• 23(current)
Kyra for Kodi
(2015-05-17, 10:49)McYoshi Wrote: I think this looks very promising. About the volume control; some like sliders, some like buttons. Why not combine those? The slider has an icon on both sides as we can see, why not make those icons a button. Short tap to increase/increase and long tap to mute/max.

good idea like that
I have started on new features for version 1.5. One of the things a new view is going to require is a new menu bar at the top. Of course credits go to meridius :-) It took me more time than expected....anyway.

A new option called "Customize top menu bar" is added. With this option you can choose from available menu buttons and the order you want them in.
I think the screen shots will speak for themselves.

Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Hi mate looking good

This is that idea i had for the power button menu screen that I was telling you about in are emails and it uses your template you have now and was a quick mock up to show how it would look and works

if you like to add it I will clean it up it was a quick test template

as you can see in the template lets say you have one system only when you hit the power button it does not go to the screen template above it just wakes the system up as there is no point in the power menu popping up if you only have one system. when you want to turn a single system off you hit the power button and then the template pops up as in my screen shot but would only show one system icon and set of buttons.

Now lets say if you have more than one system like me and you hit the power button the template pops up and then gives you a selection of systems to wake like in the picture above. now lets say you wake one system up and you start watching a film but someone in another room wants to watch something and takes the only ipad you have they hit the power button again and the menu pops back up and tells that person that there is one system on indicated by the green light and two systems off indicated by the red light, they then can wake another system up and take control of that system once it wakes up. The tick means that the remote is been controlled on that system at that time, so when I get the ipad back I can hit the power button again and select a already powered up system and the tick will move to that system and then connect the ipad so I can gain control again and now we have two systems on and you are now able to control a lot more systems by 1 ipad.

if you want to shut one system down but keep another system on you can see each host has its own buttons for turning them off so one can just hit shutdown using the button below that system as the other person can still watch a different system.

what you think ? I posted on here to see what people thought of that as this would make this app a lot more multi system friendly

cheers mate
Looks really good meridius! I understand that shutdown would be whatever default action I have setup in Kodi for each system, right?

Regards,

Bart
(2015-05-17, 23:41)bsoriano Wrote: Looks really good meridius! I understand that shutdown would be whatever default action I have setup in Kodi for each system, right?

Regards,

Bart

Hi mate thanks. That's a very good point I am not to sure how that works with kodi cc. I have my shutdown set to hibernate so I don't know if by pressing the shutdown button the remote would use xbmc/kodi shutdown setting or send a true shutdown code. Mmm maybe it should bypass xbmc/kodi settings and use the right code to send to the system using the remote but have options in settings to enable/ disable what buttons you want but you would need to ask rschiks on that.

Doing some new buttons for that screen as me and rschiks have been chatting about that.
(2015-05-18, 08:27)meridius Wrote:
(2015-05-17, 23:41)bsoriano Wrote: Looks really good meridius! I understand that shutdown would be whatever default action I have setup in Kodi for each system, right?

Regards,

Bart

Hi mate thanks. That's a very good point I am not to sure how that works with kodi cc. I have my shutdown set to hibernate so I don't know if by pressing the shutdown button the remote would use xbmc/kodi shutdown setting or send a true shutdown code. Mmm maybe it should bypass xbmc/kodi settings and use the right code to send to the system using the remote but have options in settings to enable/ disable what buttons you want but you would need to ask rschiks on that.

Doing some new buttons for that screen as me and rschiks have been chatting about that.

I am sending a Kodi shutdown command. If you have configured doing something else, then that will happen.
Excellent, thanks!
As requested I have started to modify the remote control code and have added a view button (still work in progress).
You now can select other views. So, if you have ideas. post them.

I could have been inspired by another well used app and pushed in that direction because of several users :-)

Looking great! I like how the blue color scheme matches the Refocus skin I use. Do you plan to show artwork in the background of the remote?
(2015-05-18, 18:50)McYoshi Wrote: Looking great! I like how the blue color scheme matches the Refocus skin I use. Do you plan to show artwork in the background of the remote?

The artwork is there, but it's blurred. I have no idea if it's too busy looking when you have artwork more visible.
Hi mate looking good looking good but I think you could use my design for this template. Which would make it easier later on for the theme designing have been doing . I'll show you what I Mean when I get home soon. It's just a little tweak not to much to it but have an idea as its nearly the same what I was thinking about its like you where reading my mind.

Excellent work mate
(2015-05-18, 19:01)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-05-18, 18:50)McYoshi Wrote: Looking great! I like how the blue color scheme matches the Refocus skin I use. Do you plan to show artwork in the background of the remote?

The artwork is there, but it's blurred. I have no idea if it's too busy looking when you have artwork more visible.

Hi mate don't change that at all its perfect with the blur but I have an idea give me an hour to show you.
(2015-05-18, 19:12)meridius Wrote:
(2015-05-18, 19:01)rschiks Wrote:

Hi mate don't change that at all its perfect with the blur but I have an idea give me an hour to show you.

I am curious :-) I have recoded a lot of things to make more remote control views possible. I wanted it to be like the series and movies views. Why stick to one remote control view, choose your own favourite one :-)
Hi there this is just a suggestion I just thought I would show you what I mean, its a very quick mock up, lol a very quick one

what you think ? its just an idea

oh also I would use a single double tap to go back and use a two finger double tap for osd. never used a two finger double tap on the other remote think that was a mistake

cheers
Hi mate I have been thinking of your remote view I would just use your layout and have my info bar at the top and leave the volume and remote controls of your design where they are as I think you have enough room to put the home, movies,TV shows,music and the info button under the volume bar of your design In line with the other remote control buttons.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8