• 50(current)
Kyra for Kodi
That's strange...see screen shot:

Proud owner of comics42.shop 
this is what I get when I select a tv show from my library

no poster or fanart

and this is what happens when I select the show from the ipad I get the fanart but no poster

also when I stop a show/movie I use tv tunes and the text is not right but if I close the app and reopen it, the line is now corrected.

remember I use a MySQL database on a server but each front end loads the info
Looking at the background of the first screen shot, I don't see a back ground from the series. I see the kcc logo. Why's that? It could also explain why you don't see a poster. Check within Kodi if there's a poster and background set.
Have you set it manually by using the fan art option? Because that would explain why the remote is not showing it.

I will fix the displaying wrong data, my bad.
(2015-06-21, 09:34)rschiks Wrote: Looking at the background of the first screen shot, I don't see a back ground from the series. I see the kcc logo. Why's that? It could also explain why you don't see a poster. Check within Kodi if there's a poster and background set.

And that last two screen shots, you're playing an mp3. A mp3 has no poster or fan art.

Looking at the background of the first screen shot, I don't see a back ground from the series. I see the kcc logo. Why's that?

don't know is that not the default image when there none to display in your app

Check within Kodi if there's a poster and background set.

I don't use kodi just xbmc 12,2. all my tv shows and movies have all there artwork saved locally and then the front ends scan the info into the library eg.

banner.jpg
character.png
characterart.png
clearart.png
clearlogo.png
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
landscape.jpg
logo.png
poster.jpg
season01-banner.jpg
season01-poster.jpg
season-all-poster.jpg
season-specials-banner.jpg
season-specials-poster.jpg
theme.mp3
dexter.nfo

season folder contain
dexter S01E01 crocodile.mkv
dexter S01E01 crocodile.nfo
dexter S01E01 crocodile-thumb.jpg
folder.jpg

And that last two screen shots, you're playing an mp3. A mp3 has no poster or fan art.

Yep I know theres no fanart for mp3 what I was showing in two images the 2nd and 3rd if you notice the line of text is different it still says dexter and the season number when its playing a mp3 but if I close the app it shows the info in the 3rd image correctly might be a bug

still can not get it to work
Have you set it manually by using the fan art option? Because that would explain why the remote is not showing it.

what you mean in the remote or xbmc all I do is when I add a show is let xbmc add it to the library when I scan it in like normal, other remotes pick the artwork and display it ok with no problems.
I read your post a little bit better, just finished my first cup of coffee :-)

There's a reason why I dropped support for earlier versions :-)
Apparently xbmc doesn't return a fan art url or poster url when your are using local files.

In the rest of the app I am using user selected fan art, except over here. Simply because I am using a very inefficient method of polling. When using user selected fan art it would mean that I am reading from storage every time second. Not very efficient. And I poll for several reasons.
so this is a xbmc thing ? if so that's ok as I will be upgrading to version 15 when its out will that fix it ?

have you started the new theme yet or are you working on bug fixes in your current version, how was the info I gave you ?

also whats this search your on about is there two searches ?
(2015-06-21, 10:27)meridius Wrote: so this is a xbmc thing ? if so that's ok as I will be upgrading to version 15 when its out

have you started the new theme yet or are you working on bug fixes in your current version, how was the info I gave you ?

also whats this search your on about is there two searches ?

It could be an old xbmc thing. It would explain the behaviour you are experiencing.

I am just following my to do list for version 1.6 :-) and, yes I am working on the new theme. In the next couple of weeks you will see the requirements for your theme appearing in the screen shots. First need to layout the foundation.
As promised the music option will appear in version 1.6. Can't use your theme 100% because the rest is still missing. I think, as we have discussed, a setting will be added that you can choose the new theme layout for the options that have a new layout designed.

There are two searching option, one for the internet. You can find info not limited to Kodi. Needed for Trakt.
And there's the search within Kodi.
is the music view your own theme as I would like to start on the remote first in the theme I designed, that's why I sent you the info for that because the remote design is the foundation for the rest of the views in the theme I am designing. once thats done the rest of the views should come naturally, hopefully.
(2015-06-21, 11:00)meridius Wrote: is the music view your own theme as I would like to start on the remote first in the theme I designed, that's why I sent you the info for that because the remote design is the foundation for the rest of the views in the theme I am designing. once thats done the rest of the views should come naturally, hopefully.

My "own" view, but I am using your view (the remote and music) as a template. I can later, if needed, change the coordinates of items easily.
My primary goal is to reproduce the music view, but in the default colors and code it immediately the way that later colors can be changed.
ok, no probs let me know when you get the top half of the remote sorted well the info I sent you anyway and I will then send some more info
what do you think of using these posters and fanart when nothing is been played

@meridius, also the info like title, rating, overview is not available then. actually, nothing is available....that why I have called it "Nothing is playing at the current moment" :-) LOL
yep I know that's why it would look like this when nothing is been played in the remote view only. the other image was just to show you the poster and fanart but these images would have to be saved in the app itself to bring them up when nothing is been played

just tried kodi and the poster works but the fanart is not working in the remote when I use the remote to select the movie or tv show, the only time it works is when you select the tv show or movie form the ipads library then it loads the image and then it works and the go to the remote the fanart is displayed but stop it been played and go to another and play that there's no fanart again, this is the blurred version of the fanart not the top right hand part that works.

might be a bug
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8