• 10(current)
Kyra for Kodi
I didn't see this on your "To Do" list, but please consider the following:

YouTube integration.

Out of all XBMC remotes (for iOS) I use only one: Constellation.
The reason: YouTube.

It allows, from within the iOS app, to login (optionally) to your YouTube account, and browse YouTube, such as "my playlists", "my uploads", "my channel", or just general section like "trending", "channels", whatever. And of course you can search YouTube right there.

More importantly, once you've found the video that you need, you can play it in XBMC (through the YouTube addon)

Please add that, and I will switch away from Constellation to this.
rschiks,

would be better to return youtube trailers? For more languages and would ...
(2015-02-27, 19:32)hydraSlav Wrote: I didn't see this on your "To Do" list, but please consider the following:

YouTube integration.

Out of all XBMC remotes (for iOS) I use only one: Constellation.
The reason: YouTube.

It allows, from within the iOS app, to login (optionally) to your YouTube account, and browse YouTube, such as "my playlists", "my uploads", "my channel", or just general section like "trending", "channels", whatever. And of course you can search YouTube right there.

More importantly, once you've found the video that you need, you can play it in XBMC (through the YouTube addon)

Please add that, and I will switch away from Constellation to this.

I have been successful in querying youtube for the mostPopular videos and your entered query string :-).
For this you don't need to login.
Constellation provides the same functionality, right?
And of course you than can play the video on your iPad or on Kodi.

Maybe I will already put this functionality in the upcoming version (1.2).
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2015-02-27, 22:08)iorifly Wrote: rschiks,

would be better to return youtube trailers? For more languages and would ...

I can't query youtube for an imdb number or tmdbid. It just gives me results that match the query string. When I ask themoviedb.org I know for sure that the trailers returned are trailers for that movie.
But the name of the movie on youtube, will always return a trailer related to the movie ....
   And it would be in the user's language ....
(2015-02-28, 02:22)iorifly Wrote: But the name of the movie on youtube, will always return a trailer related to the movie ....
   And it would be in the user's language ....

But also a lot of other (not related) clips. And with this I have a problem. When, for example, I search for star wars on youtube I'm getting a lot of other clips.
For both movies and series I have added the button watch trailers (including search for movies/series) .

The default movie info screen is now a little big bigger so I could add the button, which also increased the overview text space :-)
Too bad there are not that many series trailers added to themoviedb.org. Create an account on themoviedb.org and start adding series trailers, so you can enjoy watching them on your iPad or Kodi!

A feature request has been added.

Some people use other media managers to supply the data for Kodi / XBMC (like nfo's). Kodi CC queries thetvdb.com and themoviedb.org for the latest data and thus replacing that info. Info like overview, tagline, genres and title.
I have now added a general setting to use the data in the database, for both movies and series (including episodes).
Remember that with series all episodes are retrieved. If that episode is not in your Kodi database, the info will not be replaced.

In the screenshot you can see that I have manually replaced some of the items.

Hi there,
thanks for adding the possibility to show local content instead of scrabbing them.
Not sure if this is tto much to ask, but i would rather vote for displaying only the content of your db instead of displaying episodes/content that wont be in kodi.
if i use a remote contoll i like to choose something to watch and like to see what i define to show up for the DB entry :-)
Displaying what i do not have? and than go and shop for this item? :-)

Edit: in addition another wish for your list:
a setting to disable facebook in the app, some/many are not really friends of FB here, so it would be nice to switch it off

Best Regards
(2015-03-01, 12:01)Linusorg Wrote: Hi there,
thanks for adding the possibility to show local content instead of scrabbing them.
Not sure if this is tto much to ask, but i would rather vote for displaying only the content of your db instead of displaying episodes/content that wont be in kodi.
if i use a remote contoll i like to choose something to watch and like to see what i define to show up for the DB entry :-)
Displaying what i do not have? and than go and shop for this item? :-)

Edit: in addition another wish for your list:
a setting to disable facebook in the app, some/many are not really friends of FB here, so it would be nice to switch it off

Best Regards

You mean something like this:

normal (so all episodes):

switch on (only display episodes in Kodi database):

Yes :-)
Great to see that
(2015-03-01, 15:00)Linusorg Wrote: Yes :-)
Great to see that

I just ask to be patient...it will be in the upcoming release (version 1.2), but since Apple is still busy with 1.1, it can take a while :-(

And with the Facebook thing you mean not to see the button?
Correct, if Facebook is disabled with a generic switch , no facebook button will be visible in the app
Best Regards
(2015-03-01, 16:42)Linusorg Wrote: Correct, if Facebook is disabled with a generic switch , no facebook button will be visible in the app
Best Regards

Ok, no problem.
Some bad news. I had to drop the whole streaming thing after reading so much about apps dropping support for AC3 because of Dolby.
Playing a movie with no sound is no option for me!
VLC for iOS is one of them. It got a lot of negative reviews because of that. I don't understand why.
It's a free app, so you can't expect the developers to pay thousands of dollars for a Dolby license.

It made no sense to me to put it in the new version and to remove it later again. I think it's just a matter of time before they find me.
A Dolby license is also too expensive for me. Or, if someone wants to make a very very big donation, you know where to find me. :-)

But hey...this means some of the cool features I wrote about in the last days are coming in the next version.

Things like:
- Play trailers on your iPad or on Kodi
- Normally Kodi CC is retrieving the latest data of your movies and series from themoviedb.org and thetvdb.com. Not very handy when you use local .nfo files or media managers. I have added an option to use this data.
- All episodes are retrieved from thetvdb.com. Even the ones not in your library. An option is added to only display the episodes you have in your library.

And...YouTube integration. It's finished!

When started it's showing the most popular results. Of course you can search in YouTube.
And you can play the YouTube movies on your iPad or on Kodi.

Check out the screenshots:

• 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8