• 21(current)
Kyra for Kodi
I think there are enough new options to make a final 1.4 version. I will do the final testing now.

The following will be available in version 1.4:

- TV option added.
- Radio option added.
- Ability to wake up a second host (configure in hosts settings).
- A new movies view.
- A new series view.
- Smart playlists option added.
- Added sort by artist to Albums.
- bug fixes

New Pro version features:

- History: this option gives you a calendar overview of the movies and episodes you have watched and when exactly.
- Cinema Experience support: start your movie with this great experience.
- Caching: enable the possibility to cache data (not for all options available)
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Version 1.4 is submitted to Apple. I think it will take around 8 days again for approval.
wow!!11

This is nice Smile.

are you planing to release android version also? Smile
(2015-05-15, 15:26)masinad Wrote: wow!!11

This is nice Smile.

are you planing to release android version also? Smile

For now it will be iPad only....(maybe in the future this will change).
Hello everyone. I am French and I use your application in version PRO. I wanted to congratulate you because this application is really good.

Like many people before, I used the application "XBMC commander" was for me the best application to control xbmc on ipad.

I am delighted that there is now almost as good application "xbmc commander".

Here are some suggestions:

-The Translation application.
-The Ability to rename texts in the menu
-The Use of url-scheme exemple: to launch the application from another application via a url like this: kodicc: // remote
-Have Choosing a theme such as "light"
-The Ability to set the menu on the left side to avoid each time you press menu.
-The Possibility of using http queries from the application

Thank you again for your work. In a future post, I'll post a picture for you offer "good ideas" for future development.

Thank you again.

Here is a picture. I am part of the application "xbmc commander".

1: this is the buttons for play-break .... They are very big and especially "white" colors so you can see the buttons. I think it's great. Volume management is via a bar, I find the idea good.

2: all remote control buttons, films, series ... remains locked down the application. Very good idea because we always access these buttons to any location on the application.

3: A space to navigate kodi with his fingers. This is a very interesante function but more important is the area that it takes on the ipad. It is very important that the space is great for if it is small and very difficult to use.

Those are my ideas. Congratulations for your work. Smile
(2015-05-15, 17:19)madmartigan57 Wrote: Hello everyone. I am French and I use your application in version PRO. I wanted to congratulate you because this application is really good.

Like many people before, I used the application "XBMC commander" was for me the best application to control xbmc on ipad.

I am delighted that there is now almost as good application "xbmc commander".

Here are some suggestions:

-The Translation application.
-The Ability to rename texts in the menu
-The Use of url-scheme exemple: to launch the application from another application via a url like this: kodicc: // remote
-Have Choosing a theme such as "light"
-The Ability to set the menu on the left side to avoid each time you press menu.
-The Possibility of using http queries from the application

Thank you again for your work. In a future post, I'll post a picture for you offer "good ideas" for future development.

Thank you again.

Hi,

Although I have prepared the app for other languages, it's still on the list to do. However, not with a high priority.
The changing of the menu items is maybe an option. I will look into that.
The url scheme is already on the to do list (see 1st post).
A fellow forum user meridius is design new views. A lighter theme is also thought of :-)
For the menu, I have another idea :-) be patient.

What do you mean with http queries? Do you want the ability to initiate queries? Could you give me an example?
(2015-05-15, 17:28)madmartigan57 Wrote: Image

1: this is the buttons for play-break .... They are very big and especially "white" colors so you can see the buttons. I think it's great. Volume management is via a bar, I find the idea good.

2: all remote control buttons, films, series ... remains locked down the application. Very good idea because we always access these buttons to any location on the application.

3: A space to navigate kodi with his fingers. This is a very interesante function but more important is the area that it takes on the ipad. It is very important that the space is great for if it is small and very difficult to use.

Ok, clear. Let me think about this... Would an alternate remote control be something? The user can switch between the current remote control and the one on your picture? Of course you can set a default one.
@madmartigan57...a hint

(2015-05-15, 20:38)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-05-15, 17:28)madmartigan57 Wrote: Image

Ok, clear. Let me think about this... Would an alternate remote control be something? The user can switch between the current remote control and the one on your picture? Of course you can set a default one.

Hi there,
its just my 2 cents and maybe the way i use the remote controll. so first of all, no harm intended.
i used the XBMC Commander as well and switch to XBMC touch for the excat the 2 points other may like:
Volumne controll:
Slider vs buttons, based on my expirience slider are more precise and work better, with sliders you are getter back and fourth until you find the right fit, i hate this thing in the sonos app as well and would love to have it changed to
simple buttons.You may add a custom setting how precise you like to change the volumene?
Navigation via gesture:
Again XBMC touch :-) remote controll via simple buttons, incl. 30 sec forward, backard, etc. simple easy and sufficient.
For me gestures works best on the magic trackpad, but for a remote simple and easy buttons works best, look for things like beo4, neeo, etc. simple and they do not mix different ways to controll the target :-)

But as i said just my 2 cents here
Best Regards
(2015-05-15, 21:59)Linusorg Wrote: Hi there,
its just my 2 cents and maybe the way i use the remote controll. so first of all, no harm intended.
i used the XBMC Commander as well and switch to XBMC touch for the excat the 2 points other may like:
Volumne controll:
Slider vs buttons, based on my expirience slider are more precise and work better, with sliders you are getter back and fourth until you find the right fit, i hate this thing in the sonos app as well and would love to have it changed to
simple buttons.You may add a custom setting how precise you like to change the volumene?
Navigation via gesture:
Again XBMC touch :-) remote controll via simple buttons, incl. 30 sec forward, backard, etc. simple easy and sufficient.
For me gestures works best on the magic trackpad, but for a remote simple and easy buttons works best, look for things like beo4, neeo, etc. simple and they do not mix different ways to controll the target :-)

But as i said just my 2 cents here
Best Regards

So, how would you describe your perfect remote then? Slider for the volume and simple buttons for tasks like stop, play, forward, backward, etc?
Hi,
sliders are nice, BUT only if they have enough space :-)
if you would use the area that is now empty and replace +/- with a slider in this area that would NOT do it.

Taking the space into account i would go here for buttons only (maybe make the steps adjustable)
i would also make the button line expandable (icon or area) and if expanded the remotecontrol overlaps the button area.
(with this you have all in one place) and there is a bit more space to add additional butons for skipping 30 sec. forw. or backwards.

Last thing:
depending if kodi is playing something the remote could change, f.e.
Kodi Navigation (if nothing is playing)
Content navigation (if something is playing)
with this you get even more space :-)

But as i said, just a thought :-)
Best Regards
@all: just a wild thought: would it be an option that you can arrange your own buttons in the remote control.

You start with an empty screen and select the buttons you want and place them yourself somewhere on the screen.

If you want a volume slider you can select a volume slider, if you want a plus or minus volume button you select those. The same for gestures. You want a gesture for going down, you select this. If you want a button for down, choose that. Place the button anywhere on the screen.
Hi there,
That would be just great :-)

Maybe review the idea of the expandable button line as well?
Thanks for all the great work
(2015-05-16, 10:32)Linusorg Wrote: Hi there,
That would be just great :-)

Maybe review the idea of the expandable button line as well?
Thanks for all the great work

What do you mean exactly with an expandable button line? (Just want to make sure that we are talking about the same thing)
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8