• 122(current)
Kyra for Kodi
(2015-10-10, 12:25)rschiks Wrote: Because I store the Music fan art locally you don't need to place CD art in your music folder anymore.
The last thing I needed to do was to make the music fan art available in the remote control. That's done now.

Wonderful! Smile could you please explain more about the cdArt that you changed!? Didn't fully understand what you mean by no need to place cdArt in music folder anymore.
(2015-10-10, 20:37)Goliath2000 Wrote:
(2015-10-10, 12:25)rschiks Wrote: Because I store the Music fan art locally you don't need to place CD art in your music folder anymore.
The last thing I needed to do was to make the music fan art available in the remote control. That's done now.

Wonderful! Smile could you please explain more about the cdArt that you changed!? Didn't fully understand what you mean by no need to place cdArt in music folder anymore.

Normally it looks for cdart in your music folder and displays it. You can now select it from the select fan art menu. It will then make an entry in the local database. When an album is displayed and there's an entry in the local database it will use that one instead.
It will do the same for artist background, artist thumb and album cover.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Awaiting the Apple review of version 1.7 I started to work on the series extended info.
I have added the same info button in the remote control view I used for the movies. This button will bring you to the extended info of the series.
This is still a work in progress as a lot of info is still missing, but you can see where I am heading with this.

Hi,
I just started using the app and I'm currently comparing it to the other kodi remote apps.

I prefer the look and feel of KCC, but it seems to take forever to load (more than 60 seconds before the shows appear) with the data I'm testing it with (600+ tv series).

I see speed has been mentioned in the past as being an issue for larger collections, but that there's also a cache option if you upgrade to the pro version.

I note the official Kodi app doesn't have the same issues whilst doing the initial load.

Does the cache resolve the problem to a more manageable level? If not are there any plans to resolve it in the future?

Thanks
(2015-10-12, 11:53)lfletcher Wrote: Hi,
I just started using the app and I'm currently comparing it to the other kodi remote apps.

I prefer the look and feel of KCC, but it seems to take forever to load (more than 60 seconds before the shows appear) with the data I'm testing it with (600+ tv series).

I see speed has been mentioned in the past as being an issue for larger collections, but that there's also a cache option if you upgrade to the pro version.

I note the official Kodi app doesn't have the same issues whilst doing the initial load.

Does the cache resolve the problem to a more manageable level? If not are there any plans to resolve it in the future?

Thanks

The cache option in the Pro version saves the time for asking Kodi again about the series because it has written the data to local storage and will retrieve that. However, it still needs to parse the data again (that time depends on the speed of your device) once the data is loaded.
Once the series screen closes the data is removed from memory.

For the movies part I have added two options:
- cache the movies in memory and keep them in memory.
- change batch size when retrieving the movies (version 1.7). You can configure the number of movies retrieved in a single query.

Those option are not available for series yet (still have plans for that).

With a large collection there's also time lost in serialisation of the data on the Kodi side. This will be improved in Kodi 16.

The difference with other remote controls is that I ask Kodi for additional data, so that it's possible to do other things.
I have added more info to the episodes screen of the series info in the extended info:

@rschiks I love the work that you have done with the extended info Smile very beautiful
(2015-10-12, 17:18)Goliath2000 Wrote: @rschiks I love the work that you have done with the extended info Smile very beautiful

Thanks!

It's not done yet, but it's getting there..still have some ideas.
Good news. Version 1.7 just got approved and should be available any minute now.
rschiks great Smile
I don't want to be party popper but I found a few bugs. I will write them done for you soon. Over all very good job Richard! You have added a lot of new things Smile
(2015-10-12, 19:18)Goliath2000 Wrote: rschiks great Smile
I don't want to be party popper but I found a few bugs. I will write them done for you soon. Over all very good job Richard! You have added a lot of new things Smile

Ok, lets have them then. I can fix them in version 1.8, or if they are really serious, I can create version 1.7.1.
it should be down Smile not done..
maybe an idea to use meridius remote theme for the whole app as option ?
now its a little strange when switching from dash to remote if you use merdius theme on remote
This one is serious, From the home screen I selected Jurassic world from the carousal view and after that my iPad was completely dead! I had to reboot my iPad. I will see if I can reproduce it again...

EDIT: Yepp seems to happened every time.
(2015-10-12, 19:57)Goliath2000 Wrote: This one is serious, From the home screen I selected Jurassic world from the carousal view and after that my iPad was completely dead! I had to reboot my iPad. I will see if I can reproduce it again...

EDIT: Yepp seems to happened every time.

You mean from the dashboard?
  • 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8