos/Files/Folder(Local) or Favourites/Folder(Local).
I don't know why but it switch automatically from Files mode to Movies or TV mode when i enter the Folder(Local).

For now i solved the (false) pb by using smb for my local folders.

Thanks.

Halback.
(2014-11-10, 16:49)Halback Wrote: Hi,

thank for the explanation.

Perhaps xTV-SAF could use the Movies or TV view when i enter my Folder(Local) through a Custom Favourites menu entry like it does if i browse from Home Menu to Videos/Files/Folder(Local) or Favourites/Folder(Local).
I don't know why but it switch automatically from Files mode to Movies or TV mode when i enter the Folder(Local).
Pretty sure I have no control over that, as mentioned before 'Files mode' is just a node of the video database (and a special case at that). You need to remember that it is XBMC that determines to a large degree what the skin can display. Other than the Home menu (where just about anything goes), the skin writer takes the information provided by XBMC and displays (or not if the skin writer chooses) that in a manner of their choosing. To display something from the video library nodes in the same manner as the video file node would involve a lot of hacky (and ultimately breakable) code and is just not worth the effort for such a small proportion of the user base.

Come to the dark side, we have cookies (and Sets and Tags and Playlists). I'm sure you can achieve what you are trying to do with one of the previous mentioned XBMC sanctioned methods to organise your library.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
I still use the filemode almost all the time. I've made a very specific sources.xml, that's basically the same for all kinds of sources and I configured under setting -> appearance -> skin settings -> media entry points for all librarys to be "files" where it was available. I do use the database functions a lot, have automated updates for some folders at night and I have movie posters, plot summaries etc.
maybe this is what you're looking for?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No media info (Movie/TV) in Custom Favourites for local folders0