• 24(current)
Kyra for Kodi
(2015-05-18, 20:05)meridius Wrote: Hi there this is just a suggestion I just thought I would show you what I mean, its a very quick mock up, lol a very quick one

what you think ? its just an idea

oh also I would use a single double tap to go back and use a two finger double tap for osd. never used a two finger double tap on the other remote think that was a mistake

cheers

Ok, looking great..I have to check if the background is available from the current playing entry.
The gestures I got from somewhere else :-) I can change that. I will add this view too when you say it is final?
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2015-05-18, 20:58)meridius Wrote: Hi mate I have been thinking of your remote view I would just use your layout and have my info bar at the top and leave the volume and remote controls of your design where they are as I think you have enough room to put the home, movies,TV shows,music and the info button under the volume bar of your design In line with the other remote control buttons.

Using the movies, series and other buttons also crossed my mind, but why with a configurable top menu bar, would you go to the remote and then select movies?
hi mate give me a sec doing a new image
there you go, I think the (use this area for gestures needs lowering a littlie bit to centre it

looking good ? I think it goes with your theme and its sorted for my theme to later on as it should line up killing two birds with one stone

I will try and get that button done for you for the wake up screen tonight or tomorrow
Yes, it's looking great! I will add this one :-)

I have a general question to all: is a remote with just a few big buttons also handy?

Sometimes you don't want to look at the screen and go up, down, left and right. I am also doing that with a normal remote. I know where the buttons are.
(2015-05-18, 21:03)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-05-18, 20:58)meridius Wrote: Hi mate I have been thinking of your remote view I would just use your layout and have my info bar at the top and leave the volume and remote controls of your design where they are as I think you have enough room to put the home, movies,TV shows,music and the info button under the volume bar of your design In line with the other remote control buttons.

Using the movies, series and other buttons also crossed my mind, but why with a configurable top menu bar, would you go to the remote and then select movies?

its just another way to access the kodi on the tv side of it you can hit movies and on the tv screen you would be in movies and then use the remote to scroll through your movies on the screen it covers both bases been able to use the remote to look at your library on tv and also using the kodi CC on the ipad to look at your library.
(2015-05-18, 22:11)meridius Wrote:
(2015-05-18, 21:03)rschiks Wrote: Using the movies, series and other buttons also crossed my mind, but why with a configurable top menu bar, would you go to the remote and then select movies?

its just another way to access the kodi on the tv side of it you can hit movies and on the tv screen you would be in movies and then use the remote to scroll through your movies on the screen it covers both bases been able to use the remote to look at your library on tv and also using the kodi CC on the ipad to look at your library.

Ok, check.
Could you have the buttons in this order.

Home. Movies. TV. Music. Pictures.. Info.

You might need to add a couple more buttons like audio track and subtitles. I think that would cover everything.

But one button could be on the left of the remote menu for audio track and another button at the right of the remote menu for subtitles.

You could add them to the bottom but might Not look right as it would be off centre to the play buttons. But them buttons could be added later as the layout is perfect in the last image I posted.

Cheers
100% sorted this time looks much much better nothing more to do here. smaller buttons for the library type and the right three actions icons are audio track, subtitles on or off and info button. there is a space between the function buttons and library buttons so that it looks better and separates them by type.

also slightly lowered the play buttons to be a littlie more closer to the volume bar. and because the bottom buttons are not as wide as the big round buttons and smaller you get the same empty space gap between the buttons and boarder as the with the poster image at the top of the page so it looks more centre to the whole screen

Tried it on my ipad and it looks well good much better than xbmc commander now. iIf you want them buttons let me know and ill do a high res versions for you

Or you could use the bottem icon functions and place them down the left side of the screen and lower the play and volume panel down a little more but did not have time to do a test image. I could if you wanted to see how it looks let me know.

thanks richard

Here's my opinion:

For me it is very important for navigation icons that (series, films ...) at the bottom of the application. For visualize the icons, there must have a drawing to represent the icon but also a text. It is very important that there are a text. Must be large icons otherwise it's not easy to navigate :

another thing also:

Having the ability to display a left menu as "xbmc order" or can be personalized titles and menu function with generic HTTP :

For example this is "xbmc commander" :

With Kodi CC :

Hi mate. Never did like that window on the left of commander made the touch panel to cluttered but I did like the options. So I would suggest a pull out box window that blurs even more with the same selection options as commander and when your done with the selection you can push the window back to the left to make it disappear. You could put a tiny little arrow at the side of the screen sowing a pull window.

Woild leave the bottem selection bar off to much going on. The control panel the way you did and I added features to still has a less clutterd look to it and looks good. You could have a retractable menu bar for that as well I suppose.
It's no problem to make an additional remote control view with the bottom menu bar :-) so one with and one without. It's just copy and paste for me.
(2015-05-19, 08:40)madmartigan57 Wrote: Here's my opinion:

For me it is very important for navigation icons that (series, films ...) at the bottom of the application. For visualize the icons, there must have a drawing to represent the icon but also a text. It is very important that there are a text. Must be large icons otherwise it's not easy to navigate :

That bottem bar is to controll what's on the iPad not in the TV screen so why have it there ? Once your finished with the remote you would close it down angle then that bar would appear with what ever page you where on last.

It's just making it far to cluttered but if you look at my post 354 it's got quick jump buttons for what's on the TV screen and audio track and subtitles and a info button everything you need for controlling the TV side of it

If you want to view the library on the remote you would use the close or back button on the remote and would go to the page you where last on say movies.

Also if you want extra options fro a more advance user you could have a sliding window on the left of the screen so it would look more like your post in 356

I will try and explain in some shots tonight. But the menu bar at the bottem is pointless in a remote screen I think.

I will have to have a play around. But don't want to mess rschiks about by keep changing stuff
@madmartigan57: do you mean, for example, with the movies button, a button to see the movies on your device, or a button to go to the movies menu in Kodi?
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8